Home

Does IR work properly now?

This is a discussion on Does IR work properly now? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-30-2009, 07:46 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Icon5 Does IR work properly now?

I got the game when it was first released but have been unable to play it again until now. I know last time i played it, Injured Reserve didn't work right.

Any word on if its fixed now?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-30-2009, 11:44 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: Does IR work properly now?

????
Old 12-01-2009, 02:12 AM   #3
Pro

OVR: 7

i dont think it is
Old 12-01-2009, 03:41 AM   #4
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

IR won't work properly until the way Madden handles rosters is fundamentally changed. Right now it's a hard cap at 55 players (53 default roster + 1 CAP + 1 NFL Superstar mode player), presumably due to A) memory reasons, or B) just an archaic holdover from previous-generation consoles that has yet to be changed.

I think a change in the roster limit will coincide with a significant improvement in franchise mode (i.e. preseason minicamps, roster cutdowns, etc.)
Old 12-01-2009, 08:46 AM   #5
MVP

no it doesnt, its broke for player. i dont know if its working for cpu. it was broke in old head coach and prior maddens iirc, not sure about pc versions.

it does work very nicely in 2k5 though, at the end of the season ending up with lots on the roster offers lots of trade opportunites
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-01-2009, 11:34 AM   #6
MVP

OVR: 18

It amazes me, it worked on Head Coach 09, yet they still didn't fix it in Madden.
Old 12-01-2009, 11:38 AM   #7
Rookie

nosaints26's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krioniq
IR won't work properly until the way Madden handles rosters is fundamentally changed. Right now it's a hard cap at 55 players (53 default roster + 1 CAP + 1 NFL Superstar mode player), presumably due to A) memory reasons, or B) just an archaic holdover from previous-generation consoles that has yet to be changed.

I think a change in the roster limit will coincide with a significant improvement in franchise mode (i.e. preseason minicamps, roster cutdowns, etc.)
I doubt they'd ever do that...it would just require more effort to add more players and then write an acceptable logic for CPU teams to sign and cut players at the deadlines. Not to mention writing code for some sort of actual training camp that's fun and replayable every season to make having more than 55 players during preseason worth something. Just seems outside of their realm, unfortunately, but that would be cool. Hopefully they surprise me.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »