Home

Old 12-05-2009, 07:40 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
1 But Not 2???

so i have been reading that if you dont like the second patch you can jus delete you Madden file and go back to the way it was.

well when you start from scratch do they give you a prompt to d/l the first patch then prompt you about the second???

i would jus think they go straight to prompting you about patch 2.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-05-2009, 07:46 PM   #2
All Star

DonkeyJote's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: 1 But Not 2???

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaW97
so i have been reading that if you dont like the second patch you can jus delete you Madden file and go back to the way it was.

well when you start from scratch do they give you a prompt to d/l the first patch then prompt you about the second???

i would jus think they go straight to prompting you about patch 2.
No. Once you d/l patch 2, you cannot go back to patch 1 without downloading it from somewhere else. You'll have to d/l both if you choose to d/l through PSN or Live.
Old 12-05-2009, 08:12 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonkeyJote
No. Once you d/l patch 2, you cannot go back to patch 1 without downloading it from somewhere else. You'll have to d/l both if you choose to d/l through PSN or Live.
thanx.
so its either stay where your at or be stuck with the bad results
Old 12-05-2009, 09:26 PM   #4
All Star

DonkeyJote's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaW97
thanx.
so its either stay where your at or be stuck with the bad results

Think of it this way. Even if the RB stats are way out of wack (the ypc is way high, but total yards are only a little too high in most seasons), at least passing yards, rushing td's, passing td's, receptions, receiving yards and sacks are all better. So if the stat thing is the big issue, you have to decide which is worse.

And by the way, if you don't get the second patch, you can no longer play online, get updated rosters, etc.
Old 12-05-2009, 10:02 PM   #5
Banned

bill2451's Arena

OVR: 16

total yards are way too high, not a little too high... maybe not as crazy as the 7+ ypc are, but muiltiple guys over 2,000 yards and like 16 over 1,500 is still way too high. Rushing TD's are also too high... and sacks are worse too

passing yards, passing TD's, receptions, and receiving yards are all solid, receiving TD's are pretty good

when it comes down to it, on patch 1 you can just turn each teams running/passing slider one click towards running, and then put each teams defensive run/pass a few clicks towards pass, and besides rushing TD's being too low and sacks for OLB being off, you can get really solid stats (season I simmed last night doing this I had only 1 guy throw for over 4,000 yards, 38 was the most TD passes, leading rusher ran for 1,860 w/ 4 over 1,500)

so imo if improved gameplay is more important, go w/ patch 2... if you are a big stat head and think it will ruin your franchise enjoyment, stick with patch 1 because the stats are better
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-05-2009, 10:23 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill2451
total yards are way too high, not a little too high... maybe not as crazy as the 7+ ypc are, but muiltiple guys over 2,000 yards and like 16 over 1,500 is still way too high. Rushing TD's are also too high... and sacks are worse too

passing yards, passing TD's, receptions, and receiving yards are all solid, receiving TD's are pretty good

when it comes down to it, on patch 1 you can just turn each teams running/passing slider one click towards running, and then put each teams defensive run/pass a few clicks towards pass, and besides rushing TD's being too low and sacks for OLB being off, you can get really solid stats (season I simmed last night doing this I had only 1 guy throw for over 4,000 yards, 38 was the most TD passes, leading rusher ran for 1,860 w/ 4 over 1,500)

so imo if improved gameplay is more important, go w/ patch 2... if you are a big stat head and think it will ruin your franchise enjoyment, stick with patch 1 because the stats are better

thanx for the info.

im not so stat crazy but it does irk me to see running qb's have 100 yards rushing for the season, low int totals etc
so i was jus about to start the 32 team franchise thing and tune all the sliders and see if all the trouble is worth it

but if the gameplay is improved then i might consider the patch.
thing is,i havent read anything positive about gameplay.
in fact, i read that in some guy's franchise chris johnson(99 spd) was chased down by d. freeney(85 spd)...thats insane

but yeah,
what gameplay improvements have you noticed???
Old 12-05-2009, 10:27 PM   #7
Banned

bill2451's Arena

imo gameplay changes are negligable... but I've heard other ppl say the game plays smoother (the hitch when guys are fatigued and break out into the open is gone, that is one plus), which is why I said gameplay was improved.

for me, I enjoy the game after patch 1, patch 2 feels pretty similar... I also can get the stats pretty solid (like I said besides rushing TD's and OLB sacks) w/ patch 1, not at all with patch 2... so for me, I'm sticking w/ Patch #1 (I have 360, played post patch on my puddies ps3). Of course, I'm nearly exclusively an offline franchise guy, and having realistic stats helps keep me interested and into it. And to me the crazy RB totals are killers in that regard
Old 12-05-2009, 10:31 PM   #8
Banned

bill2451's Arena

as for tuning the sliders, for offense I go 1 click towards the run on the run/pass slider (for sim stats this one is the most important and really improves stats). On defense I go 4 towards the pass. On defensive aggression I go 3 clicks to the less aggressive side (I do this one because it improves gameplay, w/ less all out blitzes). I also go 3 clicks to the aggressive side on offense (right), i'm not sure how much this one matters, but imo I like the sim stat results better when I do it.

to change all 32 teams, it takes less than 10 min

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »