Home

Madden NFL 10 Patch #2 Arrives Next Week (360)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 10 Patch #2 Arrives Next Week (360) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-05-2009, 12:15 PM   #65
MVP

TeamBuilder's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: Madden NFL 10 Patch #2 Arrives Next Week (360)

Is there a complete list of the fixes available yet? The most info I've seen anybody have is Pastapadre.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-05-2009, 12:26 PM   #66
Banned

2krules's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03MstGT290
If you've got that kind of excess money that you could buy the same exact game for another system just because you don't want to wait a week, I'm sure every single one us here could give you the name of a good charity.
Old 12-05-2009, 12:28 PM   #67
MVP

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2krules
If you've got that kind of excess money that you could buy the same exact game for another system just because you don't want to wait a week, I'm sure every single one us here could give you the name of a good charity.
Charity 1: CreatineKasey's student loans

Lol that is a nice monitor I still don't trust Bengals

M - I - N - N - E - S - O - T - A
Old 12-05-2009, 12:41 PM   #68
Banned

2krules's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreatineKasey
Charity 1: CreatineKasey's student loans

If I had 60 extra bucks lying around I'd give it for your school before I'd waste it on a second copy of the same exact game, that's for sure.
Old 12-05-2009, 01:24 PM   #69
Banned

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelernation28
I'd like to know exactly why Sony approved it and Microsoft decided that it was not up to their standards.

Simple...
  • Sony has its computers and Microsoft has it own. Different worlds.
  • EA uses different programmer teams for each platform. Each team has its own challenges.
  • Each company has its own change mgmt processs which factors in alot of variables (i.e. will the code run, how long will the push take, etc). If MS deems that the update is risky and the impacts drive more work for them, then they'll veto it.
I suspect that MS ran into a situation that needed to be addressed now as opposed to releasing another EA quick fix shortly following patch #2.

Last edited by D_Money; 12-05-2009 at 01:27 PM.
Old 12-05-2009, 01:26 PM   #70
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by marktg30
Next year I wouldn't count on many of your fans to feel the way they did going into launch this year. Thanks for the update on the delayed patch, but this has almost been more disappointing than Madden 09. I am sure you are all hard at work on Madden 11 and I wish you the best of luck on that endeavor; However, I am rather concerned by the complete drop off in community interaction.
Ian explained their position on community interaction a few weeks ago, and without trying to defend EA, I completely understand. It did get too personal with the insults and questioning the intelligence of all the developers. In their shoes, I'd make the same move.

Think for a second how much work Ian was putting in: he'd drop by here on a Friday night--see the community up in arms about a specific issue--and spend a portion of his weekend trying to produce videos to appease us.

I know that the devs 'disappearing' isn't going to sit well with most of the community; but to me, it makes sense.
Old 12-05-2009, 02:15 PM   #71
Banned

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgiles36
Ian explained their position on community interaction a few weeks ago, and without trying to defend EA, I completely understand. It did get too personal with the insults and questioning the intelligence of all the developers. In their shoes, I'd make the same move.

Think for a second how much work Ian was putting in: he'd drop by here on a Friday night--see the community up in arms about a specific issue--and spend a portion of his weekend trying to produce videos to appease us.

I know that the devs 'disappearing' isn't going to sit well with most of the community; but to me, it makes sense.
It would have made more sense to ban the people making personal insults towards the devs. Isn't that against the TOS on this site anyway?

Bottom-line is that their departure at the peak of "glitch-finding season" looked more like a cop-out than a response to insulting OSers.

The whole idea of live patches has really taken a hit on the quality of games 'out of the box', especially since Next-Gen dropped. I won't be purchasing an EA Sports title brand new ever again because of the experiences I have had over the last 3 years.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-05-2009, 02:43 PM   #72
Rookie

OVR: 3
Smile Re: Madden NFL 10 Patch #2 Arrives Next Week (360)

Nah homie, EA isnt hidiing or runnng from complaints, no1 is gonna sit around and listen to spoiled kids and adults act childish and throw insults.

Game messed up or not.

Its as simple as that. If I was EA I wouldnt even give updates, do what theyve done for years, make you guys wiat to next eyar game. And like little puppets, you guys will still buy it, and if not, so what it will still sale.

Id do fans diry, like a CEO handling a disloyal group of employees, id send every1 packing, and hire a whole new staff.

They did the right thing, and theyd still be listening to us if it wasnt a-holes actin a fool and ignorant.

Regardless if you like the game or not, you dont disrespect people period. You either voice your opinion with respect, or keep it pushing.

No1 will miss you if you dont buy the game, I promise. People work harder for you when you treat them with respect. I didnt like the flat issue, but at the same time, Im not some spoiled kid who gonna run around throwing insults at people. You cats over here are too young and immature to see that. That not how you initiate change. Its a fact that people work harder for people they like, and no1 like you guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marktg30
Next year I wouldn't count on many of your fans to feel the way they did going into launch this year. Thanks for the update on the delayed patch, but this has almost been more disappointing than Madden 09. I am sure you are all hard at work on Madden 11 and I wish you the best of luck on that endeavor; However, I am rather concerned by the complete drop off in community interaction.

Everyone at EA decides that once the real reviews come from the hardcore fans that it is time to get off the OS forums? Then the lack of a patch until the second week of December for a game that only receives two patches a year...?

Sorry if I have lost a lot of faith in your 'gamer first' attitude portrayed during the months leading up to launch, but the silence after valid complaints is evident. Asking to 'see proof or footage' of glitches that are widely available on youtube is also ridiculous.

My frustration is evident in the above... and with that said, thanks for the patch and I look forward to a fun Offline Franchise for the next few months.

Last edited by SubZero97; 12-05-2009 at 02:46 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »