Home

Old 11-29-2009, 07:42 PM   #9
Rangers Lead The Way!!!!

ABR173rd's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: 99 SPD not fast to me.. Why?

How do you access this slider? Is this for ps3 as well?
Old 11-29-2009, 08:15 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 17

It doesnt look that fast because every player in the game looks like they are skating on ice when they run. The legs every player need to be moving faster.
Old 11-30-2009, 12:25 AM   #11
Banned

bill2451's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poetique
The speed threshold doesn't slow players down though, so it should be irrelevant.

Although I guess the placebo effect could appear to make the player he created faster, he actually isn't. Players with speed ratings below the threshold are simply capable of running that (slower) speed.
um, thats not true

it stretches (or shrinks) out the speed difference at all ratings, not just ones below the threshold
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-30-2009, 06:05 AM   #12
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51

I don't know what else determines it, but I don't think it's just Speed. I picked up an Overall 67 ranked HB with 99 speed, with mid 90 accelleration / agility and he gets caught all the time from behind and doesn't feel all that fast overall. He should be faster than Felix Jones, but he's not. I honestly have no idea why unless they are taking their overall rating and somehow using it to nerf their individual ones.
Old 11-30-2009, 07:39 AM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdarez
I don't know what else determines it, but I don't think it's just Speed. I picked up an Overall 67 ranked HB with 99 speed, with mid 90 accelleration / agility and he gets caught all the time from behind and doesn't feel all that fast overall. He should be faster than Felix Jones, but he's not. I honestly have no idea why unless they are taking their overall rating and somehow using it to nerf their individual ones.
Trust me I've tested it ratings mean NOTHING! I've made 99 ovr wr and rb for testing and the speed thresh hold was on 0 and the still get caught from behind!?!?! Not only that but i made a cb with 65 speed vs my wr with 99 and he still stayed with him and he NEVER got burnt by my wr once!
Old 11-30-2009, 02:16 PM   #14
Banned

OVR: 8

Maybe its just me, but whats fun about creating a SUPER player (ie: 99 everything pertinent to his position)?
Old 11-30-2009, 03:12 PM   #15

SouthernBrick's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by ace0187420
Tomlinson is 5"10 and 221 lbs. Far from 170lbs. But the threshold just makes the gap bigger between speeds.
Ha. Darren Sproles isn't even 170lbs. The gap is not that far though from the guessed wieght of LT for Sproles.

Ha. LT, 170lbs. Had a good little lol on that one.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-30-2009, 05:32 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill2451
um, thats not true

it stretches (or shrinks) out the speed difference at all ratings, not just ones below the threshold
Actually, it is true.

Put the threshold on 99 and you'll notice that the players pretty much all run the same speed, with small differences due to acceleration and height.

Like I said, the threshold is just that, a threshold. At the point at which a players speed crosses the threshold, it is scaled, to the threshold. Since there is only a minimum speed and not a maximum speed threshold, it only speeds players up, it does not slow them down.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »