Home

Should we REALLY be giving EA advice(wishes)?

This is a discussion on Should we REALLY be giving EA advice(wishes)? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-07-2009, 05:15 PM   #33
MVP

ZoneKIller's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: Should we REALLY be giving EA advice(wishes)?

I understand where some of you are coming from,serious.I think it's good to have a way to communicate with the developers.But think about it like this.

Wasnt Madden a better game back in the day before we had wishlists?

98,99, and so on? Fans of certain features blow up if their feature isnt at point on.Even if its just a tad off.Then the develpoers try to satisfy them the best they can and it ends up like this.I was HAPPY with the stats b4.Like another poster b4 said in differnet words.YOU CANT MAKE EVERYONE HAPPY.

And please guys keep in mind what the MOD said b4.Keep this thread civil.
Old 12-07-2009, 05:32 PM   #34
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoneKIller
Wasnt Madden a better game back in the day before we had wishlists?
Maybe, maybe not.

But, even if they were - that doesn't mean wishlists were the cause of the decline of Madden (assuming Madden has declined) since then.

If the developers are trying to make everyone happy, then yeah, that's a lost cause - that doesn't mean wishlists should never exist. What about the good ideas that come from them?
Old 12-07-2009, 06:11 PM   #35
All Star

DonkeyJote's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBLover
Maybe, maybe not.

But, even if they were - that doesn't mean wishlists were the cause of the decline of Madden (assuming Madden has declined) since then.

If the developers are trying to make everyone happy, then yeah, that's a lost cause - that doesn't mean wishlists should never exist. What about the good ideas that come from them?
I disagree. I think online communities have worsened the game in many of our eyes. My reasoning is little things that would go unnoticed by almost everyone are now known by a ton of people. For example, the flats coverage. If it were not for the online community and online playing, this probably isn't noticed by many. I probably would've never noticed it without reading about it, since I don't play online where it would be exploited.

The games are worse because of online wishlists and forums such as this one, but I think we're much harder on them than were at the beginning of last gen. And this goes for all games, not just Madden.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-07-2009, 06:44 PM   #36
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonkeyJote
I disagree. I think online communities have worsened the game in many of our eyes. My reasoning is little things that would go unnoticed by almost everyone are now known by a ton of people. For example, the flats coverage. If it were not for the online community and online playing, this probably isn't noticed by many. I probably would've never noticed it without reading about it, since I don't play online where it would be exploited.

The games are worse because of online wishlists and forums such as this one, but I think we're much harder on them than were at the beginning of last gen. And this goes for all games, not just Madden.

So you're saying Madden/gaming in general now is worse than it was back in 1998 and the sole reason for this is forums like this one?

Personally, I think games in general have improved in quality since 1998, sports or otherwise.
Old 12-07-2009, 07:32 PM   #37
Banned

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsquigg
Proportionally the stats engine makes up only a part of the game.
The gameplay isn't anything to hoot and hollar about.

Quote:
You also make the mistaken conclusion that this game hasn't made significant strides and compare that with the hypothetical non-reality of the game being released in 2006.
How am I mistaken ; what strides did Madden 10 make ? The only thing this game has over last gen versions of the game are the graphics. If this was 3 years ago, it would've have been EA's first full year of developement on the 360/PS3, so simply having a graphical upgrade would be satisfactory; three years later, it isn't.
Quote:
If you can play a video game in your gaming system, it is working properly, and unfortunately some games seem to only have expectations slightly above that level.
Madden is not one of those games. Ian and the devs have been proactive in seeking feedback on how to improve the game not only pre-release but way after the game was completed. Just because you aren't satisfied with a statistical flaw doesn't mean the game doesn't work properly. There was fair warning of the struggles with the stat engine before the second patch was finished but people still wanted perfection.
No, people wanted realism; the stats weren't right before the patch, they are right after the patch. Where was this "fair warning" in August or July ?
Old 12-07-2009, 07:54 PM   #38
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tito78

How am I mistaken ; what strides did Madden 10 make ? The only thing this game has over last gen versions of the game are the graphics. If this was 3 years ago, it would've have been EA's first full year of developement on the 360/PS3, so simply having a graphical upgrade would be satisfactory; three years later, it isn't.

Your opinion.

No, people wanted realism; the stats weren't right before the patch, they are right after the patch. Where was this "fair warning" in August or July ?
The people want realism, the question is, is that the people on the net or the causal players who don't peruse the message boards?(who happen to outnumber us)

I haven't found a sports game out of the box on a yearly cycle that gives me that realism from day 1.
Old 12-07-2009, 09:10 PM   #39
Banned

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
The people want realism, the question is, is that the people on the net or the causal players who don't peruse the message boards?(who happen to outnumber us)
The thing is, casual gamers aren't adverse to realism; they may be indifferent to it, they may not be able to distinguish it, but none of them are adverse to realism in stats, or game play.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
haven't found a sports game out of the box on a yearly cycle that gives me that realism from day 1.
It isn't day one.
Old 12-07-2009, 09:57 PM   #40
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tito78
The thing is, casual gamers aren't adverse to realism; they may be indifferent to it, they may not be able to distinguish it, but none of them are adverse to realism in stats, or game play.

It isn't day one.
Agree with point number 1, but not #2. If one area of stats are fixed and messes with another area, I'd rather them work on 11 than fiddle around with 10 all year just trying to get a few stats correct.

And that is no offense to the stats folks.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »