Home

Play clock glitch?

This is a discussion on Play clock glitch? within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 12-02-2009, 02:23 PM   #17
Banned

OVR: 3
Re: Play clock glitch?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
There is a glitch at the end of each half where the clock doesn't always stop properly when it should, but the rest of the game the clock runs exactly how it should.

You do realize the clock doesn't always stay stopped until the next snap when players go out of bounds right?
dam no wonder
im to in the gm
to actually notice that ****
when are they going to fix it
Old 12-02-2009, 02:59 PM   #18
Rookie

Victor Fox's Arena

OVR: 6

Huh, you learn something new every day. I never noticed the out of bounds thing in the NFL, but now i'll keep an eye out for it. Still, let's not have this thread devolve into a "when is patch (title update) #2 coming out."
Old 12-03-2009, 01:26 AM   #19
Pro

OVR: 8

Yes i was talking about the game clock, but that's cool, the rule does surprise me though
Old 12-03-2009, 01:38 AM   #20
Pro

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilsEve666
Let me preface this thread by saying first, i did search the forums for "play clock glitch" threads, and nothing came back.

But i can't be the only one noticing that sometimes when a player goes out of bounds, the play clock just keeps on running. I mean this really is ridiculous...I really haven't been paying attention to how often this happens, i just noticed it obviously on this play. Then i noticed on another play where i obviously went out of bounds, the play clock stopped but then started once i selected my next play...Does this happen every single time, and i just haven't been noticing it or what? This is unacceptable, how can something like this be overlooked?
This thread is just another example of why the developers have such trouble listening to the fans. Half the time the fans don't even know the rule that they are complaining about.
Old 12-03-2009, 07:58 AM   #21

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by bang911
This thread is just another example of why the developers have such trouble listening to the fans. Half the time the fans don't even know the rule that they are complaining about.
You're being generous.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-04-2009, 08:21 AM   #22
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilsEve666
Yes i was talking about the game clock, but that's cool, the rule does surprise me though
You're not going crazy. It wasn't always like that. The clock used to stop every time the ball went out of bounds. They had to change it because of television coverage. Because of all the extra time to put in all the commercials they wanted, (and also because of instant replay challenges) they found that many games were running way too long, and it was an attempt to have most games still finish within three hours.

If you are ever at a game in person you may notice both teams huddled up and ready to go and just standing around waiting for no good reason before the ref finally blows his whistle to start play. In many cases he is simply waiting for television to get back from a set of commercials.

I like the rule because it forces teams that are way behind to manage the clock better knowing that in the fourth quarter the clock won't completely stop when they run out of bounds until the game is under 5 minutes.
Old 12-08-2009, 06:50 PM   #23
Banned

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bang911
lmao
ye the rookies dont know
i hate when i lose to ppl like you that dont
even know the ins and outs of the game
and basic knowledge of the sport

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »