Home

Old 12-09-2009, 11:13 AM   #33
Ready to chase #12

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62
Re: Bing.com Ads?

since patch 2, I haven't seen any ads at all.

I miss the old OS

There are two things you can't get back in this world; time and money. Spend both wisely

Louisville|Cardinals
Old 12-09-2009, 11:15 AM   #34
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBLover
PS3 gamers could cancel connection to the EA servers (while the game loads, one of the dialog boxes mentions connecting to the EA servers with the option to hit X to cancel)
This is another work around with varying results. After one game, it will connect to the EA Servers (at least on the XBox 360 console).
Old 12-09-2009, 11:18 AM   #35
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
since patch 2, I haven't seen any ads at all.
Really? That will be nice. It's going to be one of the first things I look for... or rather, hope to not see with the 2nd patch. Ian told me they couldn't remove them due to contracts with advertisers, which I found odd (long discussion / explanation). If they are gone, then kudos to EA for doing the right thing and putting the fans first. I won't know for sure for a couple of days on the 360 until the 2nd patch drops.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-09-2009, 02:25 PM   #36
Rookie

Drike19's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvaccaro
switch to PS3...

you'll get the patch sooner and free online service

there's still ads when you're playing online, but I've never once seen an ad in offline play, even when I'm connected to PSN, which I always am.
There are ads when playing offline, if your connect to PSN but its not nearly as much as online play.

Old 12-09-2009, 02:32 PM   #37
MVP

DrUrsus's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamin23
Every game does this. Even non sports games have adds. You can't turn them off when you watch games live so why should you be able to turn them off virtually.
Boy, you sure are an advertisers dream! Where do you draw the line? Will it bother you when all the helmets are like Nascar cars someday, or will you just say, well that's life.

I don't normally mind ads, but the bing.com takes up a good portion of the bottom right hand corner when you are trying to play the actual game, and that's where I draw the line. I never noticed it before because I am normally not connected when I play offline (just how my setup is). Now I definitely won't be connected when I play offline anymore.
Old 12-09-2009, 04:14 PM   #38
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by UGA14
Mine are Madden Arcade is now available ads. EVERY play on my PS3. Every SINGLE play it pops up, the exact same ad. Wow.
THIS is my biggest complaint about the ads. There's obviously a glitch in the programming that makes the same ad come up EVERY SINGLE play for an entire game. It happens to me on the 360 as well. Some games, I'll get only about 4-5 ads for the entire game (each one different), but then some games it'll hit this glitch/loop and keep popping up the same one for every play without fail. If they would simply fix this problem and keep the ads to a few different ones each game (I'd say no more than 4-5 total), then I can live with them. But this programming hiccup has to be fixed...
Old 12-09-2009, 04:32 PM   #39
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdarez
This is another work around with varying results. After one game, it will connect to the EA Servers (at least on the XBox 360 console).
Wow, really?

Next time I play, I'll manually cancel connection and play a game just to see if it happens on PS3 also. I don't think it does, but I'll try to confirm it.
Old 12-09-2009, 04:39 PM   #40
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBLover
Wow, really?

Next time I play, I'll manually cancel connection and play a game just to see if it happens on PS3 also. I don't think it does, but I'll try to confirm it.
You can always tell when they'll show up. If there's an Ad on the franchise screen, then you'll get the popups. If it says EA Sports in the lower right corner on the Franchise screen, then you won't get them. That's the one thing that has been consistent for me on the XBox 360 with the Ads.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »