Home

Should we REALLY be giving EA advice(wishes)?

This is a discussion on Should we REALLY be giving EA advice(wishes)? within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
ESBC Roster - The Best We've Ever Seen in a Boxing Game?
PES 2021 Team Spirit Guide - Understand Chemistry on a New Level
MLB The Show 21 Diamond Dynasty Budget Beasts
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-08-2009, 10:24 AM   #49
Banned
 
OVR: 5
Join Date: Sep 2009
Re: Should we REALLY be giving EA advice(wishes)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jump
Ahh, the wonders of the one year development cycle.
its not the one year development cycle that is the the issue. it's the priority setting process at EA, and what seems to be, short sighted development planning. They only look one year in the future. (which ultimately results in band aid fixes and no major overhauls)

EA needs a madden task force with the purpose of rethinking the way they do things.
marcus82 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 10:53 AM   #50
Banned
 
OVR: 12
Join Date: Jul 2008
Re: Should we REALLY be giving EA advice(wishes)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonkeyJote
That is extremely true. Look at glitches for CoD. Type in Modern Warfare 2 glitches, and you'll find a ton of them.
The issues I have with the game are the ones that I have found. I don't go looking for the issues.

They are just SO glaring that if you play one season of offline franchise you are going to see them.

I mean the first thing I do with a game of madden is sim a few seasons to look at the stats, offseason, check for FA issues, check injuries, check CPU team management, etc.

After uploading patch #2 and simming one season you could see there are major issues with rushing and sack stats. ANY football fan should know those number are insanely high.

The injuries are also something any real football fan would notice as being a glaring issue. I mean come on do you think there are more injuries on the O-line then all other positions combine? To the point where there are no Centers, LG, and/or RG in free agency. Mean while there are hardly any injuries in other position.

This is the problem with EA lately. They are over producing the damn game and missing MAJOR bugs and forgetting the basics of what a football franchise game needs to have in order to be fun and realistic.

I am enjoying what they are doing with the game play (minus the out of the box bugs). If they could put effort into franchise to get the basics right the game would be fun.

But I don't play the game to just play the games. I wouldn't buy it without franchise mode and don't enjoy it with one that is ****ed up.

Last edited by stux; 12-08-2009 at 10:55 AM.
stux is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 11:30 AM   #51
*ll St*r
 
roadman's Arena
 
OVR: 34
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Midwest
Posts: 25,525
Re: Should we REALLY be giving EA advice(wishes)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by stux
The issues I have with the game are the ones that I have found. I don't go looking for the issues.

They are just SO glaring that if you play one season of offline franchise you are going to see them.

I mean the first thing I do with a game of madden is sim a few seasons to look at the stats, offseason, check for FA issues, check injuries, check CPU team management, etc.

After uploading patch #2 and simming one season you could see there are major issues with rushing and sack stats. ANY football fan should know those number are insanely high.

The injuries are also something any real football fan would notice as being a glaring issue. I mean come on do you think there are more injuries on the O-line then all other positions combine? To the point where there are no Centers, LG, and/or RG in free agency. Mean while there are hardly any injuries in other position.

This is the problem with EA lately. They are over producing the damn game and missing MAJOR bugs and forgetting the basics of what a football franchise game needs to have in order to be fun and realistic.

I am enjoying what they are doing with the game play (minus the out of the box bugs). If they could put effort into franchise to get the basics right the game would be fun.

But I don't play the game to just play the games. I wouldn't buy it without franchise mode and don't enjoy it with one that is ****ed up.
I truly understand what you are saying, but I remember Josh Looman's first introduction into the Madden forum. He came over from the HC team and he said a few things.

1) Don't expect an overhaul with franchise mode for Madden 10.
2) Don't expect everything from HC to be dumped into Madden.

He said for Madden 10, we will tweak franchise mode.

So, knowing that, I wasn't expecting much on the franchise end. The major parts that were worked on were presentation and game play.

Maybe 11 franchise mode will get more love and I hope it does.

I was in your boat 10 yrs ago with stats. I was very picky to almost being retentive about the whole thing. Three kids later and marriage disrupted that picky side of me because I just don't have the time or patience anymore.

It's very difficult to tailor a game to everyone's wants, needs and desires.
roadman is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-08-2009, 11:42 AM   #52
Banned
 
OVR: 12
Join Date: Jul 2008
Re: Should we REALLY be giving EA advice(wishes)?

Some times don't you feel like just learning C++ coding a stats engine and handing it to EA so it could finally be right?

I mean it is just sims stats. I used to program in pascal and basic I really don't think it can be THAT hard to get Qb, rushing, WR, and defensive stats some what accurate.

I know what you mean about not having them time. I am getting to the point that if next year isn't worth playing I don't think I will spend the money on it any more. I know it is only $60 but I would rather spend it on my kid, I think he would get more enjoyment out of the money which would make me happy.
stux is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 11:54 AM   #53
*ll St*r
 
roadman's Arena
 
OVR: 34
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Midwest
Posts: 25,525
Re: Should we REALLY be giving EA advice(wishes)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by stux
Some times don't you feel like just learning C++ coding a stats engine and handing it to EA so it could finally be right?

I mean it is just sims stats. I used to program in pascal and basic I really don't think it can be THAT hard to get Qb, rushing, WR, and defensive stats some what accurate.

I know what you mean about not having them time. I am getting to the point that if next year isn't worth playing I don't think I will spend the money on it any more. I know it is only $60 but I would rather spend it on my kid, I think he would get more enjoyment out of the money which would make me happy.
I would love to know C++, but I had lousy programming skills in college.(punch card era, lol)

Our 14 yr old son loves beating dad in Madden.

Rushing, yds per carry and sacks are very important stats. If I look at it spending my $60 currently, I would love game play to be very good and if the majority of the stats look good, then I'm ok with that.

I want to repeat though, that the above three stats are very important to get right.
roadman is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 12:08 PM   #54
Hall Of Fame
 
KBLover's Arena
 
OVR: 40
Join Date: Aug 2009
Blog Entries: 14
Re: Should we REALLY be giving EA advice(wishes)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcus82
its not the one year development cycle that is the the issue. it's the priority setting process at EA, and what seems to be, short sighted development planning. They only look one year in the future. (which ultimately results in band aid fixes and no major overhauls)

EA needs a madden task force with the purpose of rethinking the way they do things.
This and the fact EA never builds a base and then improves on it. It's like every year lately they are rebuilding Madden from scratch and coming out different every year.

They need to take Madden 10 as a base and build on it. Don't take stuff out. Tweak it and then add in a few new things for Madden 11. Then when it's time to work on Madden 12, tweak what's was wrong with those few things added for 11 and add one or two more for Madden 12, etc.

I believe that's how OOTP develops year after year. They had one major rewrite going from OOTP6 to OOTP7 (which took over a year) and then since then, OOTP7 was the base with more things added and tweaked on top every year.

I guess, though, that's the advantage of being a self-published developer. You don't have to worry about suits harping on you or giving you money/approval for things.
KBLover is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:04 AM.

Top -