Home

Question about roster depth/backups

This is a discussion on Question about roster depth/backups within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-02-2009, 05:24 PM   #1
Rookie

crenk's Arena

OVR: 4
Question about roster depth/backups

So I am playing franchise with New England in my receiving core I have both Julian Edelman and Isaiah Stanbeck. They were QB's in college and both have serviceable QB ratings in madden 10. So why behind Brady and his backup are the punter and kicker listed as 3rd and 4th string, with no way of putting either receiver in as qb? Anybody know how to work around this?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-02-2009, 05:51 PM   #2
All Star

DonkeyJote's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: Question about roster depth/backups

They don't want people to be able to cheese by putting rb's and wr's at QB and running all day with them. My suggestion would be to run Wildcat with them if you want to go that route.
Old 12-02-2009, 05:55 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonkeyJote
They don't want people to be able to cheese by putting rb's and wr's at QB and running all day with them. My suggestion would be to run Wildcat with them if you want to go that route.
That's exactly it I'm sure many veterans have nightmares about these for words.

Michael Vick, Online, Madden 2004
Please Unban me!!!!!!! I promise I won't troll anymore!!!!!!
Football Highlights
Football Pictures
Old 12-03-2009, 01:26 AM   #4
Banned

OVR: 13

I get what guys are saying about these WRs or RBs at QB, but seriously I thought that the "stretched ratings" would take care of that. I mean that guy from Seattle actually played WR while serving as the backup QB and I actually would love to see my opponent trying this version of "cheese" because it turns into a sack fest and pick party for my D.

Maybe lock them out for online ranked games, but in franchise mode online or off there should be a setting to allow any player to be in any Depth Chart spot at any position.

I would do it just as my 3rd QB, I hardly ever run the wildcat, barely scramble for yards (I will try to move to buy time to throw), and I will run the backup QB in one formation like once every 6 games for a play or two.

I mean teams in the NFL actually list guys that are no longer QBs as their emergency QB on game day so why can't we in essence do the same?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »