Home

Madden NFL 10 Patch #2 Available, Impressions Here (PS3)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 10 Patch #2 Available, Impressions Here (PS3) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-04-2009, 08:21 AM   #57
SimWorld Draft Class Guru

CWSapp757's Arena

OVR: 24
Re: Madden NFL 10 Patch #2 Available, Impressions Here (PS3)

Would anyone be willing to simulate like 10 years into a franchise and see if the outrageous RB stats apply for computer generated players also, or if it is just the big time real life guys. I know it won't mean much but it would be nice if the stats become normal once those guys are out of the league or their overall rating declines.
Old 12-04-2009, 08:22 AM   #58
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm boost
Assisted*
hehe, you are correct, my mistake
Old 12-04-2009, 08:24 AM   #59
Pro

NDIrish98's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by FunkDockta27
I got Adrian Peterson figured out!

I simmed one just for fun, he had 2,695 yds and 26 TD rushing 7.7 a carry....

But If you take out his 307 yd game against Detroits weak defense, the 369 yds against St. Louis' pretty weak D, and the 239 against Detroit the 2nd time...he has pretty normal numbers, so....he's just destroying the teams with crappy defenses...12 of his TDs came in those 3 games lol. Poor crappy teams!

BUT...IMO, that explains why he had such a huge year that first season.

Turner did the same but on a slightly lesser stage.
he had more 200+ yd games, but none over 300 like AP.

Put up 265 on Tampa, 252 on Philly, 231 on Buffalo, 242 on Carolina...the only odd one but even then NE's D isn't what it used to be, was the 254 on New England...but I mean, Tampa's D is hurting, to a point Philly's come down to earth this year, NE got old, Delhomme helps the opposing offense come back on the field what with all his INTs lol, and well....not much good can be said for Buffalo either...so as far as I can see, while the RBs were tweaked, theyre only having huge days on the less than stellar defenses. So, I'm taking solace in that, and getting back on my Madden more now

Happy Maddenizing guys...enjoy your patches
numbers are way too ridiculous. i dont care who the D is
Old 12-04-2009, 08:28 AM   #60
MVP

mm boost's Arena

OVR: 12

I have a theory that it has something to do with difficulty sliders, if the CPU rushing is turned up to make his game more difficult when he is playing games, then when its simmed, the cpu rushing is unstoppable. Someone try default all madden sliders and then turning cpu rushing down low, and then simming to see how it is. Or turn their defensive sliders up so they play better defense. I think there might be more to it than just simming it soon as you dl the patch.

Old 12-04-2009, 08:45 AM   #61
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40
Re: Patch Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xpider
I just saw this animation first time EVERY. Maybe it's been in the game sine the beginning and I just haven't noticed, or they tweaked it with patch#2:

My RB (franchise rookie LeMarcus Taylor, who is a BEAST btw) ran for a 9 yard gain between the tackle. Pro-Tak came into play and about 2 LBs and a DB or 2 came in for the tackle. My RB was able to stay on his feet while being pushed backwards for a couple yards, and then the refs blow the play dead without a single player on the ground. That is just what I've been looking for in the gameplay, realistic and it shows what a stud this rookie RB is... and I drafted him in the 5th round
Saw it a month ago. Nothing to do with patch 2.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-04-2009, 08:46 AM   #62
Rookie

Dolfanjoe's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm boost
I have a theory that it has something to do with difficulty sliders, if the CPU rushing is turned up to make his game more difficult when he is playing games, then when its simmed, the cpu rushing is unstoppable. Someone try default all madden sliders and then turning cpu rushing down low, and then simming to see how it is. Or turn their defensive sliders up so they play better defense. I think there might be more to it than just simming it soon as you dl the patch.
I have to agree with mm boost here, every time we get a new patch, there's going to be adjustments made accordingly to the sliders, to compensate for the changes. I also strongly believe, this is a BIG part of what's happening to the inflated RB's stats you guys are getting, IMHO.
Old 12-04-2009, 08:48 AM   #63
Banned

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlstudios189
are the Browns new brown pants in?
No. But they did get the Seahawks green jerseys in that they have worn a total of ONCE.

And the Jim Johnson and Steve McNair memorial decals being on the helmets after the first year is terrible.

EA just cannot get it together. Im simming a season now, im might absolutely lose it when i see these god awful RB numbers. Is this company serious??????
Old 12-04-2009, 08:49 AM   #64
MVP

icicle22's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolfanjoe
I have to agree with mm boost here, every time we get a new patch, there's going to be adjustments made accordingly to the sliders, to compensate for the changes. I also strongly believe, this is a BIG part of what's happening to the inflated RB's stats you guys are getting, IMHO.
Correct me if I am wrong but aren't all the inflated running back stats in "Simmed" games? The sliders only affect games that are actually played on the field, right? So what sliders would specifically affect simmed games?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »