Home

Old 11-30-2009, 05:40 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 36
How to fix the twitchy running

I have finally fixed the most frustrating part of gameplay for me. The twitchy running on long runs. All you have to do is lower your fatigue a lot. I lowered it to 50, and I rarely see it now but I did a couple times. So my best guess would be to put it at 35.

Then all you have to do is raise your auto-sub sliders if you want more subs.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-30-2009, 06:37 PM   #2
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51
Re: How to fix the twitchy running

So it's just because the players are tired then? I thought it might have been that because i usually noticed it later in the game and not at the onset of it. Seems weird that it alters the animation like that though.

To be honest, there are a lot of 'freeze' scenarios though. How many times have you seen an HB freeze 3 yards away from a defender as he waits for the defender to catch up so the ProTak animation can fire?
Old 11-30-2009, 10:01 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdarez
So it's just because the players are tired then? I thought it might have been that because i usually noticed it later in the game and not at the onset of it. Seems weird that it alters the animation like that though.

To be honest, there are a lot of 'freeze' scenarios though. How many times have you seen an HB freeze 3 yards away from a defender as he waits for the defender to catch up so the ProTak animation can fire?

I accidentally came across this and I believe it is supposed to be progressive fatigue. Poorly implemented tho. IDK on the animation freeze thing. That seems to be in every video game tho.
Old 11-30-2009, 11:50 PM   #4
MVP

Outkizast's Arena

OVR: 12

I don't like that it's twitchy.. but I personally LOVE the fact that players get more tired now and it actually slows them down... It drastically cuts back on all the long TDs.... It makes the game light-years better in my opinion. Gives the defense another chance to stop a score.. I think it makes the game way more realistic...
Old 11-30-2009, 11:56 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outkizast
I don't like that it's twitchy.. but I personally LOVE the fact that players get more tired now and it actually slows them down... It drastically cuts back on all the long TDs.... It makes the game light-years better in my opinion. Gives the defense another chance to stop a score.. I think it makes the game way more realistic...
How it was implemented is why people are so sore about it. If you use the default cam you will see it move in and out like its trying to hump the player because of the twitch animation.

Also, the fact that I have only seen it happen when my player is gonna be 10+ yards away from the defense on a break away and not when its a foot face. And the defense doesnt seem to have it happen to them...And to top it all off, my player is still in the next down with green fatigue(that was on the opening kick off my RB with 87 speed broke one tackle and had no one near 20 yards at the 50 yard line he started the twitch run and was tackled at the 20. He was still fresh afterward and scored on that drive)

Its just like the animation where if Vick comes back in the game with a sprained ankle he looks like he can barely walk but he still outruns players with 80+ speed...Great idea for hurt animations but come on...Someone who is attempting to run like that would have 50 speed not 80+

Last edited by Glorious Arc; 11-30-2009 at 11:58 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-30-2009, 11:56 PM   #6
Hard Times.

Bellsprout's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outkizast
Strongly disagree. Chris Johnson had an 85 yard TD run yesterday. That doesn't happen anymore in Madden because the guy gets all twitchy and someone catches him. Players in this league, running backs especially, can run 100 yards without getting tired.
A lot of you guys seem pretty cool, but you have wieners.
Old 12-01-2009, 12:06 AM   #7
MVP

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeAreAllWitnesses
Strongly disagree. Chris Johnson had an 85 yard TD run yesterday. That doesn't happen anymore in Madden because the guy gets all twitchy and someone catches him. Players in this league, running backs especially, can run 100 yards without getting tired.
I disagree, I cant name players who can play in a game and then come in on a down and run full speed for 70+ yards. Most players I watch, slow down some after they break away.(how else would you explain players like Ben Watson chasing down Bailey to stop a td, This is the exception and there are a few plays were someone runs the entire field no problem but Bailey in this video was obviously tired and Watson who is a good deal slower was able to catch him) Madden defense can catch up because they arent effected by it.

Last edited by Glorious Arc; 12-01-2009 at 12:15 AM.
Old 12-01-2009, 10:07 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glorious Arc
I disagree, I cant name players who can play in a game and then come in on a down and run full speed for 70+ yards. Most players I watch, slow down some after they break away.(how else would you explain players like Ben Watson chasing down Bailey to stop a td, This is the exception and there are a few plays were someone runs the entire field no problem but Bailey in this video was obviously tired and Watson who is a good deal slower was able to catch him) Madden defense can catch up because they arent effected by it.
I think that video was more him thinking he had it sold and easing up a bit, he wasnt even holding the ball properly by the time watson caught up to him and the other pursuers had given up. he could have stayed on the gas and got there but as far as he could see there was no-one near him so he slowed down. Coach shoulda bitched him out too, running hard all the time is something they emphasize in HS, college and pro orgs ....

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »