Home

Madden NFL 10 Patch #2 Available, Impressions Here (PS3)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 10 Patch #2 Available, Impressions Here (PS3) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-04-2009, 04:49 AM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Problems w/ Patch 2 ALREADY...

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoFear
One LAST stats post before I go to sleep...

This time I just simmed to the second season of the Chise I just started.

Chris Johnson, Turner & Peterson all had a 2K+ rushing season.YPC were a bit more realistic this time around (No 7 YPC rushers, although there were 5 that had atleast 6 YPC)

Seems like every season atleast 3 rushers will have over 2,000 rushing yards....

Personally, I'd much rather have the old stats before the patch than this garbage.Either do it right or don't do it at all.

Hopefully a 3rd patch exclusively for stat tuning can be released in January...
Old 12-04-2009, 04:50 AM   #34
All Star

LionsFanNJ's Arena

OVR: 29

Its already common knowledge the HB stats would be off. Increasing the YPC for the backups does the same for the starters. Nothing he could do about it. I'll live with high RB totals. AT LEAST THEY SCORE TDS NOW.
Old 12-04-2009, 04:51 AM   #35
Rookie

OVR: 5

What would be the point of waiting for ANOTHER patch?? It would come out in probably March.. lol.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-04-2009, 04:52 AM   #36
Rookie

lilgame06's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: PATCH IS OUT

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilgame06
things ive been able to notice so far

- seahawks lime green jerseys are in as well as their blue pants now being the default for home jerseys
- eagles have the Jim Johnson tribute sticker on their helmet
-draft history for each player (so far, ive only noticed real nfl players...havent gone into my franchise yet)
-replays seem to be longer. i was able to view an entire kickoff return...pursuit angles that the kicking team took though we're rather questionable. maybe i can post the video later and see what yall think

thats it so far, ill see what else i notice before i go to sleep
ok, along with this stuff, i've noticed the following to this point:

- of the three offensive tds scored so far in the game im playing...(one for 5 yds, one for 27 yds, and one for 59 yds) only one was replayed and it was the 27 yd pass. i also had a long play from my fullback replayed. so only 2 replays in 2 quarters of play to this point

-flat coverage...i noticed the CBs in cover 2 flat coverage still slightly rub off of the recievers but dont seem to drop back very far with the reciever. they seem to be discipline enough to stay in the flat area for the most part. ive only seen two instances where a pass was thrown that way and the defenders made plays on the ball pretty well. both times they recognized the ball was headed their way and ran toward the reciever. once ended in a swat, the other ended in a tackle.

- i was able to get the quarterback twice without having to dive toward him before he could throw.

- they also added just a tad bit more time of post play so cutscenes finish out alot smoother.

- just got a interception return for a touchdown off of a duck pass from cpu...i was able to instant replay from the snap of the ball, all the way til my guy finishes his taunt in the end zone after running about 70 yds

Last edited by lilgame06; 12-04-2009 at 05:00 AM.
Old 12-04-2009, 04:59 AM   #37
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xpider
Hopefully a 3rd patch exclusively for stat tuning can be released in January...
Great, maybe this time Adrian Peterson & Turner will finish every season with atleast 3,000 yards and 30 TDs...oh and maybe 10 YPC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionsFanNJ
Its already common knowledge the HB stats would be off. Increasing the YPC for the backups does the same for the starters. Nothing he could do about it. I'll live with high RB totals. AT LEAST THEY SCORE TDS NOW.
Being a Lions fan, you must have to live optimistically. I tend to be more realistic though, and this is a joke.

Honestly don't see how it's common knowledge the stats would be off. The point of the PATCH is to make things better, more realistic...they just went in a whole other direction, instead of not enough yards and TDs they went for WAY too many yards and TDs.
Old 12-04-2009, 05:09 AM   #38
All Star

LionsFanNJ's Arena

OVR: 29

Search for Looman's thread about tuning franchise stats. Thats all i'm going to say to you.
Old 12-04-2009, 05:10 AM   #39
Rookie

OVR: 2

Every time EA releases a patch to correct something, they tend to over do it. It's not on purpose, it just seems to happen.

Just have to learn to live with the over exaggerated rushing totals after the patch, seriously doubt there will be a third patch.

Like the saying goes: Beware what you wish for
Old 12-04-2009, 05:11 AM   #40
LORDTHUNDERBIRD

Pappy Knuckles's Arena

OVR: 46
Re: Patch Impressions

I don't care about how the stats look in your franchise mode. Tell me how the patch has affected the gameplay. What differences do you notice?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »