Home

Madden Draft Class Database

This is a discussion on Madden Draft Class Database within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-03-2009, 06:04 PM   #1
Rookie

Tylerazevedo's Arena

OVR: 2
Madden Draft Class Database

I wrote a program to extract all the info from

http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/xbox...e/958701/57545

and put it into a database so i could search the players I'm drafting easily.

The problem is that it's only the top few guys from each position in each draft. Also, right now there are no ratings and stuff, just the players name/position/potential/class that they come out.

Would anyone be interested in being able to log in to a site and update the info so we can have a completely searchable database of all the ratings, all the players, all the potentials for all 32 draft classes?

It would take about a day for me to finish the site. And however long it takes for us to put the info in would depend on how many people wanted to help.

Of course, all the info would be public. Just the editing of the info would require a login (which I will provide).

Also, I'm not going to do this unless there is substantial support, cuz what I've got now works quite nicely
}
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-03-2009, 06:06 PM   #2
MVP

hitstreak13's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Madden Draft Class Database

Well done man Nice find. I didn't even know that was at gamefaqs.
Old 12-03-2009, 06:11 PM   #3
Rookie

Tylerazevedo's Arena

I must add that the real benefit of us doing this would be to get a peak into how Madden overall ratings are calculated.

I wrote a program that can learn (a neural network for those who care), and i would simply need data to train the network. I don't have time to actually put in all the data.

Basically:

when you draft a ROLB that is a 72 overall, why is he a 90 overall DE? It's pretty obvious why, but I'm talking about being able to figure out exactly what his ratings need to be to make him a 90 overall DE.

The beauty of this is that you would be able to enter any player's ratings on the site, then select a position and it will tell you what his Overall rating would be.

I know there will be some people who say stuff like "ohhhh it's more fun to just guess when you're drafting" and/or "it's better to not switch players positions". Well I say, it's more fun to go 17-0 for 10 straight years in a completely simulated franchise then export the best teams you create and play them against each other.
}
Old 12-03-2009, 06:12 PM   #4
MVP

TeamBuilder's Arena

OVR: 15

I've used this before, love it. My two favorite drafts are Cooper Reno and Kris Steven-Baker.
Old 12-03-2009, 06:16 PM   #5
Rookie

Tylerazevedo's Arena

Yeah, I'd also like to be able to use the database to be able to figure out which draft class is best for any position.

Basically, you would pick a the draft name of the class for the season your in and be able to see which position is strongest that year and which position is weakest. Then you can make trades/cuts accordingly.

I know you can just look at the link I posted and scroll and figure it all out. But I'm lazy (since that is the first requirement to becoming a developer) and I want the computer to do all the work for me.
}
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-03-2009, 06:27 PM   #6
MVP

TeamBuilder's Arena

My gameplan is to stockpile picks for the first draft (Cooper Reno) because everyone I want is in the first 3 rounds.

The second draft (Kris Steven-Baker) I can make all my selections from the 2nd to 7th round.

Here is my gameplan...

Cooper Reno Draft

QB- Darius Pryor (2nd)
FB- J.R. Meyers (3rd)
WR- Jamelle Lucas (2nd)
TE- Karron Cousins (1st)
LG- Trae Harris (3rd)
C- Travis Adams (3rd)
MLB- Dexter Foley (2nd)
ROLB- Wendell Tarver (2nd)
ROLB- Domisa Bomani (1st)
SS- J.J. Collins (1st)

Kris Steven-Baker Draft

TE- Darius Davis (7th)
LG- Mike Franklin (5th)
C- Charles McGriffin (6th)
RG- Anderson Copper (4th)
RT- Kameel Adams (4th)
LE- Vonteego Cross (2nd)
LOLB- Keron Drovin (4th)
MLB- Jahmar Sweeley (3rd)
CB- Quan Henry (2nd) * Complete lockdown corner (favorite rookie)
SS- Moe Biggers (Undrafted) So I draft him in the 7th.
Old 12-03-2009, 06:28 PM   #7
MVP

TeamBuilder's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tylerazevedo
I must add that the real benefit of us doing this would be to get a peak into how Madden overall ratings are calculated.

I wrote a program that can learn (a neural network for those who care), and i would simply need data to train the network. I don't have time to actually put in all the data.

Basically:

when you draft a ROLB that is a 72 overall, why is he a 90 overall DE? It's pretty obvious why, but I'm talking about being able to figure out exactly what his ratings need to be to make him a 90 overall DE.

The beauty of this is that you would be able to enter any player's ratings on the site, then select a position and it will tell you what his Overall rating would be.

I know there will be some people who say stuff like "ohhhh it's more fun to just guess when you're drafting" and/or "it's better to not switch players positions". Well I say, it's more fun to go 17-0 for 10 straight years in a completely simulated franchise then export the best teams you create and play them against each other.

Exactly what my cousin and I do.
Old 12-03-2009, 06:36 PM   #8
Rookie

Tylerazevedo's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamBuilder
My gameplan is to stockpile picks for the first draft (Cooper Reno) because everyone I want is in the first 3 rounds.

The second draft (Kris Steven-Baker) I can make all my selections from the 2nd to 7th round.

Here is my gameplan...

Cooper Reno Draft

QB- Darius Pryor (2nd)
FB- J.R. Meyers (3rd)
WR- Jamelle Lucas (2nd)
TE- Karron Cousins (1st)
LG- Trae Harris (3rd)
C- Travis Adams (3rd)
MLB- Dexter Foley (2nd)
ROLB- Wendell Tarver (2nd)
ROLB- Domisa Bomani (1st)
SS- J.J. Collins (1st)

Kris Steven-Baker Draft

TE- Darius Davis (7th)
LG- Mike Franklin (5th)
C- Charles McGriffin (6th)
RG- Anderson Copper (4th)
RT- Kameel Adams (4th)
LE- Vonteego Cross (2nd)
LOLB- Keron Drovin (4th)
MLB- Jahmar Sweeley (3rd)
CB- Quan Henry (2nd) * Complete lockdown corner (favorite rookie)
SS- Moe Biggers (Undrafted) So I draft him in the 7th.

Vonteego is a BEAST!!! I love that guy! And Quan is the best CB in all drafts IMO. 99 speed and a freaking stud in every category. And I always draft Moe Biggers...just sucks that hes 24 and I have to dump him after his 7 year contract is up (30 is too old for me except at QB)
}

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »