Home

Can We Have a Discipline Rating, Please?

This is a discussion on Can We Have a Discipline Rating, Please? within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
ESBC Roster - The Best We've Ever Seen in a Boxing Game?
PES 2021 Team Spirit Guide - Understand Chemistry on a New Level
MLB The Show 21 Diamond Dynasty Budget Beasts
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 11-30-2009, 11:36 AM   #9
MVP

OVR: 13
Re: Can We Have a Discipline Rating, Please?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exonerated
Uh penalties are not random . . . .

They are dictated by awareness.

Just thought you should know.

Frankly, as was posted above, I am not sure what Awareness rating does. If it works at all, as to OL, shouldn't it mean how well the OL picks up a stunt, a LB blitz, knows to take the most inside rusher on an overload, gets that key block on the second level, etc? I would not expect Awareness rating to necessarily mean the chance of a false start or a hold. Seems like two different skills/attributes to me (of course, as has been said many times, we don't need any additional ratings until the game recognizes the ones we already have).
Old 11-30-2009, 02:02 PM   #10
WAT

Mr. Franchise's Arena

OVR: 33

I thought I heard someone say all that awareness does is affect the way players recover fumbles. As in, if a player has a high awareness they can pick up a umble an run with it. As opposed to just falling on it.
Old 11-30-2009, 02:34 PM   #11
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Franchise
I thought I heard someone say all that awareness does is affect the way players recover fumbles. As in, if a player has a high awareness they can pick up a umble an run with it. As opposed to just falling on it.
That would be a good thing to use AWR for, but I hope that's not all it does.

If AWR impacts penalties - that's news to me. Even with penalties turned up to 100, I don't see Webb, my 40-something AWR CB commit more penalties. I would imagine he'd be a PI waiting to happen, or jumping offside when set him to blitz. Never saw him make any penalty mistakes.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-30-2009, 02:41 PM   #12
MVP

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glorious Arc
Awareness does this...From interview with Ian
Ian: Great question. In order to answer this best, I just did a full search in the code for the rating. Here are the areas in which AWR is used:

How quickly a defender can realize the ball is in the air to try and make a play
Chance to jump offsides or false start
Whether a defender tries to scoop-n-score or falls on a fumble in the correct situations
How quickly receivers get into “get open” mode after a route (and where they go)
Chance the WR recognizes the coverage & picks the “correct” option on an option route
How quickly OL can recognize and pick up new blitzing defenders
Chance for QB to predict a blitz and assign a hot route
When a QB will choose to tuck and run (scramble) if nothing is open
Chance a defender will try to strip the ball on a ballcarrier with bad carrying ratings
Chance a defender will attempt to get his hands up to tip a ball while engaged

There are quite a few more (mostly assigned to penalty chances), but this seemed like enough to give the general example of what it does. As you know, over the last few years we’ve added more ratings to handle the specific situations that occur most often – ratings like man coverage, zone coverage, press, release, etc. We did this so that we wouldn’t have one rating (like Awareness) that dictated so many aspects of gameplay.

http://www.gameshark.com/features/60...eloper-Q&A.htm

original post made in this thread http://www.operationsports.com/forum...ributes-5.html
Old 11-30-2009, 05:47 PM   #13
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

So, at least in theory, AWR is still a highly important rating if it can do all that.

Used to be THE most important rating if other skills are even similar.

I wonder what "get open mode" is, and what is a WR doing if he's not trying to "get open" (i.e. whatever the other mode WR are in).
Old 11-30-2009, 10:33 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 5

This is absolutely the truth. I played the Falcons in my last game. I am in my 2nd season of Franchise. I picked up an undrafted free agent before the season started. He is a WR with a 70's OVR rating. He his a 98 sp, high 90's in AG and ACC. He also is in the 60's for strength. He is a large WR. 6-3 well over 200 lbs. He has an 82 CTH rating as well. All his moves (ELU, Juke, etc) are great as well. He is a B potential.

His downfall is his AWR rating which is a 22 (yes, 22!)

I have him at number 2 on my depth chart. I picked a little higher rated rookie who doesn't have his speed but has some better attributes as my slot receiver.

Anyway, against the falcons I had 7 penalties called on me for 105 yards. That doesn't account for the two called back touchdowns I had, or the yardage my HB got on the plays we were penalized. Between the two of these rookie WR (who have a low AWR rating), they had a minimum of 4 of the penalties. In fact, I was losing to the Falcons and on the game winning drive they got me a TD called back as well as a couple of other great plays, and this was with 2 minutes to go. I finally scored on a Z Spot (I think it's called) play on 3rd and 26 from the 35 yardline.

I was pretty upset because the Falcons literally had 0 penalties for 0 yards. I was getting real mad at this particular reciever until I realized that it may have to do with his AWR rating.

I am going to continue to keep on eye on him.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »