Home

Should QB Have a Tackle Rating Thread

This is a discussion on Should QB Have a Tackle Rating Thread within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
ESBC Roster - The Best We've Ever Seen in a Boxing Game?
PES 2021 Team Spirit Guide - Understand Chemistry on a New Level
MLB The Show 21 Diamond Dynasty Budget Beasts
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)
View Poll Results: Should Player Overall Be Based on The Player Poition Ratings.
Yes 9 60.00%
No 6 40.00%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-03-2009, 02:28 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 9
Should QB Have a Tackle Rating Thread

in madden i see QB like Peyton manning have tackle ratings, tell me any QB who has practiced tackling drills.

same for CB, why do they have QB accuracy and trow power like there going to play QB.this goes for mostly all positions.

so what's your opinion on this do you think a player overall rating be based on the player's position rating or how it is right know.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigshow63
Hey Vai, just wanted to say great sliders. I've tried them all and these seem to play the best of any of them out there.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-03-2009, 02:36 PM   #2
Left side, strong side

C the Lyte's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: Should QB Have a Tackle Rating Thread

Ever see a QB throw a pick and then tackle the interceptor? Happens often. i guess DE's shouldn't have ball carrier ratings because they NEVER pick up fumbles and run with the ball, right? This stuff happens in football, therefore, all positions need all ratings in Madden.
Old 12-03-2009, 02:38 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 6

as far as I'm aware they already are. take a CB and change his throw accuracy/power from 20 or whatever to 99. His overall doesnt change.

And they are needed in case something comes up that uses the rating. If it doesnt exist in the game, then something will break. put a cb in as a WR. then run a wildcat where the WR throws the ball. Throw an int with a QB, then try to make a tackle with the QB. If a rating doesnt exist then the odds cant be calculated.
Old 12-03-2009, 02:41 PM   #4
All Star

DonkeyJote's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaibhavp3
in madden i see QB like Peyton manning have tackle ratings, tell me any QB who has practiced tackling drills.

same for CB, why do they have QB accuracy and trow power like there going to play QB.this goes for mostly all positions.

so what's your opinion on this do you think a player overall rating be based on the player's position rating or how it is right know.
I don't think changing Peyton's tackle rating is going to affect his overall.

Some QB's are better at tackling than other. They do practice it, though not as intensely, obviously, as defensive players. And not all CB's throw equally well. But the throw ratings don't affect their overall. The only things that affect overall ratings are positional ratings relevant to the position they play. So it's already the way you want, so the poll is pointless.
Old 12-03-2009, 04:09 PM   #5
Pro

jacory12's Arena

OVR: 12

No, because I think that if it's higher, the QB overall should be lower because that probably means that he throws more picks!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-03-2009, 04:17 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 13

It currently does not impact the QB's OVR so why mess with it and potentially cause new issues - the ratings for QB tackle are so low that it is really unimportant.

I mean actually all player's should have all attributes and some number attached to them, if for no other reason than to facilitate position changes - even to off the wall positions for testing stuff.

Not too mention guys like Woody Dantzler who was a college QB converted to safety - he is no longer playing in the league but there have been others who have moved around for various reasons - I mean I seem to vaguely remember a LB attempting a FG recently (maybe last season) due to injury, so all players need all attributes!
Old 12-03-2009, 04:17 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 12

How is it right now?

I thought the overall rating came from athletic, AWR, and positional ratings.

BTW all players SHOULD have ALL ratings and a number attached to them. I think when viewing the player is should show the positional ratings in a more predominate way but I still want to be able to see ALL the ratings.

What if I want to make a lineman a TE?

Last edited by stux; 12-03-2009 at 04:20 PM.
Old 12-03-2009, 04:22 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 13

Right now position impacts to a degree what attributes affect the OVR and how much, but they need to reduce the impact of some "physical" attributes (SPD AGI ACC JMP STR)and really jack up the impact (based on position) for the position specific ones (IE TAS, TAM, TAD, CIT, SPC, RR, and so on)!!

Pretty much you could change a QB's TKL rating to 99 and it has pretty much zero effect on his rating OVR!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »