Home

My New Vision Cone Idea. What do you guys think?

This is a discussion on My New Vision Cone Idea. What do you guys think? within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
ESBC Roster - The Best We've Ever Seen in a Boxing Game?
PES 2021 Team Spirit Guide - Understand Chemistry on a New Level
MLB The Show 21 Diamond Dynasty Budget Beasts
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 11-30-2009, 10:13 PM   #17
Pro

crob8822's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: My New Vision Cone Idea. What do you guys think?

I like the idea of the passing cone, with a small addition if a defensive back is standing in front of your receiver a shadow will appear within the cone, this will tell you that the quarterback cannot really see the receiver or if he sees the receiver it will determine what kind of pass too throw and this will be based on your quarterbacks ability.
Old 11-30-2009, 10:28 PM   #18
Rookie

muktownballer33's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jono078
I like your way of executing the vision cone (original poster)

BUT... I don't see a vision cone on Sunday, so yeh...
I agree. Just have the visual part of it be optional. For beginners you can see exactly how much of the field your quarterback can see. Once you get the idea you can turn it off and the same thing will happen but you just won't see the cone projected on the field for you.
Old 11-30-2009, 10:35 PM   #19
Rookie

muktownballer33's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boregard
The cone was a cool idea for distinguishing the good QBs from the bad, but I think even the original posters idea is too clunky for it to be well implemented. I don't mean to say that it was a bad idea, but that separation to a point by the new short, mid and deep accuracy ratings.

I guess if M11 is nearly flawless, then I would look to fidget with adding something like this back in - but only if they give me back legacy gen controls!!!!!
Unfortunately you are right. There are a lot of things I'd focus on when it comes to the game before I would start messing with the passing system. I just feel this game favors the offense way to much which makes it way to easy to score. The only real catch up for the defense is some ridiculous pick 6 situations.

My main complaint is when I score I just don't feel like I accomplished anything. We need to either make some changes to the passing game to make scoring harder or make the defensive AI better.
Old 11-30-2009, 10:36 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 2

I want the cone back as it greatly improved the passing game. However, the ideas being suggeste here don't work for using it to look off the safeties. If you press the button once and it moves the cone then starts the QB delivery, you wouldn't be able to let it look off the safety. That was my favorite thing about the cone. I would set my primary receiver pre-snap and let my QB stare him down for a time, then switch to the guy I want to throw to. This would usually work well in causing the safety to float to the guy I was locke onto at the beginning.
Old 11-30-2009, 10:41 PM   #21
Rookie

muktownballer33's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by damonb10
I want the cone back as it greatly improved the passing game. However, the ideas being suggeste here don't work for using it to look off the safeties. If you press the button once and it moves the cone then starts the QB delivery, you wouldn't be able to let it look off the safety. That was my favorite thing about the cone. I would set my primary receiver pre-snap and let my QB stare him down for a time, then switch to the guy I want to throw to. This would usually work well in causing the safety to float to the guy I was locke onto at the beginning.
I agree. That's what I was trying to explain on my first post. Key on a receiver pre-snap. Then snap the ball, let the safeties drift over and then hit your receiver on the opposite side of the field.

If they just eliminated one step and took the cone visually off the field I think the system would be great.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-30-2009, 10:45 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by muktownballer33
I agree. That's what I was trying to explain on my first post. Key on a receiver pre-snap. Then snap the ball, let the safeties drift over and then hit your receiver on the opposite side of the field.
The problem with your idea is that it only allows you to key on one guy to move the safety presnap. What if I key a primary presnap, drop back and want to instead key someone on the other side and come back to that primary. I personally thought the way they implemented it a couple years ago was perfect. I had no problems with the button combinations for moving the cone and I'm not even a great stick skills guy.
Old 11-30-2009, 11:45 PM   #23
Rookie

muktownballer33's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by damonb10
The problem with your idea is that it only allows you to key on one guy to move the safety presnap. What if I key a primary presnap, drop back and want to instead key someone on the other side and come back to that primary. I personally thought the way they implemented it a couple years ago was perfect. I had no problems with the button combinations for moving the cone and I'm not even a great stick skills guy.
Ah, I see what you are saying. They could give you the option of using the right stick still to move it manually. But if you think about how much time a quarterback has in the pocket, the amount of time it would take you to look back and forth across the field like that would be tough without getting sacked or having to scramble out of the pocket. At that point you would need to have some sort of right stick kind of free roaming vision cone.

It's tough finding a perfect balance. They just have to do something to the current system cause it's just too easy to pick apart the defense with any quarterback.
Old 12-01-2009, 12:34 AM   #24
Banned

OVR: 49

Better yet:

Have each button make you qb prepare(look) to throw to the corosponding receiver. Make it where you have to pull the right trigger to actually throw. Then you can remove the flashlight, and just make a small highlighted circle under the player who's button is pushed. Much better!

Personally I think the right stick could work as a look off with no vision cone or highlights. Could even be a move that only high aware qbs have.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »