Home

My New Vision Cone Idea. What do you guys think?

This is a discussion on My New Vision Cone Idea. What do you guys think? within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 12-03-2009, 06:51 PM   #49
MVP

OVR: 55
Re: My New Vision Cone Idea. What do you guys think?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DONF
Kill the flash light cone all together. You don't need a light to tell you that you are looking a a particular WR. I put a thread out about this before. Just like you can pan side to side pre-snap the same should be available after the snap. Especially with the Zoom cam (which I love). In essence as a QB you should be able to pan left, middle, and right. The RB when running the ball should have the same vision procedures (WR's after the catch also).

It should be called the 360 Vision Procedural Awareness and should not be limited to just the offensive players. Just imagine on D being able to scan the entire field. Running the ball as RB and being able to quickly pan to your right for an on coming defender. As a QB being able to look to your right to see if a WR is beating his man.

this has to be done correctly. Just zooming out to make the entire field fit in a cam shot is not the idea/correct. As stated, just like the pre-snap pan left pan right. When the QB drops back and Pans Right, the cam angle should also shift to the right, therefore (just like in real life football) creating a blind side to the left of the QB. So if i am dropping back to pass and pan right to look for my favorite WR, Miles Austin, then I should not be able to see my left side unless I pan back to my left.

Your thoughts?
I think this is the approach Backbreaker is taking fortunately. Sounds like you may get what you want.. just from a different game.

M - I - N - N - E - S - O - T - A
Old 12-03-2009, 10:10 PM   #50
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tylerazevedo
I don't think a cone is the best option. I think more of a line from the QB to the receiver is better. Sort of like the battle system in Final Fantasy 12 on PS2. Or even better, just put a circle under the receiver you are watching. Players like Kyle Boller would get one line/circle, while players like Peyton Manning would get 3 or 4 at a time.

If you want to throw the ball to a player who is highlighted, you just hit the button and the QB begins his motion. Players with a quick motion obviously have less time that you have to hold the ball.
This sounds like a really interesting idea.

Heh, guess I just visualized the lines coming out from the QB since I've played FF12.
Old 12-03-2009, 10:15 PM   #51
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by DONF
Kill the flash light cone all together. You don't need a light to tell you that you are looking a a particular WR. I put a thread out about this before. Just like you can pan side to side pre-snap the same should be available after the snap. Especially with the Zoom cam (which I love). In essence as a QB you should be able to pan left, middle, and right. The RB when running the ball should have the same vision procedures (WR's after the catch also).

It should be called the 360 Vision Procedural Awareness and should not be limited to just the offensive players. Just imagine on D being able to scan the entire field. Running the ball as RB and being able to quickly pan to your right for an on coming defender. As a QB being able to look to your right to see if a WR is beating his man.

I like this idea as well.

I would imagine AWR could impact how fast you pan (though it might throw it off).

This would also let you look off defenders as well.

Very interesting indeed
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »