Home

Madden NFL 10 Patch #2 Available, Impressions Here (PS3)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 10 Patch #2 Available, Impressions Here (PS3) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-04-2009, 06:55 AM   #49
Banned

OVR: 3
Icon5 Re: Madden NFL 10 Patch #2 Available, Impressions Here (PS3)

Downloaded and played a game. Only one game but this is what I noticed. Pursuit angles are questionable, not completely fixed but better than pre patch #2. Oline and dline still completely f**ked [ one of the biggest problems with Madden as I see it( opens up "cheating" for the cpu and also ruins gameplay for sim players)]. Tackling seems better and more realistic. Did anyone notice this one handed catching all the time? (Looks like when the reciever catches the ball it immediatly sticks to his hand). Ball morphing seems way better along with player morphing but they will still morph right through refs. All and all the game is a tad better but that is based off 1 game. My final thought is that if you liked the game b4 your gonna love it now and if you hated it then ur still Sh*t outta luck cause this bandaid aint gonna change your mind. Goodluck to all of us huh!

BTW.... Game does seem to play smoother and faster. Also I got a unnessasary roughness for tackling out of bounds (wasn't a user controlled player, thought it was interesting)

Live weather is NOT fixed

Last edited by ChiefsRox10; 12-04-2009 at 07:09 AM. Reason: Added info.
Old 12-04-2009, 07:02 AM   #50
Pro

brza37's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: Madden NFL 10 Patch #2 Available, Impressions Here (PS3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FunkDockta27
...so as far as I can see, while the RBs were tweaked, theyre only having huge days on the less than stellar defenses. So, I'm taking solace in that, and getting back on my Madden more now
Thanks for the info but thats still a killer for me. Every year great RBs will play a few awful defenses. So the rushing stats are gonna be ruined either way. I personally would have been happier with the inflated passing stats than having 3 2000+ rushers per year And 27!! 1000+ rushers
This is really upsetting waiting this long for a patch and then getting this new 'bug' in stats.
Any chance that coaching philosophies or sliders could help this problem out? I probably won't have a chance to do any testing myself for at least another week.
Old 12-04-2009, 07:20 AM   #51
Pro

OVR: 10

Bah, I think I preferred the game pre patch 2 personally.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-04-2009, 07:47 AM   #52
MVP

stlstudios189's Arena

OVR: 41
are the Browns new brown pants in?
Old 12-04-2009, 08:17 AM   #53
Banned

OVR: 11

Stats: *sigh*
Old 12-04-2009, 08:18 AM   #54
Rookie

OVR: 3

Can somone please tell me if the tackles counting in game is fixed? Is there always one solo and one assisant now or is it still 2 assistants in a gang tackle? That is the main reason for the low tackles numbers the user always has in franchise...
Old 12-04-2009, 08:19 AM   #55
MVP

mm boost's Arena

OVR: 12

The kicker for me is 2 HUGE problems:

1) When you play as a team other than bengals/bears, do you still get those annoying *** non-team specific banners at the bottom about team history?

2) are kick returns still so easy I can get 2-3 a game???

The stats thing is not a big deal for rushing, on my madden chise 1st season, we didn't have ENOUGH rushing. My question for the people that is simming, do you think the sliders/difficulty adjustments have anything to do with the season stats? Has anyone tried setting the CPU rushing slider low and the simming the games?

The tackling was the huge problem for me moreso than anything, almost half way through season, there was so many people over 100 tackles by that point, so unrealistic. Did they fix the MLB-OLB tackles? Anyone confirm this? People keep on posting what you have noticed.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-04-2009, 08:20 AM   #56
MVP

mm boost's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapp99
Can somone please tell me if the tackles counting in game is fixed? Is there always one solo and one assisant now or is it still 2 assistants in a gang tackle? That is the main reason for the low tackles numbers the user always has in franchise...
Assisted*

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »