Home

Madden NFL 10 2nd Title Update Details

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 10 2nd Title Update Details within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-03-2009, 09:45 PM   #217
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: Madden NFL 10 2nd Title Update Details

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpdfrank
Grismosw, I go along with what your saying completely. I play Madden because I have no other NFL options, because when I did, i was playing 2k5. I do enjoy Madden, but what I can no longer figure out is why so many of us keep excusing EA for the short comings of this game, even though its been 20 yrs in the making. I do believe that waiting for these patches kind of takes the so called Wind Out of My Sails, seeing is that im in the mood now to play football, being that the season is in full swing. But in one month the playoffs start, and before you know the season is over.
It's because we were happy with the Sega Genesis offerings. I remember staying up all night long with the college buddies and repeating all the sayings of Madden. He'll remember that number, boom, etc....... Life was much simpler when Madden first came out. We didn't fuss about a LB covering the flats, wr/db interraction, QB pocket forming, etc.... Our group of friends didn't care, all we wanted to do was have fun and have bragging rights.

As the years have grown by, people are expecting more realism with newer technology. There's nothing wrong with that, either.

Times changes, technology changes.

Will this trend continue for the next 20 years or will the industry go back to the simpler life?
Old 12-03-2009, 09:53 PM   #218
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelernation28
Don't bother dude. They're going to whine regardless. They enjoy it too much.
Exactly. No matter what happens they are going to complain. Same cast of characters every year.
Old 12-03-2009, 10:07 PM   #219
Pro

michapop9's Arena

OVR: 9

I know everyones tired of exclusivity, Maddens ok but we need more choices. This may not do too much but its worth a try, 115 people have already left there signature and thoughts on why they want the exclusive license to go away, it doesnt hurt to try so go there and sign!

http://www.petitiononline.com/mod_pe...n.cgi?xclusive
Old 12-03-2009, 10:34 PM   #220

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

I can't believe that hasn't been done before.
Old 12-03-2009, 11:54 PM   #221
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
Exactly. No matter what happens they are going to complain. Same cast of characters every year.
Wrong. I play MLB the show, and its not perfect, but i have no complaints about it because the necessary steps have been taken to make it one hell of a baseball game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-04-2009, 12:47 AM   #222
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms24forever
The present. I am just not a spoiled kid who wants everything now. EA does not have to do anything once they have our money. It's that simple.
So why are they bothering to patch the game? To be nice?

Businesses typically aren't in the business of be nice for the sake of doing so.

I'm willing to bet they are doing so just for what another person said, to try to improve the satisfaction of the Madden players so that those who are unsatisfied will become moreso and those that are will be OMGLOLWUT happy with the game and come next year, the game will be met with even more warm anticipation.

There's nothing "spoiled" about wanting an update that could very well improve the gameplay experience, especially when the developers say they are making one.

No one is talking about a perfect game. The definition of such would be difficult to come to a consensus to anyway, even if it were possible to achieve in a single year.

What people are talking about is wanting a game with fewer glitches, exploits, and problems.

I don't see what's "spoiled" or otherwise unreasonable about that.
Old 12-04-2009, 06:53 AM   #223
Rookie

OVR: 4

The patch is out for PS3, it's 182MB. To be honest I don't see much difference, passes to the flats which were supposed to see a big improvement in coverage don't seem any different.
Old 12-04-2009, 07:46 AM   #224
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
Got that right. Just wish most of them would do what they say and not buy the game the following year.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »