Home

Teams cutting and siging FA's in Franchise

This is a discussion on Teams cutting and siging FA's in Franchise within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-27-2009, 09:27 PM   #1
All Star

JayD's Arena

OVR: 16
Teams cutting and siging FA's in Franchise

I have noticed that several teams throughout a season will cut and sign several players in the middle of the season. I just don't understand some teams reasoning behind this.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-27-2009, 09:32 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 13
Re: Teams cutting and siging FA's in Franchise

The thing that really bothers me about that is that you don't get some notification that that is going on! I mean as a "head coach/gm" you should get a "waiver wire notice"! You can see it if you go looking for it, but I think there should be some thing that tells you on the main screen that such and such a team released SoNso and signed Whathisname!
Old 11-27-2009, 09:39 PM   #3
Banned

Sometimes you do get notifications, but not often.

And they usually do it in the first place because of injuries; they need a certain number of players at a position, their roster is full and IRing a player doesn't free up a spot (assuming they've got somebody to put on IR anyway), so they start releasing players at other positions to make room.
Old 11-27-2009, 09:57 PM   #4
All Star

JayD's Arena

OVR: 16

Well there is no IR this year and hopefully they will put it in next year to keep this from happening. I hate when i have to cut players just to make room for someone to fill for an injured player. I mean i sometimes see teams cut 5 or more guys in one week and sign 5 FA's. I do have a feeling that with all the additions this year to franchise and I know EA is reading comments about the IR, stats, etc. that Madden 11 will have a very solid franchise mode.

Last edited by JayD; 11-27-2009 at 09:59 PM.
Old 11-27-2009, 10:10 PM   #5
Banned

^^ Yes, that is correct, but still wish that you got something that would flash across the screen or something like a league notes that was easily accessible to see that from week to week.

The reason I say that is because I scouted guys with 1 yr left that I hoped to sign in offseason and found a guy I really wanted - then unknown to me he gets released due to injury by one CPU team and signed to a 3 yr deal by another and i missed any chance to sign him to my team!

Not really a big deal as he was a backup, situational signing for me or would have been anyway, but it would have been cool to have him!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-27-2009, 10:47 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD
Well there is no IR this year and hopefully they will put it in next year to keep this from happening. I hate when i have to cut players just to make room for someone to fill for an injured player. I mean i sometimes see teams cut 5 or more guys in one week and sign 5 FA's. I do have a feeling that with all the additions this year to franchise and I know EA is reading comments about the IR, stats, etc. that Madden 11 will have a very solid franchise mode.
What!?
Madden 10 definitely has IR. Go to the player management screen and click on a player. One of the options is to put him on IR.
Old 11-27-2009, 11:38 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by camelworm
What!?
Madden 10 definitely has IR. Go to the player management screen and click on a player. One of the options is to put him on IR.

it doesnt work properly tho.
when you IR someone they still take up the space
Old 11-28-2009, 01:30 AM   #8
MVP

TeamBuilder's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by camelworm
What!?
Yea he's saying there's no IR because it really is a useless feature since it doesn't work properly.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »