Home

I want to know what's up with imported drafts

This is a discussion on I want to know what's up with imported drafts within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-27-2009, 04:23 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
I want to know what's up with imported drafts

More specifically, the ratings assigned to incoming rookies. They seem terribly arbitrary and they shift constantly based on factors that I still can't figure out. I've started several dynasties and uploaded the same 2009 draft class and had strangely different results. Any idea what the game logic is?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-27-2009, 09:13 AM   #2
MVP

ZoneKIller's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: I want to know what's up with imported drafts

Try editing their size.Height and weight.Ive hard that here b4 awhile back that it had something to do with size.I know for a fact if you drop Tim Tebow's weight down to 215 you get new faces to choose from.And he doesnt come in the draft with a Linemans neck anymore.
Old 11-27-2009, 09:59 AM   #3
Pro

OVR: 12

Height/weight does play a role, but even then it is random to a degree. As an example, I've uploaded the 2010 draft class many times and I've seen Colt McCoy be one of the worst QBs in the draft, and I've also seen him be the second best QB behind Sam Bradford. Speaking of Bradford, I drafted him in a recent franchise and he has gigantic, ripped arms. Seriously, his arms are almost as thick as his legs.
Old 11-27-2009, 10:40 AM   #4
Rookie

4solo's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dianwei32
Height/weight does play a role, but even then it is random to a degree. As an example, I've uploaded the 2010 draft class many times and I've seen Colt McCoy be one of the worst QBs in the draft, and I've also seen him be the second best QB behind Sam Bradford. Speaking of Bradford, I drafted him in a recent franchise and he has gigantic, ripped arms. Seriously, his arms are almost as thick as his legs.
Yea i drafted Bradford in my Ram chise and he does have these huge Hulk Hogan arms. I just thought he had a good off season workout. lol. Also i drafted Terrence Cody ( Bama 360 lb DT) and he looks like he's a slim and trim 270. I have smaller lineman that look bigger than him. I hate u can't edit their apperance.
Old 11-27-2009, 12:31 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 2

Yeah, the ratings of the guys in the class change every time you use them. I kind of like it personally so I can use the same one for multiple chises, but I can see why you would want it to be the same.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-30-2009, 02:04 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjd3221
Yeah, the ratings of the guys in the class change every time you use them. I kind of like it personally so I can use the same one for multiple chises, but I can see why you would want it to be the same.
I didn't say I wanted it to be the same (I don't), but I just want to know what the reasoning is. Furthermore, I don't see why imported drafts don't have busts and booms. It's pretty much straightforward down the line.
Old 11-30-2009, 03:13 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 2

Yeah, I don't know how it works. It might just be puely random. I would really like the gems and busts though.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »