Home

Madden NFL 10 2nd Title Update Details

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 10 2nd Title Update Details within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-01-2009, 10:26 AM   #97
Pro

brza37's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: Madden NFL 10 2nd Title Update Details

You're right roadman, it was not guaranteed that stadium specific sounds would be in a title patch. It was however guaranteed that they would be in the game. Seeing as this is most likely the final patch for M10 alot of people expected the lack of stadium specific sounds to be addressed.

People are allowed to discuss what made it into patch 2 as well as what did not make it into it whether it was promised for the initial game, patch 1 or patch 2 right? I mean title updates don't stand on their own they, are something that are added to a title so people should be allowed to discuss the entire title and the promises/expectations for the title when talking about the second update, right?

Now if someone were to complain about Wookie-Mode not being in the second patch then I'd agree with you and say Wookies have nothing to do with the topic and shouldn't be discussed in this thread. But we're not talking about Wookies we're talking about something that was planned but accidentally missing from the game and whether it was promised for a patch or not it is still relevant.
The moral of the story is Wookies are never not relevant.
Old 12-01-2009, 11:07 AM   #98
Rookie

OVR: 2

Anyone know if they fixed the glitch where it rains in the Dallas Cowboys Stadium when the roof is closed? I don't recall it being addressed in either patch.
Old 12-01-2009, 11:14 AM   #99
Banned

dfos81's Arena

OVR: 16

This update seems good to me. I like the draft info screen, simmed stats fixed, qb ridding the ball, replays, etc. Albeit these things shouldn't have been broken to begin with, but I can't complain about them fixing it.
So when do we think this update will come, this week? Next?
Old 12-01-2009, 11:15 AM   #100
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by brza37
You're right roadman, it was not guaranteed that stadium specific sounds would be in a title patch. It was however guaranteed that they would be in the game. Seeing as this is most likely the final patch for M10 alot of people expected the lack of stadium specific sounds to be addressed.

People are allowed to discuss what made it into patch 2 as well as what did not make it into it whether it was promised for the initial game, patch 1 or patch 2 right? I mean title updates don't stand on their own they, are something that are added to a title so people should be allowed to discuss the entire title and the promises/expectations for the title when talking about the second update, right?

Now if someone were to complain about Wookie-Mode not being in the second patch then I'd agree with you and say Wookies have nothing to do with the topic and shouldn't be discussed in this thread. But we're not talking about Wookies we're talking about something that was planned but accidentally missing from the game and whether it was promised for a patch or not it is still relevant.
The moral of the story is Wookies are never not relevant.
I'm only going on post #33 in this thread. Based on that post, I don't agree with what you are saying.

Last edited by roadman; 12-01-2009 at 12:22 PM.
Old 12-01-2009, 11:15 AM   #101
Rookie

Simp's Arena

OVR: 4

I hope all of you complaining about being "promised" things that weren't delivered enjoy receiving less and less updates prior to release of games and patches, because this is exactly what you are encouraging here. Why would the team want to release info on upcoming products when the community will only use it against them in the future?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-01-2009, 11:32 AM   #102
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simp
I hope all of you complaining about being "promised" things that weren't delivered enjoy receiving less and less updates prior to release of games and patches, because this is exactly what you are encouraging here. Why would the team want to release info on upcoming products when the community will only use it against them in the future?
Hey wait a second, isn't that how products and services are sold? A person states what their product can do and the consumer buys that based upon what it was stated to do and expects that benefit? So we can misrepresent the products we sell and it's all good without worrying about legal action? If that how it works, then apparently I'm working in the wrong damn business.

Seriously, I'm HIGHLY impressed with EA's job on the gameplay fixes. It looks like the team went all out to try to fix the issues. If they improve presentation and don't let these problems occur again, we'll have the best football game since NFL 2K5/Madden 05 when Madden 11 comes.
Old 12-01-2009, 11:35 AM   #103
All Star

DonkeyJote's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorBait06NC
The tribute stickers are a nice touch. But they are completely unnecessary. Especially if they carry on in multiple seasons.

Also wondering if the Browns brown pants will be in the game since the Seahawks got the green jerseys that they have worn ONCE.

And about the twitchy running, I think the first patch caused this. I dont remember this being there until after the first patch.

Overall though, the stat tuning is prob the biggest draw for me. And the tuning of CPU QBs releasing the ball to avoid the sack.

And stadium sounds? in Madden? Really not needed.
I hope they added the brown pants for cleveland (ironically, a few years ago everyone wanted the brown pants to be taken out of the game).

I hope they fix the Jags pants, though I doubt it. The stripe on the road pants in Madden is more teal, when it's more white in real life. Not a huge deal. Doesn't really hurt my enjoyment of the game, however. And they are in the first year of the new unis.
Old 12-01-2009, 11:41 AM   #104
Pro

brza37's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simp
Why would you want info on upcoming products that might not be correct?

Ok, I'm gonna stop cuz I don't wanna get banned. The issue wasn't even mine to begin with. I was just providing the statements that were asked for by the mod that someone else didn't provide.

I liked the interaction with the devs and find it a shame how some people berated them on the boards too. I don't understand why anyone has to get upset about it and why there can be no middle ground instead of having to be either pro or anti. What happened to constructive criticism? Thats what the interaction was all about.
Bottom line is its just a game and although not perfect it is still a very good one imo.
I will no longer discuss issues in this thread that are not specifically mentioned in this blog:
http://insideblog.easports.com/archi...e-details.aspx

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »