Home

Old 11-28-2009, 05:28 PM   #9
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Important Ratings for Players

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlennN
Interesting. On CBs, you do not consider ACC or AGI important ratings? If you run a cover 2, I can understand, but if you like to use a S to blitz, don't you need more ability to stay with a WR one on one?

Honestly, I don't know what AGI does, or how it impacts the players. I can't remember saying, "wow, that guy has bad AGI" when watching the game. So perhaps I'm under-estimating it's importance. For ACC - if I play press coverage a lot, I could see it because you need a better jump, especially if the WR releases or beats the jam.

But if playing back or normal depth, I don't think it's quite as important. By the time the WR and DB are up to full speed, I think it would be the SPD ratings that really help keep the defender close (as well as MCV and AWR).

ACC means more with blitzes, but usually I don't see my CBs having too much an issue getting off the ball or getting up to full speed. If I had slower DBs like guys with 85-88 SPD, then I'd probably see it more, but I try to avoid those if I can. If I have to use them then they better have high AWR (like Samari Rolle). Otherwise, give me the 95 SPD guy who is meh in coverage as a nickle/dime back and I'll just send him on overloads and such.

Typically, I don't blitz the safties too much, and if I do, it's usually the SS on the zone blitz out of Nickle or above (Dime/Dollar). As such the FS is back there playing centerfield and with fast corners, they usually cover for each other in zone. The TE can be problematic if he floods, but if not, that's where the good ZCV LBs with speed can come in, though if it's a Gates type - it's still a pain.

If I'm playing a base 3-4/4-3, I don't blitz the safties. I'll do the Fox Blitz somtimes which sends the corner with the LB taking mid buzz and SS taking deep zone. (I usually do the strong side Fox blitz, sometimes, I'll flip it to go weak side)

That's why I like ZCV on my defenders a lot

If I'm man blitzing, then I'm counting on the blitz getting home more than anything else. Or I'm run blitzing with basic coverage on WR in case of play action or it's a straight pass. If the blitz doesn't get there, then I'm probably going to give up something - which is why I don't too much like man coverage anyway heh.

Last edited by KBLover; 11-28-2009 at 05:42 PM. Reason: Got my FS and SS mixed up! :)
Old 11-29-2009, 12:44 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBLover
Honestly, I don't know what AGI does, or how it impacts the players. I can't remember saying, "wow, that guy has bad AGI" when watching the game. So perhaps I'm under-estimating it's importance. For ACC - if I play press coverage a lot, I could see it because you need a better jump, especially if the WR releases or beats the jam.

But if playing back or normal depth, I don't think it's quite as important. By the time the WR and DB are up to full speed, I think it would be the SPD ratings that really help keep the defender close (as well as MCV and AWR).

ACC means more with blitzes, but usually I don't see my CBs having too much an issue getting off the ball or getting up to full speed. If I had slower DBs like guys with 85-88 SPD, then I'd probably see it more, but I try to avoid those if I can. If I have to use them then they better have high AWR (like Samari Rolle). Otherwise, give me the 95 SPD guy who is meh in coverage as a nickle/dime back and I'll just send him on overloads and such.

Typically, I don't blitz the safties too much, and if I do, it's usually the SS on the zone blitz out of Nickle or above (Dime/Dollar). As such the FS is back there playing centerfield and with fast corners, they usually cover for each other in zone. The TE can be problematic if he floods, but if not, that's where the good ZCV LBs with speed can come in, though if it's a Gates type - it's still a pain.

If I'm playing a base 3-4/4-3, I don't blitz the safties. I'll do the Fox Blitz somtimes which sends the corner with the LB taking mid buzz and SS taking deep zone. (I usually do the strong side Fox blitz, sometimes, I'll flip it to go weak side)

That's why I like ZCV on my defenders a lot

If I'm man blitzing, then I'm counting on the blitz getting home more than anything else. Or I'm run blitzing with basic coverage on WR in case of play action or it's a straight pass. If the blitz doesn't get there, then I'm probably going to give up something - which is why I don't too much like man coverage anyway heh.
Very good information! I appreciate you clarifying. How do other folks feel about the impact of AGI and ACC on how CBs play in Madden (as opposed to ZCV and MCV ratings)? It is confusing to me, since they appear to be overlapping ratings (again, assuming the ratings even matter). One would think a CB could not survive in man coverage without elite AGI and ACC, though, a CB could have elite AGI and ACC but not be good in man coverage. Does the game engine really process such differences?
Old 11-29-2009, 01:32 PM   #11
Banned

OVR: 17

I really cant answer this question, to my knowledge most of the ratings in Madden dont mean a single thing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-29-2009, 01:51 PM   #12
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlennN
Very good information! I appreciate you clarifying. How do other folks feel about the impact of AGI and ACC on how CBs play in Madden (as opposed to ZCV and MCV ratings)? It is confusing to me, since they appear to be overlapping ratings (again, assuming the ratings even matter). One would think a CB could not survive in man coverage without elite AGI and ACC, though, a CB could have elite AGI and ACC but not be good in man coverage. Does the game engine really process such differences?

My guess (again assuming the ratings do/well be patched to do anything) is that AGI would matter with changing directions on cuts. Like if the WR is running straight upfield, but then makes a good cut ot the inside, AGI would impact how well the CB changes direction.

Meanwhile the MCV rating would allow him to be more successful batting down the ball, etc. So a guy with good AGI but bad MCV wouldn't make many plays on the ball (deflections, reaching, etc), but he'll be all over the WR and might take him away that way (i.e. the QB reads it as a bad risk and looks elsewhere).

We've seen guys in the real game that have been all over the WR but the ball still gets in there because he's late with the swat or isn't in the best position to make the play - those things could be impacted by MCV.
Old 11-29-2009, 07:55 PM   #13
Banned

I think Agility would be much more visible if running animations were more realistic. In Madden 04 running backs ran closer to the ground (making cuts looked real), in Madden 10 running backs run with a metal rod in their backs. Madden 04's running animations help show agility, not madden 10's.
Old 11-29-2009, 08:28 PM   #14
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

Yeah, good point.

No cuts/body leans - no way to display agility very well.
Old 11-29-2009, 10:50 PM   #15
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBLover
Yeah, good point.

No cuts/body leans - no way to display agility very well.
Thanks man, the agility rating is there it just isnt visible. to the people who dont understand me, look at any madden 04 video and you might be able to piece a puzzle together.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »