Home

Rushing stats post patch #2

This is a discussion on Rushing stats post patch #2 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 12-04-2009, 02:06 PM   #1
Pro

bigdfan76's Arena

OVR: 12
Rushing stats post patch #2

So I poured through the patch impression thread and found alot of guys complaning about the rushing stats in franchise. Some guys were simming to experiment with this issue. I then found some guys arguing about whether the thread should have this discussion in it. I then found a mod(pared) telling people not to post if they don't have impressions. Sooo... I figured this issue needed it's own thread. I am concerned about this issue. I was dissapointed with the tackle, pancake blocks, and passing stats pre patch #2 but I was willing to look past it. It sounds like they have fixed pancakes and tackles. Not sure about passing stats but those didn't bother me too much because the league is trending towards a pass happy league anyway. My 1st concern/question is whether or not the fixes to the other stats make it worth it to download the patch or not. 2nd concern/question is whether or not the gameplay has improved enough to make it worth dealing with the incredibly over blown rushing stats. 3rd concern/question is whether or not this IS a confirmed issue or not? Is it only on the PS3? My 4th question/concern is maybe these overblown rushing stats are in direct relation to "fixing" the tackle stats. I wonder if guys have a higher ypc because there are less tackles? Less tackles assisted or not= more broken tackles=more 20 yd+ carries=higher ypc=more 200-300 yd games=shattering Dickerson's record 2-3 times a season! Sorry to be long winded, I am a 360 user and won't have the chance to simm these things myself for another week. I learned to live with the others issues pre patch and I'm sure I'll learn to cope with any new ones. I DO think this IS the best version of Madden to date... I'm am a huge EA fan. I'm not nitpicking or griping, just experimenting and trying to help, so please don't jump on my case. Thanks for the help.
Baylor Bears Iowa Hawkeyes Texas Longhorns
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-04-2009, 02:22 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 36
Re: Rushing stats post patch #2

I will be doing expiriments to fix this once the 360 patch comes out.
Old 12-04-2009, 02:37 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayAllen20
I will be doing expiriments to fix this once the 360 patch comes out.
Ive tried to fix it all morning and finally I snapped and lost it. Why this was messed with in the first place is pure idiotic.

Michael Turner goes for atleast 2400 every first year in frachise. Way too many 1000 and 2000 yard rushers every year. And the YPC are PROPOSTUROUS.

Ive lost all respect for the Madden 10 team. They had me at first, until their patches brought the game back to the level that all the other next gen Maddens are at.

Honestly, every other area seems improved. But how this one glaring issue made it past Looman and his gang and onto this patch shows me how much they actually know about football.

EA either doesnt test or doesnt know anything about the sport. Its that simple. Im not trolling or trashing them at all. Im giving an honest opinion of why I think we are going thru this every year. I mean if it happened once, its one thing. But when its every year?? I mean c'mon

Next-Gen, what a great and powerful system

Last edited by GatorBait06NC; 12-04-2009 at 02:41 PM.
Old 12-04-2009, 02:53 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorBait06NC
Ive tried to fix it all morning and finally I snapped and lost it. Why this was messed with in the first place is pure idiotic.

Michael Turner goes for atleast 2400 every first year in frachise. Way too many 1000 and 2000 yard rushers every year. And the YPC are PROPOSTUROUS.

Ive lost all respect for the Madden 10 team. They had me at first, until their patches brought the game back to the level that all the other next gen Maddens are at.

Honestly, every other area seems improved. But how this one glaring issue made it past Looman and his gang and onto this patch shows me how much they actually know about football.

EA either doesnt test or doesnt know anything about the sport. Its that simple. Im not trolling or trashing them at all. Im giving an honest opinion of why I think we are going thru this every year. I mean if it happened once, its one thing. But when its every year?? I mean c'mon

Next-Gen, what a great and powerful system
i dont think i wanna download this patch but then again that'd mean no online play...give me a beer someone!
Old 12-04-2009, 02:56 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

BlueNGold's Arena

OVR: 41

All I'm going to do is let out a great, big sigh. This is getting ridiculous. To make us wait all these months for a patch that ruins something even more than it already was is just frustrating.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-04-2009, 03:05 PM   #6
MVP

RumbleCard's Arena

OVR: 8

One would think that overblown rushing stats, IE YPC, could easily be fixed by toning down the CPU rushing sliders. Seems like some of you guys aren't readjusting your sliders post patch enough. I know I jacked the CPU way up to compensate for it and now I'm prepared to have to slowly work them back down post patch.

Unless someone else has any better ideas.
Old 12-04-2009, 03:07 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

BlueNGold's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by RumbleCard
One would think that overblown rushing stats, IE YPC, could easily be fixed by toning down the CPU rushing sliders. Seems like some of you guys aren't readjusting your sliders post patch enough. I know I jacked the CPU way up to compensate for it and now I'm prepared to have to slowly work them back down post patch.

Yeah good point. For guys that DL'ed the patch, they should reset their sliders back to default as that typically skews things after a patch.

Old 12-04-2009, 03:31 PM   #8
Pro

bigdfan76's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by RumbleCard

In my experience sliders don't effect simmed games. That's the problem here, not actually playing the game but franchise simmed rushing stats.
Baylor Bears Iowa Hawkeyes Texas Longhorns
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »