Home

#1 RB/WR subbed out every 4th quarter

This is a discussion on #1 RB/WR subbed out every 4th quarter within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-03-2009, 03:15 PM   #1
Rookie

Qrashman's Arena

OVR: 4
#1 RB/WR subbed out every 4th quarter

I'm not sure why this is happening, but in every game I've played Chris Johnson and Justin Gage are taken out of the game to start the 4th quarter. Doesn't matter if I'm up 30 or 3, or down 30 or 3. And there's nothing I can do to put them back in the game. They are still #1 on the depth chart, and if I try to do a manual sub in the formation they are not even available to be put back in. Same goes for my starting TE.

Any ideas?

Last edited by Qrashman; 12-03-2009 at 03:21 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-03-2009, 03:22 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: #1 RB/WR subbed out every 4th quarter

Sub in setting is too high. They can't get enough energy to get above the sub in threshold so they never come back into the game.
Old 12-03-2009, 03:26 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBLover
Sub in setting is too high. They can't get enough energy to get above the sub in threshold so they never come back into the game.
where can you go to see a players energy levels anyway?
Old 12-03-2009, 03:29 PM   #4
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by maademperor
I don't think there's a place to view the exact quantified amount of energy a player has. Obviously you can get a good idea of how much he has based on the color of his icon in the playcall screen, however.
Old 12-03-2009, 03:30 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by maademperor

You don't as numbers (as far as I know), but you can tell by the color of their circle (if they are in the game) when you're picking a formation.

I believe it goes form Dark Green, Light Green, Light Orange, Dark Orange, Red, Dark Red, White.

Around 70-75% energy is Dark Orange/Red (estimated by the fact my sub-out/sub-in for RB is 71/75). Once they start getting White, they are really, really low.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-03-2009, 03:30 PM   #6
Rookie

Qrashman's Arena

Quote:
Sub setting is at default, but I find this hard to believe anyway. In the game I'm playing now, White had 8 carries and Johnson 16 going into the 4th quarter. If Johnson just needed to rest, I'm sure he could sit out half the quarter and easily be at 100% energy and play the end of the 4th, but I still can't put him in. And why would a WR ever get really low energy every game.
Old 12-03-2009, 03:34 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qrashman
Sub setting is at default, but I find this hard to believe anyway. In the game I'm playing now, White had 8 carries and Johnson 16 going into the 4th quarter. If Johnson just needed to rest, I'm sure he could sit out half the quarter and easily be at 100% energy and play the end of the 4th, but I still can't put him in. And why would a WR ever get really low energy every game.
Progressive fatigue.

As the game goes on, players recover to a lower max and evidently have a lower recovery rate as well. I've seen the same thing, guys that go out early in the 4th (or even the 3rd) and never come back despite never playing another snap.

Try lowering the sub in to 70 and see if it happens again. I've never had the problem once I got off of 80 (the default sub in). My fatigue setting is 65 (higher than default) and I still don't "lose" guys in the 4th.
Old 12-03-2009, 04:07 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
You don't as numbers (as far as I know), but you can tell by the color of their circle (if they are in the game) when you're picking a formation.

I believe it goes form Dark Green, Light Green, Light Orange, Dark Orange, Red, Dark Red, White.

Around 70-75% energy is Dark Orange/Red (estimated by the fact my sub-out/sub-in for RB is 71/75). Once they start getting White, they are really, really low.
I'm aware of the colors on the play call screen, but since I've seen this reason for this phenomenom before I figured I'd ask if there is a means of determining the exact "energy" a player has...

pretty poorly implemented "feature" if you ask me (if this is progressive fatigue that is). seems like it should give you the ability to rest a player through the game to avoid this but with no way to see where a player stands as far as his energy is concerned then you kinda get shafted.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »