Home
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-27-2009, 03:12 PM   #9
Rookie
 
OVR: 3
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Palmetto State Pimpin
Re: Rebuilding with draft picks ?

Trade Kellen Winslow... You could easily for Shawn Nelson and the Bills first round pick he's just as good as Winslow with more speed.

Ronde Barber should be a traded too.

I always use to just trade away the older guys for better draft picks, but Madden's draft is mad weird this year and it seems like those hidden gems they were talking about aren't necessarily all that true, because after the third or fourth round you get automatic 55 overalls.
d3athb4dishonor is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 03:23 PM   #10
All Star
 
Gosens6's Arena
 
OVR: 26
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 5,615
Blog Entries: 2
Re: Rebuilding with draft picks ?

Well thats the thing. EA did such a good job with the generated draft classes this year. You could get a guy with A potential in the first round, yet, it may take him years for his overall to reach that potential. It's all done very well actually.
Gosens6 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 04:04 PM   #11
Rookie
 
BuccNole17's Arena
 
OVR: 4
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Georgia
Re: Rebuilding with draft picks ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by d3athb4dishonor
Trade Kellen Winslow... You could easily for Shawn Nelson and the Bills first round pick he's just as good as Winslow with more speed.

Ronde Barber should be a traded too.

I always use to just trade away the older guys for better draft picks, but Madden's draft is mad weird this year and it seems like those hidden gems they were talking about aren't necessarily all that true, because after the third or fourth round you get automatic 55 overalls.
Ok that helps a lot. I did not know that after the 3rd or 4th round 55 overall is the highest you get. I am trying to look for 75-80 guys coming in. So from what I have read I need to stock up on 1st and 2nd round picks.

How much do players progress in the offseason on average with A potential?
__________________
NCAA: Florida State Seminoles
NFL: Tampa Bay Buccaneers
MLB: Atlanta Braves
NBA: Miami Heat
BuccNole17 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-27-2009, 04:22 PM   #12
Rookie
 
OVR: 2
Join Date: Jul 2009
Re: Rebuilding with draft picks ?

Not true about the 3rd or 4th round thing. I know there are steals in late rounds in created. But even in imported, which I use, I've gotten 60-70 guys with B potential.
mjd3221 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 04:31 PM   #13
Pro
 
OVR: 11
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Left Coast
Blog Entries: 28
Re: Rebuilding with draft picks ?

Dude, try to be realistic. It adds to the overall feel and challenge of the game.
tarantism is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 04:57 PM   #14
Banned
 
OVR: 2
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: BGSU
Re: Rebuilding with draft picks ?

You can get guys with high overalls in later rounds. In one draft class there is a HB who is an 83 with B potential who goes undrafted.
Davis7907 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 06:06 PM   #15
Rookie
 
BuccNole17's Arena
 
OVR: 4
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Georgia
Re: Rebuilding with draft picks ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarantism
Dude, try to be realistic. It adds to the overall feel and challenge of the game.
It's called being a gm. Trading away old players for draft picks is realistic
__________________
NCAA: Florida State Seminoles
NFL: Tampa Bay Buccaneers
MLB: Atlanta Braves
NBA: Miami Heat
BuccNole17 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-27-2009, 06:07 PM   #16
Rookie
 
BuccNole17's Arena
 
OVR: 4
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Georgia
Re: Rebuilding with draft picks ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davis7907
You can get guys with high overalls in later rounds. In one draft class there is a HB who is an 83 with B potential who goes undrafted.
Awesome...I guess I'll mess around with the draft when I get done with my Bucs season. Not looking to good so far. My defense is pathetic lol.
__________________
NCAA: Florida State Seminoles
NFL: Tampa Bay Buccaneers
MLB: Atlanta Braves
NBA: Miami Heat
BuccNole17 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:05 AM.

Top -