Home

Is this legit?

This is a discussion on Is this legit? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-27-2009, 03:42 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 6
Is this legit?

I have a new Packers franchise going with Valderez's sliders and in week 6 decided to make a trade for Felix Jones. I always seem to do better with fast backs and I figured with Marion Barber and Tashard Choice, the Cowboys IRL would listen to offers. I might have over done it but I gave Dallas my 1st RD pick. I'm almost done with the season and Jones has worked out pretty well so I am planning on trading Ryan Grant for picks. My target is going to be Cleveland since they will have early picks and because Jamal Lewis is old. So my question is a)was my trade for Jones legit? and b)is it fair to trade with Cleveland for picks? Thanks in advance.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-27-2009, 03:49 PM   #2
Rookie

Slinky O's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Is this legit?

As a Packer fan, Ryan Grant hasn't exactly been the greatest back for us and getting a good runner is something we will have to do in our future. But a 1st for Jones is much, especially when they need high picks for o-linemen. trading Grant to Cleveland is legit if the draft pick is a 3rd or less or if you get a decent o-lineman for him. Thats just what i think IMO.
Old 11-27-2009, 05:01 PM   #3
Rookie

The_Patriot_12's Arena

OVR: 4

Felix Jones is a good HB with high potential. The cowboys used a first round pick to get him so i think you should have added maybe a third or fouth for him. Im not hating on it though. Id say trading grant for a third and a sixth would be fair trade with cleveland.
Old 11-27-2009, 10:33 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 13

Well, I doubt very seriously that JJ would trade his prized first Razorback on the team especially being that he used a 1st to draft him but hey its a video game and the trade seems even enough to me that if we were playing a franchise together I would have to strongly consider making that trade if you offered it up to me!
Old 11-28-2009, 01:31 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boregard
Well, I doubt very seriously that JJ would trade his prized first Razorback on the team especially being that he used a 1st to draft him but hey its a video game and the trade seems even enough to me that if we were playing a franchise together I would have to strongly consider making that trade if you offered it up to me!
I didn't want to do a first but I knew Jones was A potential and he is wicked fast with decent hands. The main issue is his INJ rating. I plan on drafting a bigger better trucking HB in the draft or FA to give a good rotation. I might even keep Grant.
Quote:
Felix Jones is a good HB with high potential. The cowboys used a first round pick to get him so i think you should have added maybe a third or fouth for him. Im not hating on it though. Id say trading grant for a third and a sixth would be fair trade with cleveland.
I was really hoping for a 2nd and 4th, maybe 3rd and 4th. Would that be too unrealistic?
Quote:
As a Packer fan, Ryan Grant hasn't exactly been the greatest back for us and getting a good runner is something we will have to do in our future. But a 1st for Jones is much, especially when they need high picks for o-linemen. trading Grant to Cleveland is legit if the draft pick is a 3rd or less or if you get a decent o-lineman for him. Thats just what i think IMO.
Grant has been pretty solid for the Packers. My issue is that I cannot seem to put up the same numbers with a back like him vs. a speedy back like Jones. I like the idea of trading Grant for linemen and was looking at Alex Mack, then a little shifting of my o-line. But since Mack will be only a 2nd year player come the time of the trade it seems shiesty on my part.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »