Home
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-03-2009, 06:24 AM   #9
Pro
 
AC IS ART's Arena
 
OVR: 15
Join Date: May 2008
Location: DMV
Re: QB option?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exonerated
Because they saw Vince Young back in August
That shouldn't matter.

It was in Madden 08(Falcons & Titans playbook) but was removed after that because people abused it online.
AC IS ART is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 09:43 AM   #10
Rookie
 
OVR: 3
Join Date: Oct 2009
Re: QB option?

not in the game as a traditional option play, but at least there is a pretty decent work around in the zone read wildcat play. the only bad thing about it is that the dolphins playbook is the only one that has it, if im not mistaken. my biggest pet peeve is the abscense of custom playbooks, but more importantly custom hot routes
drolouis is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 04:11 AM   #11
All Star
 
DonkeyJote's Arena
 
OVR: 19
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Bremerton, WA
Posts: 7,302
Re: QB option?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC IS ART
That shouldn't matter.

It was in Madden 08(Falcons & Titans playbook) but was removed after that because people abused it online.
It also might be because the play was not a part of either team's offense last season or going into this season. Do you really want to see Kerry Collins running this play? I don't. And he was the starting Qb at the beginning of this season for the Titans. And if it was in the playbook, eventually, you'd see the cpu try this one.
DonkeyJote is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-20-2009, 03:56 PM   #12
Pro
 
AC IS ART's Arena
 
OVR: 15
Join Date: May 2008
Location: DMV
Re: QB option?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonkeyJote
It also might be because the play was not a part of either team's offense last season or going into this season. Do you really want to see Kerry Collins running this play? I don't. And he was the starting Qb at the beginning of this season for the Titans. And if it was in the playbook, eventually, you'd see the cpu try this one.
Been away for a while..

But again, why should that matter? Its not like Fisher removed those plays from their playbook because Collins took over... And we shouldn't even have to worry about Collins running it because teams were supposed to "reevaluate themselves constantly" via Adaptive A.I. They could have even made the option plays a subpackage/formation if it was that big of a deal where only VY could use them. Option plays shouldn't have been removed as long as Vince Young was on the roster. Period.

Last edited by AC IS ART; 12-20-2009 at 03:58 PM.
AC IS ART is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 01:27 AM   #13
All Star
 
DonkeyJote's Arena
 
OVR: 19
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Bremerton, WA
Posts: 7,302
Re: QB option?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC IS ART
Been away for a while..

But again, why should that matter? Its not like Fisher removed those plays from their playbook because Collins took over... And we shouldn't even have to worry about Collins running it because teams were supposed to "reevaluate themselves constantly" via Adaptive A.I. They could have even made the option plays a subpackage/formation if it was that big of a deal where only VY could use them. Option plays shouldn't have been removed as long as Vince Young was on the roster. Period.
I'll bet you the Titans didn't use the option in training camp at all. I could be wrong, somebody who watched their preseason games would have to tell me. I'd bet, however, that it was something they re-installed when VY regained the starting job. So yeah, in an essence, he probably did take it out, and then put it back in.

Lets be honest. If Collins had produced, and VY had never gained his job back (which most people assumed would've happened before the season), we wouldn't be having this conversation. Because no one would care. If someone posted this very thread and VY hadn't ran the play all year, most of us would tell that person that they haven't ran the play in two years, and that it probably shouldn't be in there. Should the Broncos still have a 4-3 because they ran it in last year, and most the same players are still there?

The Titans didn't run the play last year. You can't start demanding that these guys put in plays from more than two years ago. If they didn't run the play last year, then I can not fault their reasoning in leaving it out. If it had been a situation where VY hadn't played because of injury, and was expected to get his job back and they'd run this play again, that'd be different. But if you had polled people before the season and asked if they thought the Titans would run that option at all this year, I bet you'd get 75-85% saying no.
DonkeyJote is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 12:51 PM   #14
Pro
 
AC IS ART's Arena
 
OVR: 15
Join Date: May 2008
Location: DMV
Re: QB option?

Alot of hypothesizing, all of its moot. At the end of the day its not in Madden. Fact is, its been removed for almost 3 years now, not just from the Titans but Madden period. People abused it online. It was removed. Period.

Nolan runs 3-4 & 4-3 so yeah, I would have hoped Denver had atleast one sub package of the 4-3 in their playbook...Then again I'm still waiting for the WR Reverse in the Skins playbook...
AC IS ART is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 01:58 PM   #15
Rookie
 
OVR: 3
Join Date: Aug 2009
Re: QB option?

This is still stupid though, because I've noticed that they have revised some of the playbook since the beginning of the year, and it should be in the game as its a kickass play, the option I mean, and it should be in the game. I wish the Titans would run it in real life again though, because I haven't seen them run it since the game against the Texans.
__________________
Teams:
CIS: U of S Huskies
NFL: Vikings, Titans
Cfl: Lions,Bombers
CJFL: Saskatoon Hilltops
NCAA: Boise State Broncos, Florida Gators.
golionsgo is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:36 AM.

Top -