Home

Old 12-01-2009, 10:17 AM   #9
Support Sim

BroMontana82's Arena

OVR: 52
Re: How to fix the twitchy running

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayAllen20
I have finally fixed the most frustrating part of gameplay for me. The twitchy running on long runs. All you have to do is lower your fatigue a lot. I lowered it to 50, and I rarely see it now but I did a couple times. So my best guess would be to put it at 35.

Then all you have to do is raise your auto-sub sliders if you want more subs.
good fix but i like the effect fatigue has on ratings and gameplay. i guess this is an unfortunate trade-off.
Old 12-01-2009, 10:43 AM   #10
Banned

OVR: 12

Quote:
I have finally fixed the most frustrating part of gameplay for me. The twitchy running on long runs. All you have to do is lower your fatigue a lot. I lowered it to 50, and I rarely see it now but I did a couple times. So my best guess would be to put it at 35.

That's not a good solution for me. I don't want to reduce the effects of fatigue to get rid the hitch step on longs runs. Hopefully this problem is solved in a patch; hopefully this was a temporary fix to the horrible pursuit angles( the game shouldn't shipped like that in the first place) and not a permenant one.

Why does there always have to be some sort of dilemma ? I can rid of this, but I'll have to put up with that.
Old 12-01-2009, 10:48 AM   #11
Banned

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outkizast
I don't like that it's twitchy.. but I personally LOVE the fact that players get more tired now and it actually slows them down... It drastically cuts back on all the long TDs.... It makes the game light-years better in my opinion. Gives the defense another chance to stop a score.. I think it makes the game way more realistic...
How does that make the game more realistic ? I'm sorry, slowing a player down by making him take a hitch step, instead of making the defenders take the proper pursuit angles to prevent longs gains is not realistic at all.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-01-2009, 11:10 AM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 3

I have no problem with a player slowing down due to being tired. I do think it's realistic, gives some importance to the stamina attribute, and makes depth on your roster finally mean something more than the off chance of a big injury.

How it was implemented is ridiculous. There's no excuse for just freezing a portion of the animation rather than slowing down the animation itself.

I changed my auto-sub settings to something like 75 out 80 in, or maybe even 80/85, in my Vikes franchise and very rarely see it anymore. I like seeing C.Taylor get some carries too.
Old 12-01-2009, 11:19 AM   #13
Banned

dfos81's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
I have finally fixed the most frustrating part of gameplay for me. The twitchy running on long runs. All you have to do is lower your fatigue a lot. I lowered it to 50.
50 is default
Sounds to me like an issue b/c guys are tweaking sliders too much.
Old 12-01-2009, 11:40 AM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 3

I saw it a lot on the default 50 setting. Raising my auto sub settings above the default cleared it up (mostly, still see it once in awhile, but *MUCH* less frequently)
Old 12-01-2009, 01:13 PM   #15
MVP

OVR: 15

Once again, another feature in Madden that was a great idea but poorly implemented.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »