Home

Old 12-01-2009, 11:42 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
QB option?

I was trying to find a play that matches the play Vince Young and Chris Johnson run in real life..when VY runs to the side and has the option to give to CJ...is this play in this game? I see run plays when the direction of where the HB goes is usually orange but theres several when the directional arrow is red...whats this mean? and how would I option to the hb in this game
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-02-2009, 02:49 AM   #2
Rookie

murdamann10's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: QB option?

From what I've seen there are no QB options in 10, there are the qb choice, where you hold x to give it to the rb or tap x for the qb to keep the ball. gotta go back and play 08 to have the qb option in ATL's playbook.
Old 12-02-2009, 03:05 PM   #3
Rookie

Victor Fox's Arena

OVR: 6

You can run an Option Pass, but it's kind of a work-around. When playing as the Titans (or anyone with a scrambler), call a screen pass, and roll VY in the direction of the pulled o-line. There should be enough blockers to either run the ball, or pass it downfield. It usually works out pretty well for me, online or off.
Old 12-02-2009, 04:10 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 3

u have to use the wildcat zone read play out the doolphins playbook. when the ball is hiked the rb can take the outside and most times will have a option to pitch to the other rb. u have to press the lateral button. i have did it plenty of times b4. just make sure u dont lateral everytime or when u are in too much traffic because it is a improved chance or fumble. this play is not meant to be ruan this way, so sometimes it works better than others. you can sub vince for the primary rb in this play to create the play you are looking for. i suggest u try it out in practice b4 u take it in a real game. it not easy to get down, but its not that hard
Old 12-02-2009, 04:45 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by drolouis
u have to use the wildcat zone read play out the doolphins playbook. when the ball is hiked the rb can take the outside and most times will have a option to pitch to the other rb. u have to press the lateral button. i have did it plenty of times b4. just make sure u dont lateral everytime or when u are in too much traffic because it is a improved chance or fumble. this play is not meant to be ruan this way, so sometimes it works better than others. you can sub vince for the primary rb in this play to create the play you are looking for. i suggest u try it out in practice b4 u take it in a real game. it not easy to get down, but its not that hard
my little brother pulls this out against me. its a pretty good play

but in my experience this and all wildcat plays are shut down by a heavy run blitz.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-02-2009, 06:00 PM   #6
Pro

OVR: 50

Nope, EA forgot all about the spread option mostly because it wasn't used enough just like trick plays in the NFL,
Please Unban me!!!!!!! I promise I won't troll anymore!!!!!!
Football Highlights
Football Pictures
Old 12-02-2009, 08:38 PM   #7
Best in the World

BDKiiing's Arena

OVR: 23
If you see it on sunday its in the game?...
Old 12-03-2009, 02:32 AM   #8
All Star

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdolski
If you see it on sunday its in the game?...
Because they saw Vince Young back in August

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »