Home

Madden NFL 10 Patch #2 Available, Impressions Here (PS3)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 10 Patch #2 Available, Impressions Here (PS3) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-04-2009, 05:18 AM   #41
All Star

LionsFanNJ's Arena

OVR: 29
Re: Patch Impressions

Well I haven't played a full game yet, but so far i've seen a few new missed tackle animations (on my team sadly) where the back jukes and the defender falls and reaches out for the back as he passes, only being able to get a hand on him. Also, i tried a few swing passes and noticed at the snap the backer hauled towards the flats. My back got the ball, but he was tackled right away. I've been meaningto notice if cover 2 the CB's stay closer or not, but i keep forgetting.

haven't made any good pressure yet, (i am the lions after all) so i can't say either way about the QB holding the ball or not. But its late here on the east coast so i'll play more tomorrow to see if i notice anything.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-04-2009, 05:45 AM   #42
Rookie

OVR: 2

I just saw this animation first time EVERY. Maybe it's been in the game sine the beginning and I just haven't noticed, or they tweaked it with patch#2:

My RB (franchise rookie LeMarcus Taylor, who is a BEAST btw) ran for a 9 yard gain between the tackle. Pro-Tak came into play and about 2 LBs and a DB or 2 came in for the tackle. My RB was able to stay on his feet while being pushed backwards for a couple yards, and then the refs blow the play dead without a single player on the ground. That is just what I've been looking for in the gameplay, realistic and it shows what a stud this rookie RB is... and I drafted him in the 5th round
Old 12-04-2009, 05:45 AM   #43
Rookie

lilgame06's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Madden NFL 10 Patch #2 Available, Impressions Here (PS3)

i can't say after playing two games that there are huge differences. the most noticeable to anybody should be the way cover 2 is played. the cornerbacks in the flats slightly push off the wide reciever but remain in their designated zone. before this patch, they would bump the reciever about 5 yards back and not play up on their designated zone.

after playing against this a few times, i can tell it'll be much easier to eat up cover 2 now.

besides that i cant say i notice any huge gameplay altercations. the cpu is still throwing out of the sack a little too much to my liking. and the cpu qb is still moves perfectly throughout its own pocket to avoid defenders and the defenders dont come off the block in time to sack the qb before he throws.

replays are definetly longer so we can now fully view kick returns, punt returns, and long interception or fumble returns. there is slightly more time in post play to allow cut scenes to finish out, replays still don't seem very constant. i got a few so far but seems like the same few i woulda gotten before. that's about it. ill post if i notice anything more gameplay wise. im gonna play one more quick game and head to bed
Old 12-04-2009, 05:46 AM   #44
Rookie

lilgame06's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xpider
I just saw this animation first time EVERY. Maybe it's been in the game sine the beginning and I just haven't noticed, or they tweaked it with patch#2:

My RB (franchise rookie LeMarcus Taylor, who is a BEAST btw) ran for a 9 yard gain between the tackle. Pro-Tak came into play and about 2 LBs and a DB or 2 came in for the tackle. My RB was able to stay on his feet while being pushed backwards for a couple yards, and then the refs blow the play dead without a single player on the ground. That is just what I've been looking for in the gameplay, realistic and it shows what a stud this rookie RB is... and I drafted him in the 5th round
yea this animation has been around...i've seen it a few times. its more common among power backs who are hard to take down
Old 12-04-2009, 05:49 AM   #45
Rookie

is it just me or does the game seem like it is playing smoother and faster??? and ive broken a couple long plays and the stutter was nowhere to be seen!! i dunno.. i wish they would come out and tell us everything that they tweaked on the patch!! we all know for a fact that there was more done to it than they have stated in the blogs or whatever
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-04-2009, 06:17 AM   #46
Banned

OVR: 36
i think 360 only updates tuesdays
Old 12-04-2009, 06:31 AM   #47
Pro

OVR: 11

cool that the patch is finally out. not cool that I have a 360 haha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweeg
In all of the pre release CCM news people like Looman kept saying, "You might see a guy like Kurt Warner come out of retirement. Anything can happen."

He should have said "You will see Kurt Warner come out of retirement. That's about it."
Old 12-04-2009, 06:39 AM   #48
MVP

FunkDockta27's Arena

OVR: 17

I got Adrian Peterson figured out!

I simmed one just for fun, he had 2,695 yds and 26 TD rushing 7.7 a carry....

But If you take out his 307 yd game against Detroits weak defense, the 369 yds against St. Louis' pretty weak D, and the 239 against Detroit the 2nd time...he has pretty normal numbers, so....he's just destroying the teams with crappy defenses...12 of his TDs came in those 3 games lol. Poor crappy teams!

BUT...IMO, that explains why he had such a huge year that first season.

Turner did the same but on a slightly lesser stage.
he had more 200+ yd games, but none over 300 like AP.

Put up 265 on Tampa, 252 on Philly, 231 on Buffalo, 242 on Carolina...the only odd one but even then NE's D isn't what it used to be, was the 254 on New England...but I mean, Tampa's D is hurting, to a point Philly's come down to earth this year, NE got old, Delhomme helps the opposing offense come back on the field what with all his INTs lol, and well....not much good can be said for Buffalo either...so as far as I can see, while the RBs were tweaked, theyre only having huge days on the less than stellar defenses. So, I'm taking solace in that, and getting back on my Madden more now

Happy Maddenizing guys...enjoy your patches

FIFA12 PS3
St Pats 44 pts; 2nd place

NCAA14 PS3
Career W-L: 50-39
NoTex 2013 CUSA Champs

Last edited by FunkDockta27; 12-04-2009 at 06:48 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »