Home

What is your opinion on the strength of the Saints?

This is a discussion on What is your opinion on the strength of the Saints? within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
ESBC Roster - The Best We've Ever Seen in a Boxing Game?
PES 2021 Team Spirit Guide - Understand Chemistry on a New Level
MLB The Show 21 Diamond Dynasty Budget Beasts
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)
View Poll Results: What is the Strength of the Saints?
Passing Game 31 88.57%
Running Game 0 0%
Something else. 4 11.43%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-05-2009, 12:20 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: What is your opinion on the strength of the Saints?

They are pretty balanced but you gotta figure their offense runs through brees. Reggie Bush and Thomas, hell even Evans make good receiving options out of the backfield. Tight ends are stacked, Receivers all got pretty good speed and hands, so it's definitely about the pass more in my opinion.
Old 12-05-2009, 03:16 PM   #18
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

To me, the Saints strength is passing.

I bet that running game isn't that good if they didn't have a QB that can rack up 3000 yards in 11 games...on top of already being scared of the guy because he has a 5000 yd season before.

Saints can run because teams are scared of their passing game. They pass to set up the run, to me that means their strength is passing, and they use it to help out the "weaker" side, which is running. Just like if a team runs to set up the pass - their strength is running, so they establish it and use play action/force the defense to bring 8 in the box, then exploit it.

The difference between the Saints and the Colts is that the Colts can't run consistently (at least Addai hasn't shown much consistency) even with teams having to factor in the passing game.

To me, a balanced team doesn't have to set anything up. They can do both decently without going "heavy" one or the other first. If the Saints go pass heavy first then run heavy, to me that's using the pass (feed the defense's already fear of their passing game) to crush them with the run to close out the game and eat clock.

Last edited by KBLover; 12-05-2009 at 03:20 PM.
Old 12-05-2009, 04:22 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBLover
I bet that running game isn't that good if they didn't have a QB that can rack up 3000 yards in 11 games.
or one of if not the best guard tandems in the league
Old 12-05-2009, 07:12 PM   #20
MVP

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBLover
To me, the Saints strength is passing.

I bet that running game isn't that good if they didn't have a QB that can rack up 3000 yards in 11 games...on top of already being scared of the guy because he has a 5000 yd season before.

Saints can run because teams are scared of their passing game. They pass to set up the run, to me that means their strength is passing, and they use it to help out the "weaker" side, which is running. Just like if a team runs to set up the pass - their strength is running, so they establish it and use play action/force the defense to bring 8 in the box, then exploit it.

The difference between the Saints and the Colts is that the Colts can't run consistently (at least Addai hasn't shown much consistency) even with teams having to factor in the passing game.

To me, a balanced team doesn't have to set anything up. They can do both decently without going "heavy" one or the other first. If the Saints go pass heavy first then run heavy, to me that's using the pass (feed the defense's already fear of their passing game) to crush them with the run to close out the game and eat clock.
I agree 100%!

Season 1 CHAMPION!!!
Old 12-05-2009, 07:22 PM   #21
Rookie

prime21time37's Arena

OVR: 5

there strength is the ability to have a balanced attack. its hard to gameplan for them. to many weapons. all the offense they have this year and last year, they didnt have a 1000 yd wr or a 1000 rb either time. it doesnt matter who gets the ball. its spread so nicely, its just hard to play defense against them. they have 3 capable backs, a handful of wrs, and 2 te. all while having one of the best qbs in the game and a coach who can run an offense. now that they have a respectable defense they are definetly a contender!!!! im a skins fan so tommorow could suck for me.(whole season actually sucked)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-05-2009, 07:59 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 2

not too mention that our defensive coordinator Greg Williams has never had a defense not in the Top 10.

Darren Sharper is a beast of a FS and even Mike Mckenzie who sat out all year; signed a week before the Pats game and well his stats speak for themselves.

I haven't seen a wood-shed in New Orleans ever, but that whipping came anyway.
Old 12-05-2009, 09:16 PM   #23
Pro

OVR: 12

I think the strength of the Saints is their balance. They can pass well, but they can also run well to keep opposing defenses off balance. If I had to pick one over the other, I would go with the passing game, but the running game is still good.
Old 12-05-2009, 10:39 PM   #24
Banned

OVR: 8

The Saints this season are a "BALANCED TEAM", this reason alone last year they couldn't run for sh!t, this year they are top 5. People let the past two seasons over shadow the demeanor of this seasons team. I mean they rotate THREE RB's, how could you not see that and along with the passing game associate that with Balanced.

APF Build-(Still no idea why this is in the MADDEN FORUM)

G-Drew Brees
G-Darren Sharper

S-Jonathan Vilma
S-Marques Colston
S-Reggie Bush/Will Smith

B-Pierre Thomas
B-Tracy Porter
B-Jabari Greer
B-Lance Moore
B-Jeremy Shockey
B-Will Smith/Robert Meachem/Bush

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »