Home

Should we REALLY be giving EA advice(wishes)?

This is a discussion on Should we REALLY be giving EA advice(wishes)? within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
ESBC Roster - The Best We've Ever Seen in a Boxing Game?
PES 2021 Team Spirit Guide - Understand Chemistry on a New Level
MLB The Show 21 Diamond Dynasty Budget Beasts
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 12-07-2009, 02:04 PM   #25
Pro

OVR: 16
Re: Should we REALLY be giving EA advice(wishes)?

My bad, im sorry for your sim engine sucking and for asking for real stats like promised.

I think thats what the original poster wanted!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-07-2009, 02:04 PM   #26
Banned

bill2451's Arena

heres my issue... if something doesnt work quite right out of the box, fine, I'm ok with that

my issue is that NO ONE in their right mind would have ever looked at this patch, simmed a season and said, "well, glad RB stats are so much better"

it just doesnt make sense to me why they would take a step forward in terms of gameplay with the patch, and then, for offline franchise guys where stats matter, take such a huge unnecessary step back... absolutely no reason for them to change RB stats like they did, and then to keep it after they surely realized how ridiculous they were.

Sure maybe gameplay isnt where some ppl would like it, but if the effort is there I can deal with it because it's still fun... it's these blatent issues that are so obvious and unnecessary that leave me scratching my head

thats my problem with this patch
Old 12-07-2009, 02:32 PM   #27
MVP

Trevytrev11's Arena

OVR: 19

As far as the stat engine goes...the "one year cycle for sports games" excuse makes sense for year 1 and maybe 2 of a game, but not years 3,4 and 5.

It's one thing if a newly implemented feature is busted in it's first year of implementation, but if stats have been wrong for several years in a row, then it seems to be more of a problem of who's doing it than a problem of how much time they have to do it. We're not talking about 12 months to get it right, we're talking about 48-60 months to build a sim stat engine that spits out realistic results.

It seems that it should be inexcusable that things remain broken for more than 1 and definitely more than 2 years in a row. At that point, they are well aware of the problem and either choose to ignore or just don't have the personel to do it right...they definitely have the time. If they say they don't, then it really comes down to their list of priorities and putting their resources to something new or different than something existing and broken.

Last edited by Trevytrev11; 12-07-2009 at 02:34 PM.
Old 12-07-2009, 02:40 PM   #28
Banned

OVR: 5

Silly original post. Of course consumers should voice concerns. Its up to EA to appropriately prioritize the non value added changes that they will make

So long as this company continues to try and band aid deep rooted development issues and not trully "fix" the game people will always have these complaints.
In the same breath anyone who thought the patch was gonna change this game into the best playing madden ever is being just a bit na´ve. I personally don't want them making major overhauls to the game's code outside of the normal development cycle. If the devs didn't get it right at release then a) the release should've been delayed or b) they need to prioritize issues and "really" fix them in the next release.

Having said that, if madden 11 still has the same man align issues, broken flat coverage issues etc. they will prove that they deserve all the criticism that gets dished their way.
Old 12-07-2009, 02:48 PM   #29
Banned

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevytrev11
As far as the stat engine goes...the "one year cycle for sports games" excuse makes sense for year 1 and maybe 2 of a game, but not years 3,4 and 5.
Great point and warranted constructive criticism. Yet the consumers who bring this up are seen by some as the unreasonable ones.
Old 12-07-2009, 03:00 PM   #30
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcus82
Having said that, if madden 11 still has the same man align issues, broken flat coverage issues etc. they will prove that they deserve all the criticism that gets dished their way.
If there's one word and/or sentiment that's thrown around excessively in Madden forums, it's the word 'IF'. If these issues are fixed next year, then something else will be broken in the eyes of Madden gamers. It comes down to what are you willing to tolerate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamehead
Great point and warranted constructive criticism. Yet the consumers who bring this up are seen by some as the unreasonable ones.
I don't have a strong opinion on this. But I do feel like certain issues are magnified by the community whereas maybe they shouldn't be (franchise stats not included). Still it should be said that a few weeks ago people were downright pissed that BACKUP RBs stats were off. Now post-patch 2, some are saying that given a trade off, those stats weren't so bad. Granted, having accurate stats shouldn't be a pick your poison kind of option; but I think a situation like this helps lend perspective.
Old 12-07-2009, 04:03 PM   #31
MVP

jsquigg's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tito78
Shouldn't I EXPECT a product that I purchase to work properly ? The stats were out of wack out of the box; they are out of wack now. Consumers should expect modes in the game to work properly. It's a short development cycle; there will obviously be problems. However, it's been over four months, with two patches and the stats still aren't corrected.

People who pay for a product have the right to criticize it's faults whether they have experience in developing games or not.

In my opinion, Madden 10 hasn't made the huge strides that you claim they have. It's a game of last gen quality with current gen graphics. If this game came out in 2006, it would have been golden. It's 2009, there's nothing that you can do in Madden 10 on current gen platforms that you can't do on last gen platforms.
Proportionally the stats engine makes up only a part of the game. You also make the mistaken conclusion that this game hasn't made significant strides and compare that with the hypothetical non-reality of the game being released in 2006. If you can play a video game in your gaming system, it is working properly, and unfortunately some games seem to only have expectations slightly above that level.
Madden is not one of those games. Ian and the devs have been proactive in seeking feedback on how to improve the game not only pre-release but way after the game was completed. Just because you aren't satisfied with a statistical flaw doesn't mean the game doesn't work properly. There was fair warning of the struggles with the stat engine before the second patch was finished but people still wanted perfection.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-07-2009, 04:10 PM   #32
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgiles36
If there's one word and/or sentiment that's thrown around excessively in Madden forums, it's the word 'IF'. If these issues are fixed next year, then something else will be broken in the eyes of Madden gamers. It comes down to what are you willing to tolerate.

you're probably right. I've tried to keep my complaints about the game pretty focused on the priorities. in my mind there are such things as "deal breakers" when it comes to a sports game. A football game that renders man coverage ineffective is extremely disappointing. They have to at least get that right.

but even that example has been ignored since the game has been on next gen.

gotta build the foundation before you put up a mansion.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »