Home

Is playcalling in Superstar mode stupid or something?

This is a discussion on Is playcalling in Superstar mode stupid or something? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-03-2009, 12:43 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
Is playcalling in Superstar mode stupid or something?

Created a running back that's 72 OVR, got drafted by the Jets but I wanted to be on the Chiefs because starting on them with my running back would make sense instead of starting ahead of Thomas Jones and Leon Washington as my running back is rated better then anything Kansas City has.

Get 200+ yard against Baltimore in the first game, get another 100+ yards against the Eagles with 3 rushing TD's and 1 receiving TD. Face the Giants, up 21-7, on a 3rd and 1, simply hand it off and I get the 1st down and we keep the drive alive, instead they go with play action and noone gets open and it's an imcomplete pass by Cassel.

Giants end up tying it up at 21-21 and we go to overtime, Giants get the ball but the Chiefs defense stands strong and we get the ball back on the halfway line. They throw on first down, incomplete, throw on second down, gain 15 yards. We're in range, just need to run it now.

I ended up with a 119 yards on 19 carries averaging 6.2 yards per carry. So it should of been simple enough, run it at them and get in better field goal position.

That would be too easy for this game so instead of simply running the ball and getting better field goal position, they try play action again. This time however, Cassel's pass gets interecepted by Webster and a few players later, Brandon Jacobs runs 65 yards for a TD and wins the game.

Is the playcalling really stupid in superstar mode that when you have a running back averaging 6.2 yard per carry that you would rather use them as a decoy and throw the ball, when the risk of losing it is much greater?

And why go for play action on a 3rd and 1 when I was capable of getting the 1st down and winning the game?

And I haven't fumbled the ball once.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-03-2009, 07:05 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Is playcalling in Superstar mode stupid or something?

I think its supposed to be out of your hands in superstar. I never played it in this years version but all the past versions seemed pretty random calls. I think I was the bears running back once and they ran play action almost every play even though it wasnt working out for us. I dont know maybe thats supposed to be the fun yet frustrating part of playing superstar.
Old 12-03-2009, 07:09 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2

Can't you just audible to something better?
Old 12-03-2009, 08:09 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 8

Sounds like Jason Garrett is your coordinator.
Old 12-03-2009, 08:55 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by koberulz
Can't you just audible to something better?
you can only audible when your the qb
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »