Home

Should we REALLY be giving EA advice(wishes)?

This is a discussion on Should we REALLY be giving EA advice(wishes)? within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
F1 2021 Review - One for the Ages
EA Sports PGA TOUR to Include Brand New Swing Mechanics, Three Click Swing Returns
FIFA 22 Gameplay: Breaking Down the Latest Details
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 12-06-2009, 11:52 PM   #9
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51
Re: Should we REALLY be giving EA advice(wishes)?

Customers not providing feedback. Yeah, that's the key to creating a quality product.

Madden still has a long way to go. Fans need to keep providing feedback on the quality issues and ideas on how to make the game more realistic, and especially more fun, which is something that sports games in general typically lose in their quest for realism.
Old 12-06-2009, 11:55 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 12

NO, it is their fault for not getting the **** right the first time.

NO, more excuses from EA.

Not enough time, the code was too messed up and I didn't have the time.

Simmed stats being accurate IS POSSIBLE.

It HAS been done in the past.

THERE IS NO EXCUSE FOR THIS BEING MESSED UP.

PERIOD>!
Old 12-07-2009, 03:52 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrewsLions
Absolutely disagree wholeheartedly. It comes down to EA doing it right. Did they not sim a few seasons to see what would happen? It's really quite inexcusable. We shouldn't have to tell them what is wrong with the game in the first place. There is a big difference between straight up complaining and asking for corrections/modifications to be made so things work the way they should have when we all put down $60 for this game.

Me... I'm a franchiser. I don't play any other modes. But I'm of the mindset "to each his own". Just because you don't play a certain way, doesn't mean it's not important to the game for others. I never play online, but I don't want the features that are supposed to be available to that demographic to be insufficient or not working correctly. For my style of play, stats are a big part of the overall experience being realistic enough for me to "get into it". When you get stats that are out of the realm of possibility (for the most part), that degrades the experience partly or fully, depending on the issue.

I'm an XBoxer, so I'll have to wait and see if I can control all teams and modify the stats to be satisfactory. Sounds like some of the gameplay issues have been improved, so I'm crossing some fingers that I will FINALLY be able to start my franchise (only purchased the game four months ago... that's ridiculous). As for the original poster's point... nope. We should absolutely, unequivocally make our voices heard until we get a game worthy of the money we spent. The REAL problem is NOT the customer.......

15 posts deep, and you got my madden forum love.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-07-2009, 04:19 AM   #12
All Star

DonkeyJote's Arena

OVR: 19

I think that overall, the stats thing is being blown out of proportions. Yeah, the rushing stats are messed up now, but passing stats, receiving stats, rushing td', and sacks all seem to be much improved. Overall, they seem better to me. Are they perfect? God no. 7 ypc is pretty bad. But I'll take one bad stat over about 7 or 8 bad stats and be okay with it.
Old 12-07-2009, 05:42 AM   #13
Pro

brza37's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill2451
Fix: 1) The act of correcting or repairing
2) To improve the appearance or condition of

changing for the worse does not = fix

they changed it... they did not fix it. I'm pretty sure nobody asked for it to be even worse in the opposite direction
Old 12-07-2009, 08:22 AM   #14
MVP

OVR: 1

when they screw up 2 basic things
1/ challenges in last 2 minutes of 1st/3rd qtrs
2/ IR not freeing up a slot

other things annoy me i admit; defenders warping to blockers, challenges which are not shown on video and not upheld, no commit when you know its either run or pass, max 10 draft picks, no practice squad, no weekly training regimen (like 2k5), no playbook/play creation, no practice when in the franchise (gotta exprt team and come out), progression at begininng next year not throughout current

overall its ok, better in some ways than 2k5 and in others so far behind.
Old 12-07-2009, 10:49 AM   #15
Banned

OVR: 12

The gameplay and the franchise stats should work properly out of the box. You can't blame the consumers for wanting accurate sim stats when that's what they paid for.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-07-2009, 10:51 AM   #16
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoneKIller
Love the game out of the box.

But now in my current Franchise I saw more than 20 RB's getting 5 or more yards a carry.Im talking some was running for 7 yards a carry.

We begged and pleaded for RB stats to be fixed and it got fixed alright.

I would have much rather have the stats before this patch.
But if I delete the patch NO ONLINE.NO GREEN SEAHAWKS.

Do we really need to beg as muc as we do?

Do we really have to be nitpicky so much?

Do we need all these pet peeves?

Its our fault these stats are screwed.That guy in charge of stats said something about it being hard to get perfect between passing and rushing and we just kept on and on.

Now this is the final version of this game until Madden 2011.
All the Madden 10 Christmas gifts are going to have 2000 yard rushers every season in Franchise because of us.
Wow! They got you that bad?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »