Home

What's your favorite offensive move?

This is a discussion on What's your favorite offensive move? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: What is your favorite offensive move?
Truck stick 25 36.23%
Juke 20 28.99%
Stiff arm 6 8.70%
Spin 11 15.94%
Manual L-stick jukes 4 5.80%
Pro-tak pile pushing 2 2.90%
QB Evades 0 0%
Other 1 1.45%
Voters: 69. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-29-2009, 12:02 AM   #25
MVP

OVR: 55
Re: What's your favorite offensive move?

I think I need to work on L stick jukes with big RB's. I've been making a conscious effort to hit the moves extra early and it seems to really play off. It matters if you are turbo-ing or not.

If you are running without sprint, you can cut on a dime and perform moves quickly. If you are sprinting, you need to hit moves very early but the moves also seem to come with bigger force. I've dished out some nasty truck sticks and stiff arms against players when sprinting down the sidelines.

I had a real nice run tonight where I took the toss outside with Parker, sprinted to space, geared down to just a run to make some sharp cuts in traffic, and finished the run with some trucking to grind the last few yards. It does pay to lay off the turbo in traffic at times to weave with precision. If you just sprint through, you are bound to run into defenders most of the time.

Glad to see you pro-tak pile pushers reppin' the poll too! Probably some AP, MJD, Jacobs, or Turner users

EDIT: LOL @ Titan's signature!!!

M - I - N - N - E - S - O - T - A

Last edited by CreatineKasey; 11-29-2009 at 12:05 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-29-2009, 12:07 AM   #26
In case you forgot...

mKoz26's Arena

OVR: 30

Devin Hester's spin move is unstoppable. I can burn 2-3 would-be tacklers with it at a time.

@CDonkey26

Quote:
Originally Posted by baumy300
Yeah, she may be a bit of a beotch, but you get back to me when you find out a way to motorboat personality...
Old 11-29-2009, 12:21 AM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 2

Stiff arm is the most fun, but it doesn't seem to work as well as trucking for me.

I wish I had the reflexes to jump power tackles like the CPU does everytime you try to use the power stick to cut their legs. I always end up looking awkward as a LB picks up my prancing RB and pilledrives him into the ground.
Old 11-29-2009, 12:24 AM   #28
Rookie

Jesus... I just realized that L-stick jukes exist.
Old 11-29-2009, 10:32 AM   #29
Pro

wisdom less13's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boregard
The "cut moves" from last gen!!!

Without a doubt the change in the control layout is one of the worst mistakes ever! the last gen controls made more sense - were more intuitive - and I can't tell you how many times I see quick cuts on "Sundays" that you can't reproduce in Madden with the new controls!!!!
I smell ya on this one. I used to do it all the time when I was balls deep into Madden back in the day, but the quick cuts are still in the game. All you have to do is flick the R-Stick as opposed to holding it to the left/right. I like to do this when I see my hole is clogged, I'll flick it and it you pick the right spot the running back explodes through the hole. I'm constantly catching defenders with a hard juke where I let go of the L-Stick and hold the R-Stick to the left/right at the same time and just bust out a mean juke on someone, but the spin move is the dopest in the game. I've been doing the same thing for years where I let go of turbo and choose a side with the L-Stick and hit B/O and hit a dude with a mean spin move.

Franchise Mode Enthusiast.
Watch Me Suck at video games...
Old 11-29-2009, 10:42 AM   #30
Rookie

I voted for the juke move because you can use it more frequently and in tighter space than the spin move, but the spin move for me is a very close second. The spin move can be a killer on Power O and pitch plays that may otherwise be stuffed. The truck is a great tool, but is mostly for getting a few extra yards. The juke and spin move are game breakers.
Old 11-29-2009, 01:42 PM   #31
MVP

OVR: 55

I think the spin looks awesome, but honestly I can never anticipate when to use it. I can only rarely visualize situations where it applies.

M - I - N - N - E - S - O - T - A
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-29-2009, 04:48 PM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 4

truck no doubt

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »