Home

What's your favorite offensive move?

This is a discussion on What's your favorite offensive move? within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
ESBC Roster - The Best We've Ever Seen in a Boxing Game?
PES 2021 Team Spirit Guide - Understand Chemistry on a New Level
MLB The Show 21 Diamond Dynasty Budget Beasts
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)
View Poll Results: What is your favorite offensive move?
Truck stick 25 36.23%
Juke 20 28.99%
Stiff arm 6 8.70%
Spin 11 15.94%
Manual L-stick jukes 4 5.80%
Pro-tak pile pushing 2 2.90%
QB Evades 0 0%
Other 1 1.45%
Voters: 69. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-28-2009, 12:41 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 55
Re: What's your favorite offensive move?

Nice! A couple of spin-movers out there. So far the power moves are beating the finesse moves. Where's all the CJ users out there?!?!

M - I - N - N - E - S - O - T - A
Old 11-28-2009, 01:03 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 36

definitely juke moves. I like to use a good mix though. I agree that the stiff arm animations are great though.

My favorite move now is the complete stop though, and I think this will get better when the patch fixes pursuit angles. I start out sprinting and holding the left stick down. Then I let go of sprint, and just hold down the left stick for a couple more seconds. After that, I let go and change directions. Works some times.
Old 11-28-2009, 01:08 PM   #11
Banned

OVR: 25
Location: Far far away from the vultures and snakes that reside in the united states.

Oh, you have another spin move here man. I absolutely love that animation. It looks very good when applied in the right situation.

Pounding the rock up the middle then bust the spin move towards the outside, followed by a release of the R stick all together (bet some didn't know that there's a great animation when you do that) followed by another L stick juke or spin. That **** looks sweet for highlights.

Truck stick is ehhh ok. They need another animation for that one though. Its not a terrible animation, but it needs to be more......visceral? i guess is the word I'm looking for, on top of that, the truck animation sometimes breaks the laws of physics along with the breaking out of tackles.

Spins and jukes for me all day.

Last edited by TheCreep; 11-28-2009 at 01:12 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-28-2009, 01:15 PM   #12
Banned

Location: Far far away from the vultures and snakes that reside in the united states.

Oh and if anyone was curious. When you let off the R stick completely, you get a sweet looking stutter step (some barry sanders type of ****) but you have to be quick about it because as you know that IS the movement stick, so you will stop completely if you dont hurry.

It looks good before or after a spin move though.
Old 11-28-2009, 01:18 PM   #13
MVP

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCreep
Oh and if anyone was curious. When you let off the R stick completely, you get a sweet looking stutter step (some barry sanders type of ****) but you have to be quick about it because as you know that IS the movement stick, so you will stop completely if you dont hurry.

It looks good before or after a spin move though.
I think you mean the L stick? The R stick performs all the moves - up = truck, down =stop, L/R juke, circle =spin

The L stick does that cool stutter when you let go of it for a split second. I know that for a fact... maybe the R stick is involved too somehow?

M - I - N - N - E - S - O - T - A
Old 11-28-2009, 01:23 PM   #14
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreatineKasey
I think you mean the L stick? The R stick performs all the moves - up = truck, down =stop, L/R juke, circle =spin

The L stick does that cool stutter when you let go of it for a split second. I know that for a fact... maybe the R stick is involved too somehow?
Ahh yeah, thats what I meant. The primary stick for movement(L stick) I got mixed up a bit there, lol, yea when you let it go for a split second the stutter step occurs. I love to utilize that RIGHT before a spin move, always looks good.
Old 11-28-2009, 02:22 PM   #15
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Usually I do the "truck" move on the right stick (I call it finishing the run and falling forward).

Sometimes I'll juke or spin (especially in the open field or to try to escape the backfield on a stretch/toss/pitch/sweep play.

So I say for me it's "truck" #1, with spin #2 and the occasional juke or maybe a stiff arm if I'm running inside.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-28-2009, 03:50 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 5

i love the idea of pile pushing for both offense and defense however i dont see it enough on the offensive side but on defense they swarm to the pile
also i like the juke, its highly effective

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »