Home

What to do with roster in Chiefs franchise

This is a discussion on What to do with roster in Chiefs franchise within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
ESBC Roster - The Best We've Ever Seen in a Boxing Game?
PES 2021 Team Spirit Guide - Understand Chemistry on a New Level
MLB The Show 21 Diamond Dynasty Budget Beasts
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 12-09-2009, 02:44 PM   #17
MVP

TeamBuilder's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: What to do with roster in Chiefs franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by SalemChief
Excellent stuff, jerseymadden. Great read; good luck in your current online season.

In my offline franchise, the Chiefs are going to the Super Bowl!!!

After a 14-2 season, the Chiefs edge the Titans in a pass-fest, 34-27. In the AFC Championship game at Arrowhead, Matt Cassel finally got the NE monkey off his back in a 36-17 drubbing of the Patriots, in which Tom Brady threw 2 interceptions and was sacked 5 times. Tyson Jackson had 2 sacks, DT Kelly Gregg had 1, and NFL rookie of the year WLB Alonzo Darby had two and one INT.

Superbowl XLVI: Chiefs versus Packers--a rematch of the first Super Bowl, 46 years prior. Outstanding!!!

I'm actually nervous--first time I've had that feeling playing Madden in years...
Nice! Love that you beat the Patriots! They must not have had enough illegal video of your team...

Old 12-09-2009, 06:05 PM   #18
Pro

OVR: 7

Yeah it good see people build around the Cheifs I need a good solid starting back Charles isnt a full time back, I figured I trade off Vrabel,and Dorsey next year for picks beyond that I try and keep it as close as they do in real life you know. Hope you grab a qb in a late round to..
Old 12-09-2009, 07:47 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 2

I am starting my 2nd season now. Signed Edgerrin James during the 1st one and didn't move anything else. Frustrated with the 3-4, I changed it to a 4-3 (Ten playbook) as it is the one I'm best at. Got the Jack English class, so I drafted well
Spoiler
and after letting most of the team go into FA, got Wake, Tulloch and garbage really. Flipped Dorsey to Cincinnati for Michael Johnson and got Manny Lawson from San Fran so they can be my ends. Tyson Jackson to the middle and signed Soliai with him. Got reeeeally mad I couldn't pick
Spoiler
, 1 pick before mine, lol, so I drafted
Spoiler

Hopefully in the 2010 season I can win a few games and maybe snatch a Wildcard. Charles and James are my feature backs and I'm throwing Vick into the Pistol and Wildcat package, see how it works.

I'm happy that I've built my foundation at least and will go on there.

Not reality fully, but I love Manny Lawson at LE which is why I always go 3-4, lol.

EDIT: Ahh yeah, got Bruce Johnson too to be CB2. As a U of Miami fan, can't let him slip by

Last edited by glitch3d; 12-09-2009 at 07:50 PM.
Old 12-09-2009, 11:57 PM   #20
Rookie

slimdagreat's Arena

OVR: 2

Here's what my strategies have been in using KC in different franchises.

1. You are going to have a terrible record in season 1, probably somewhere around 3-13. Use that top pick on a LT, and move Albert either to RT or RG.

2. Upgrade Safeties as soon as you can. Mike Brown is decent at SS with the updates, but he shouldn't be starting.

3. I like to stick with charles at Rb even before LJ got cut. What I usually do is draft or sign somebody in the 78-84 range and use a 2 headed monster.

4. Build around Cassel for at least the first 4 years. He's not great, but he's not horrible, and if you can get some good WRs he'll progress pretty nicely and have some good seasons.

5. Seriously consider getting rid of Dorsey. in a couple of years his cap number is like $9,000,000, and he's never really that productive, so I'd say if you can cut ties after a season or two do it before he puts you in the poor house.

6. Fire Todd Haley

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »