Home

Do you think the next patch will address the unrealistic amount of $$$ FA's ask for?

This is a discussion on Do you think the next patch will address the unrealistic amount of $$$ FA's ask for? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-27-2009, 11:20 PM   #1
MVP

mattlanta's Arena

OVR: 21
Do you think the next patch will address the unrealistic amount of $$$ FA's ask for?

I'm just wondering if you guys think that EA will fix that in the next patch. It's kind of getting annoying when you're seeing undrafted free agent rookies asking for deals from around $1.3 million to $2 million a year... and they're not even proven / that good. Those type of players should ask for league minimum and ask for one-year contracts because that's what it's like in real life... at least that's what they get signed to anyways.

Just wondering. Thanks.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-28-2009, 03:15 AM   #2
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51
Re: Do you think the next patch will address the unrealistic amount of $$$ FA's ask f

I was wondering about that... I lost P. Watkins for the year, put him on IR, and signed a new player. At the main screen, it showed him asking for $400k or so, but I had to pay nearly $1.5 million to sign him. Not sure why there was such a disparity. He was an unsigned rookie, so it's not like he was a good player, or proven per your explanation.
Old 10-28-2009, 08:35 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 8
Re: Do you think the next patch will address the unrealistic amount of $$$ FA's ask f

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libid21
I'm just wondering if you guys think that EA will fix that in the next patch. It's kind of getting annoying when you're seeing undrafted free agent rookies asking for deals from around $1.3 million to $2 million a year... and they're not even proven / that good. Those type of players should ask for league minimum and ask for one-year contracts because that's what it's like in real life... at least that's what they get signed to anyways.

Just wondering. Thanks.

If you set "sign draft picks" to CPU they will be a lot lower.. Probably too low, but its better than giving 6 mill to your number one... If your borderline on the cap though,watch out because the cpu will release players to sign picks...
Old 10-28-2009, 09:03 AM   #4
Banned

kpkpkp's Arena

OVR: 13

MAN, I hope so.

This is one of my bigger concerns.

That and franchise stats.

Franchise mode no bueno.
Old 10-28-2009, 10:26 AM   #5
Banned

mvandor's Arena

OVR: 7

This seems to me to be by design, some players don't want to play for you and have to be "bought off" to obtain.

I had to let Antonio Cromartie go to another team in free agency because he wanted crazy money from me. He then signed for SUBSTANTIALLY less with another team, so I traded for him to get him back at my price. Stupid workaround, but hey, it's a game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-28-2009, 01:21 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 1

That would be nice. Last straw for me I had the 'agent' of an O-lineman free agent overall 70-72 with $700K or $800k next to his name demand some $30+ mil 5 yr $Xmil bonus out of me before he would accept, I figured it was b0rked. At that point I turned off salary cap and just keep myself honest with trades and acquisitions.
Old 10-28-2009, 02:40 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

kingkilla56's Arena

OVR: 31

Is it me or does every corner want Champ Baily money???

I never resign CBs, try to get a steal in the late rounds and ink em for 7 years 350K no bonus yessirrr!
Old 10-28-2009, 04:07 PM   #8
MVP

mattlanta's Arena

OVR: 21

Here's a bump. Hopefully the EA Sports team will read this and consider it at least.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »