Home

Using Inactive Players Online

This is a discussion on Using Inactive Players Online within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-27-2009, 09:54 PM   #9
MVP

Young J 334's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Using Inactive Players Online

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boregard
I know.

I don't know what the deal is, but I wonder if you can tell me (serious question) what about playing a "play now" game keeps you heading back to online play?

To me (just my opinion) playing online is pointless - you constantly run into cheesers, cheaters, and quitters. And what do you play for? Nothing - I guess that playing a football game to me ( unless you are using it for a lab scenario which I occasionally do) without the goal of winning the SB is a waste of time - unless you are playing a friend for bragging rights!

Really sorry for my first post, i am kinda cranky because I have not had a good game of Madden in weeks because EA can't get the franchise mode to work properly and my Madden crew only wants to play for SB glory!
No harm done. I am 100% sim guy. I pick my team based on the team the other guy picks. The guy picked the Bears, so I thought Id have a great time running up the gut with my Giants since Urlacher was gone for the year. Guess who made the tackle on the 1st run attempt I made! You got it! It was frustrating. I won the game, Urlacher wasnt much of a force after I got used to him hovering over the middle. It was just frustrating seeing a 94ovr guy, whom is out for the season, actually playing vs me online.

If you're on 360 we can give it a shot. Young J 334

BTW, I am only playing Madden online, because the 2nd patch has yet to be released. I really only play when I get tired of dying on Veteran and Hardened on COD: MW2.

Old 11-27-2009, 10:20 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 13

Sorry bro, PS3

I wonder sometimes - guys play computer games on MACs and PCs online against each other, so when if ever will I be able to match my stick skills up against the 360 guys?
Old 11-28-2009, 10:36 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 3

this is how it is done on nba 2k. injured players are not available online. i like the idea. allowing injured players to comepete defeats the whole purpose of updated ratings. how can bob sanders be a 89 overall and he is out for the season? for online ranke games, injured players should be upsated as such. when someone does good or bad they give them a boost, so injuries should reflect in the ratings as well. the way its done now makes no sense. they just drop the injured players rating like 8 or 9 points
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-28-2009, 11:15 AM   #12
All Star

OVR: 33

How can you adjust ratings online, and leave injured players in?

Urlacher should be rated 2 overall. Not 90+ in online play. Since Jay Cutler got a downgrade. Why should he benefit more if he were injured than playing poorly.
Old 11-28-2009, 04:49 PM   #13
Pro

OVR: 9

My opinion:

Let injured guys play. In other games they decrease a guys rating based on the injury, so let that play into effect. But when I play games online, usually its with the hometown team. For example, if I was a Colts fan and Peyton Manning and Reggie Wayne both injured and out, there almost no way I could beat anyone. If I want the realism, I'll play in franchise. If I play online, I want all the best players out on the field and should expect nothing less than that. I mean, I'm sim, but if I play online with cheesers and quitters, than I already know I'm getting into a hack game to begin with, so at least let me have some weapons. But I mean, if you gonna pick a team solely because you assume the other team has injuries weakening at a position, not only do I think thats bull but I think that makes you a win/ranking whore and no different than any other hack player out there, forget the fact you playing like an 70s team with an high 80s team. Basically you want the playing field stacked so the other guy cant compete with you, and I dont think that fair either.
Old 11-28-2009, 05:18 PM   #14
MVP

jmurphy31's Arena

OVR: 21

Remember its a game. For franchise let the players stay hurt but for a quick game let all players eligible. If my favorite player is hurt in real life I would still like to use him in a game. Also how many people who use big ben will sit him in their franchise this week cause he's out in real life. Don't forget roster updates don't affect your ongoing franchises.
Old 11-28-2009, 05:45 PM   #15
Rookie

ridemooses's Arena

OVR: 8

If they didn't want the injured players to be able to play online they would figure out a better way. Right now you CAN play then so you SHOULD play them.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-28-2009, 11:31 PM   #16
Banned

OVR: 13

I can see both sides of the argument, but for online games - which are meaningless anyway - all players should be available!

I would not want to play against the Patriots without Randy Moss as part of the fun is trying to take him out strategically or at least minimize the damage he does!

I mean playing against the Vikes without AP would suck too, cuz I find it to be a ton of fun to absolutely shutdown the other teams' best player and make guys adjust. I like the chess game within the game so I use the online mode for a lab to see if I can shutdown superstar players - sometimes i win, other times I lose, but I feel like the injuries should be left for franchise mode!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »