Home

Old 12-08-2009, 02:14 PM   #25
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51
Re: Bing.com Ads?

Quote:
Originally Posted by OctaneHugo
Said it once, I'll say it again: why anyone cares about these popup ads is beyond my realm of understanding. Honestly, I think that if EA wasn't so hated people wouldn't give a ****, just like they shouldn't. It doesn't affect gameplay, it's unobtrusive, and no one is forcing you to look at it. Or even notice it. Or spend the time and effort to take a ****ty picture of your TV, e-mail it to yourself, host it somewhere and bitch about it on a forum.

tl;dr: it's an unobtrusive, pointless ad and no one should actually care about it stop complaining.
Your response is completely illogical. If it were unobtrusive people wouldn't be complaining in the first place. I can't think of another game that ever popped up an Ad by itself during the game in this manner to compare it to, so while it is EA Sports that is the perpetrator in the Ad overlay, it's the Ad itself that is frustrating gamers, not the company. With that said, I am very disappointed that EA Sports didn't fix the problem with a patch, instead choosing their Ad revenue over their gamers / fans enjoyment of the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-08-2009, 02:40 PM   #26
7 dirty words...

ryan36's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamin23
I'm not saying you have to be okay with them, but that is how companies make money. It's not like it is plastered all over the stadium like other games do.
Rather have plaster. More realistic. I mean what's more realistic than plaster on walls?
Old 12-08-2009, 04:51 PM   #27
Banned

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdarez
Your response is completely illogical. If it were unobtrusive people wouldn't be complaining in the first place.
People will complain about anything.

Quote:
I can't think of another game that ever popped up an Ad by itself during the game in this manner to compare it to, so while it is EA Sports that is the perpetrator in the Ad overlay, it's the Ad itself that is frustrating gamers, not the company.
...what? You're the one not making any sense. My theory is that people are only complaining BECAUSE it's EA.

Quote:
With that said, I am very disappointed that EA Sports didn't fix the problem with a patch, instead choosing their Ad revenue over their gamers / fans enjoyment of the game.
See, they WILL bitch about anything. Dear God, if a small ad in the corner of your screen ruins your enjoyment of the game you either A) Weren't enjoying it in the first place (in b4 'i wasnt 2k > madden') or B) Just like complaining about stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitchingcoach36
Rather have plaster. More realistic. I mean what's more realistic than plaster on walls?
Old 12-08-2009, 05:19 PM   #28
Banned

cptnobvious's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manning
It goes away if I disconnect from the $50 a year service of Xbox Live. I have been getting really annoyed with Xbox and this may finally push me towards a PS3.
The fact that a small ad on your Madden screen is making you "finally" push to get a whole new system is just sad.
Old 12-08-2009, 06:02 PM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 1
Angry Re: Bing.com Ads?

Quote:
Originally Posted by OctaneHugo
Said it once, I'll say it again: why anyone cares about these popup ads is beyond my realm of understanding. Honestly, I think that if EA wasn't so hated people wouldn't give a ****, just like they shouldn't. It doesn't affect gameplay, it's unobtrusive, and no one is forcing you to look at it. Or even notice it. Or spend the time and effort to take a ****ty picture of your TV, e-mail it to yourself, host it somewhere and bitch about it on a forum.

tl;dr: it's an unobtrusive, pointless ad and no one should actually care about it stop complaining.
These ads drive me nuts and OFTEN interfere with my gameplay. Not only are they eye and attention grabbing as im sure is intended but when they cover my HB so i cant adjust the play....we are having problems. And just because you find nothing wrong with them is all good an well....but thats you.
Old 12-08-2009, 11:10 PM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 6

Mine are Madden Arcade is now available ads. EVERY play on my PS3. Every SINGLE play it pops up, the exact same ad. Wow.
Old 12-09-2009, 02:03 AM   #31
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by UGA14
Mine are Madden Arcade is now available ads. EVERY play on my PS3. Every SINGLE play it pops up, the exact same ad. Wow.
Yeah, I wonder what makes it popup every time for some users, and other users don't ever see the Ad, or only see it once at the start of the game. Seems strange that it's consistent for some, and not there at all for others. I asked Ian if they had code segments for black listed users such that:

if(user == 'Valdarez') displayAdEveryPlay;

heh

Some suggested fixes are changing banner displays to 'Minimal' (seem to reduce the frequency the Ads would pop up game wise, but failed to keep them from displaying on every play once they were showing), and for XBox 360 users you can unplug your internet cable. Not sure how PS3 users would disable their wireless. I think you'd have to delete the connection (yuck!). If someone else has a better work around for the PS3, I'd be interested to hear it.

I haven't entered the code to play online leagues. I wonder if they are using that as a way to gauge who has bought the game new, and are spamming the guys who bought it used? For the guys that are getting Ads every single play, did you buy the game new or used?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-09-2009, 11:10 AM   #32
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdarez
Not sure how PS3 users would disable their wireless. I think you'd have to delete the connection (yuck!). If someone else has a better work around for the PS3, I'd be interested to hear it.
PS3 gamers could cancel connection to the EA servers (while the game loads, one of the dialog boxes mentions connecting to the EA servers with the option to hit X to cancel)

Also, for some reason, if you sit at the save/load screen for a while inside the game, when you leave it, you'll get a notice about the connection being lost. I don't know how long it takes, never tried it intentionally, just noticed it.

They could also go to the Network Settings menu icon and switch the Internet connection option to Disabled then load the game (haven't tried this, but I don't see how it couldn't work.)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »