Home

Madden NFL 10 Patch #2 Available, Impressions Here (PS3)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 10 Patch #2 Available, Impressions Here (PS3) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-04-2009, 08:52 AM   #65
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Madden NFL 10 Patch #2 Available, Impressions Here (PS3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolfanjoe
I have to agree with mm boost here, every time we get a new patch, there's going to be adjustments made accordingly to the sliders, to compensate for the changes. I also strongly believe, this is a BIG part of what's happening to the inflated RB's stats you guys are getting, IMHO.
As far as Im concerned, sliders have nothing to do with simmed stats. At least not prepatch. I changed my slider in very drastic way several times and the simmed stats did not seem to change.
Only way to reduce the rushing yards is through coaching philosophy sliders I think, but that would mean way more passing yards then, because its not the rushing attempts that seem to be wrong, but obviously the average (6 or 7+ yards for the best?!) is just out of the world.
I wonder why the average was chaanged anyway, I thought I read that Looman did not want to chagne them because he predicted just this developement in his thread about the sim stats. And if I remember correctly, most people wrote that it was better to have some good backups crawling around 3.5 avg than to have what we seem to have now.
Maybe I should reread the thread.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-04-2009, 08:55 AM   #66
Banned

OVR: 23

Not as mad as I thought I would be. Let me ease some people here:

I simmed a season in Franchise.

To my suprise only 12 rushers had over 1000 yards.
LEADER IN YARDS: LaDainian Tomlinson 1777
LEADER IN TDS: Chris Johnson 16

Peyton Manning was the only 4,000 yard passer and he led TDs with 38.

Shawn Merriman lead tackles with 122.
Old 12-04-2009, 08:56 AM   #67
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorBait06NC
Not as mad as I thought I would be. Let me ease some people here:

I simmed a season in Franchise.

To my suprise only 12 rushers had over 1000 yards.
LEADER IN YARDS: LaDainian Tomlinson 1777
LEADER IN TDS: Chris Johnson 16

Peyton Manning was the only 4,000 yard passer and he led TDs with 38.

Shawn Merriman lead tackles with 122.
That sound pretty good, sure you downloaded the patch?
Old 12-04-2009, 08:58 AM   #68
Rookie

Yeah i think the guy saying he did and got all those crazy numbers is just wrong.
Old 12-04-2009, 08:58 AM   #69
Rookie

Dolfanjoe's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by icicle22
Correct me if I am wrong but aren't all the inflated running back stats in "Simmed" games? The sliders only affect games that are actually played on the field, right? So what sliders would specifically affect simmed games?
Not sure if the sliders affect simmed games or not, I thought they did in a way, i'm not into franchises and stats, so maybe i spoke too soon, but if someone here knows for sure, please let us know, TIA.
Old 12-04-2009, 08:59 AM   #70
Banned

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapp99
That sound pretty good, sure you downloaded the patch?
Lol I knew someone would say that, so I started playing the first playoff game as the Eagles and the "JJ" Jim Johnson sticker was on the helmet. I did that just to make sure.

Im gona go thru and sim season two as well.
Old 12-04-2009, 09:02 AM   #71
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
As far as Im concerned, sliders have nothing to do with simmed stats. At least not prepatch. I changed my slider in very drastic way several times and the simmed stats did not seem to change.
Only way to reduce the rushing yards is through coaching philosophy sliders I think, but that would mean way more passing yards then, because its not the rushing attempts that seem to be wrong, but obviously the average (6 or 7+ yards for the best?!) is just out of the world.
I wonder why the average was chaanged anyway, I thought I read that Looman did not want to chagne them because he predicted just this developement in his thread about the sim stats. And if I remember correctly, most people wrote that it was better to have some good backups crawling around 3.5 avg than to have what we seem to have now.
Why would sliders NOT change sim stats? You have me confused with your statement. You say SLIDERS do not matter and then you say the only way to change stats is thru SLIDERS.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-04-2009, 09:02 AM   #72
Rookie

Dolfanjoe's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Interesting...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »