Home

SLOW Menu Navigation

This is a discussion on SLOW Menu Navigation within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-27-2009, 10:24 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
SLOW Menu Navigation

I've recently been trying to really get into the offline franchise of this year's Madden but it's like it just doesn't want me to. The menu's are soooo slllooowww it's absolutely pathetic.

I looked through a few threads here and a lot of people have been complaining about the unrealistic stats (and rightfully so) and that they are fixing a lot of the stat problems in the 2nd patch. To be honest, I don't really give a s*** about them fixing the stats now because of two things: 1. They don't seem to impact my players progress in either a +/- way (the only thing that seems to matter is if you're a young player you go up and if you're old you go down) and 2. Digging through the menus just to find the stats for my team, how my players stack up against the best in their respective division or the entire league is infuriatingly SLOW.

There is absolutely NO REASON at all for the menus in this game to be so insanely slow. Does this grind your gears as well?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-27-2009, 10:46 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 13
Re: SLOW Menu Navigation

Menus, the controls, franchise features, D playmaker, man lock, play call screen, the flow of the game are all serious fumbles by EA/Tiburon in the console generation jump!!!!

Absolutely drives me insane!!!
Old 11-27-2009, 11:04 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swoot22
I've recently been trying to really get into the offline franchise of this year's Madden but it's like it just doesn't want me to. The menu's are soooo slllooowww it's absolutely pathetic.

I looked through a few threads here and a lot of people have been complaining about the unrealistic stats (and rightfully so) and that they are fixing a lot of the stat problems in the 2nd patch. To be honest, I don't really give a s*** about them fixing the stats now because of two things: 1. They don't seem to impact my players progress in either a +/- way (the only thing that seems to matter is if you're a young player you go up and if you're old you go down) and 2. Digging through the menus just to find the stats for my team, how my players stack up against the best in their respective division or the entire league is infuriatingly SLOW.

There is absolutely NO REASON at all for the menus in this game to be so insanely slow. Does this grind your gears as well?
You know what drives me batty is the "You have no more games this week..." prompt that I have answer as I navigate thru my franchise information. It is slow and annoying, anyone know what I am trying to say?
Old 11-28-2009, 12:29 AM   #4
Banned

YEP! EA totally screwed up some things from ... ...well every year they break something that needed no attention or they over react to forum complaints - last year no way to stop the pass rush, this year the pass rush is nearly non-existent!

They really need to look at what worked well on PS2 as far as the user interacting with the game - i mean does anyone else feel like we have far less control on this gen than we did in the PS2 days???
Old 11-28-2009, 01:18 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 3

What really annoys me is that they added all these presentation features (i assume because people complained about not having them), instead of fixing the core gameplay first. Not to mention the presentation gets annoying after like two games.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-28-2009, 01:58 AM   #6
Banned

Yea, when you first put the game in you feel like wow, they improved the presentation (which they did) but then after 5 games you are like "Shut the heck up Chris, you just said the same stupid thing 5 games in a row!!!!!"

I know its a game, but I really think they need to get some better material and much more lengthy recording session out of the broadcasters cuz the repetition is just awful!!!

Does EA not have some sort of deal with whatever channel Collinsworth works for? If so why don't they get actual game call recordings and "map" those to in game events?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »