Home

Fantasy Draft advice

This is a discussion on Fantasy Draft advice within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-28-2009, 01:38 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 9
Fantasy Draft advice

I'm planning on doing a Franchise with a fantasy draft tomorrow and was wanting some input on fantasy draft players. Do you always take the best player available? Or do you draft by need. Also, who do you pick first offensive or defensive? I usually try to get all of my linemen in the first 10 rounds. You can pick up Calvin Johnson in round 3 and Chris Johnson late in the draft. I like to build a good oline because I love to run the ball.

thanks, Jon
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-28-2009, 08:11 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: Fantasy Draft advice

get Calvin Johnson in the second round or third. You can build your offense around him.

U like o-line so try and get rookie players like Jason smith, Andre smith, Micheal oher. I will suggest these player because they have good run blocking ratings..

In addition you can get really good young corners Darius butler, sean smith, vonta Davis, Micheal Jenkins, there all rookies they have good coverage ratings.

Also you can get young rookie linebackers Arron maybin you can use him as linebacker if you want , Larry English, James laurinitas, brain orakpo, also you can get Shawn merriman around the 9-11 round he is a beast he has 99 power move and 90 finesse move.

you can get the top 3 inside linebackers in the 10th round so don't rush for them.

You can all these player in the later round.

Last edited by vaibhavp3; 11-28-2009 at 08:18 AM.
Old 11-28-2009, 04:05 PM   #3
Pro

Thanks for the advice. I usually grab Steve Hutchinson with my first pick for my LG. You can grab a good QB like Carson Palmer in the 12th or 13th round. You can pick up Chris Johnson or Willie Parker late in the draft tomorrow. I'll do my draft either tomorrow or Monday and post my results.
Old 11-28-2009, 06:23 PM   #4
Rookie

yh i suggest you get Steve hutchinson because you need a good guard because in the running game if your offensive line can pull good when running the ball, thats a a good running team. guards are one of the most important players in a running team you have to get a good LG & RG.

so get Steve in the first round and get another RG in the second round if you want a running team.

in addition Carson Palmer will be the best QB in the league after dew years of progression he will have every major QB category in the 90's.

also try picking up Chris Johnson he is young, fast, explosive, he will progress to be the best running back in the nfl.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigshow63
Hey Vai, just wanted to say great sliders. I've tried them all and these seem to play the best of any of them out there.
Old 11-28-2009, 08:32 PM   #5
Rookie

Good Luck. My favourite Oline player right now is Ryan Clady, wicked blocks.

Let's GO Riders!
Let's GO Raptors!
Let's GO Broncos!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-28-2009, 11:09 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 1

I would go to gamefaq and look at all the different players there. They have a list of all the potentials and I think they have a fantasy draft order guide there too.
Old 11-28-2009, 11:14 PM   #7
Pro

Yeah that wouldn't be a bad idea to take Huchinson in round 1, RG in round 2, pick up a great center in round 7 or 8. Maybe add a Jake Long in there too and you have a great line. Like I said before, I can get Chris Johnson in the teens. Carson Palmer always go lates. Sometimes when I do drafts I have a great draft going and I forget to take a certain position like QB and then I am screwed and am forced to start over. We'll see how this one goes.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »