Home

People seriously need to learn how to adapt their gameplans!

This is a discussion on People seriously need to learn how to adapt their gameplans! within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
F1 2021 Review - One for the Ages
EA Sports PGA TOUR to Include Brand New Swing Mechanics, Three Click Swing Returns
FIFA 22 Gameplay: Breaking Down the Latest Details
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 11-28-2009, 07:26 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
People seriously need to learn how to adapt their gameplans!

I have owned Madden 10 on 360 since launch, but with all of the great games coming out since then I haven't played much. I would like to consider myself a decent online madden player.

Something I have noticed since I started playing online again this week is I have been seeing more and more players that can't adjust their gameplan if they are stopped. 3 different times this week this happened to me.

The first one was playing as the Steelers. I normally take my D linemen and play as him, but if I see a player trying to exploit something in the game I switch to my middle linebacker. This guy kept throwing to his backs and tight ends in the middle. I moved to linebacker and stopped that happening and he quit eventually.

The second one who had like 200 wins and 50 losses did 3 plays. He was the Steelers and kept pitching the ball to Mendenhaul with his other RB lined up right beside him. Switching to linebacker stopped this.

He then moved on to screens. He would take Ben and run him diagonally to the back right side so the D would follow him and pass it to parker. Again calling the right coverage and taking the linebacker fixed this problem.

Then the last game I played last night was against someone using the Ravens. The only plays this person would run were WR screens and RB screens. Once I stopped that he quit.

Is anyone else seeing a large influx of people not being able to adjust their gameplans if they are stopped? It's really boring when you know 9/10 times you are going to get someone who obviously can't adapt and make adjustments on the fly.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-29-2009, 12:17 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: People seriously need to learn how to adapt their gameplans!

I have played a bunch of these guys and it does get annoying. Most of them get used to running the three plays they researched online at some Prima site. Unfortunately, they must be successful a lot of the time or else they would stop using the same damn plays and learn some new ****.

My favorite this week was a rocket catcher that tried to throw to Randy Moss on every single play. I was playing with San Diego and doubled moss with a 3-3-5 blitz package and he accused me of cheating after only two picks and dropped out of the game.

I'm in no way a completely unpredictable player. I just run my offense with a couple of concepts (slants, mesh, double move routes, and pitch runs). My defense is pretty predictable... if you are trying to abuse flats or run I go with a 4-4, otherwise I run the 3-3-5 or Dollar.

The biggest problem I see with most beginners is their inability to control their secondary or WRs in space. The game does a terrible job explaining what the R-stick does.
Old 11-29-2009, 12:41 AM   #3
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27

I think it's who's playing right now. A lot of sim style guys are on the sidelines waiting for a patch, or don't mess with online games except for franchise games vs other sim style gamers.

What you have left is kids, casual gamers and tourney guys that run 3-4 plays and honestly don't know how to play football. Once they realize you know how to stop their plays, they quit.
Old 11-29-2009, 04:35 AM   #4
Banned

dfos81's Arena

OVR: 16

Yeah, I'm done playing online for now.
I'm getting more enjoyment from my offline chise w/ adjusted sliders(tuned for a more defensive game)
I can actually see the cpu adjust to things and keep each game feeling different more so offline.
Online is so arcade like to me. I don't know if I'll ever play online on Madden 10 again.
Old 11-29-2009, 04:46 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 4

this is why i dont play online.
most players have a simple strategy of
- use a mobile qb and scramble on every play
-screens
-blitz

eventually i jus switch to a 3-3-5 or a 4-4 and start playing as the MLB or SS to do my own spying and boom,a quarter left and here comes "your opponent has been disconnected" or whatever

the worst one was this guy who jus choose to let the play clock expire and have a delay of game seeing if i would quit.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-29-2009, 11:32 AM   #6
Rookie

sportskid84's Arena

OVR: 8

This why I don't play online unless I'm playing my cousin or friend
Old 11-29-2009, 11:47 AM   #7
Rookie

alcoholicstepfather's Arena

OVR: 3

I have never once in my life played online, I just don't see the point in it. If I want to play somebody, I'll go over to there house and play them. I'm not a bad Madden player or anything, I just don't see the point of playing online. I think the only way I would play online is if I actually know the person. EA should really stop wasting their time time with online play now games and focus on franchise.
Old 11-29-2009, 11:48 AM   #8
Community Manager

Millennium's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_steve
I have played a bunch of these guys and it does get annoying. Most of them get used to running the three plays they researched online at some Prima site. Unfortunately, they must be successful a lot of the time or else they would stop using the same damn plays and learn some new ****.

My favorite this week was a rocket catcher that tried to throw to Randy Moss on every single play. I was playing with San Diego and doubled moss with a 3-3-5 blitz package and he accused me of cheating after only two picks and dropped out of the game.

I'm in no way a completely unpredictable player. I just run my offense with a couple of concepts (slants, mesh, double move routes, and pitch runs). My defense is pretty predictable... if you are trying to abuse flats or run I go with a 4-4, otherwise I run the 3-3-5 or Dollar.

The biggest problem I see with most beginners is their inability to control their secondary or WRs in space. The game does a terrible job explaining what the R-stick does.
Care to go more in depth into this. I am interested in what you mean by this.

My Twitter
My PARTNERED Twitch Channel!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »