Home

To many rushing TD's?(For me...question)

This is a discussion on To many rushing TD's?(For me...question) within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
ESBC Roster - The Best We've Ever Seen in a Boxing Game?
PES 2021 Team Spirit Guide - Understand Chemistry on a New Level
MLB The Show 21 Diamond Dynasty Budget Beasts
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 12-07-2009, 03:23 PM   #1
Rookie

scfan919's Arena

OVR: 4
To many rushing TD's?(For me...question)

Ok, in my franchise, I'm playing with the Vikings. I have had some trouble with the pass, so I have run more. I typically run out of the Iformation and run the HB sweep, or the weak counter, i also run the stretch from the ace formation with peterson. But after 4 games, he has 11 rushing touchdowns, and I'm 2-2. I only have one passing TD on the year, because Favre went down and won't be back for a few weeks, and Travarus Jackson is tragic(cost me the game against the pack because of two attrocious pick 6's that were thrown to wide open guys.). So, my question, am I using money plays? or is this just my offense? any help guys?
R.I.P. Kenny McKinley #11 Forever Eleven
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-07-2009, 03:26 PM   #2
CQI
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: To many rushing TD's?(For me...question)

I haven't played in a while, but I think the sweep was something that was discussed as an overpowered play. When I was playing with the Dolphins, I had a similar situation, except that I had my two back combining for close to 300 yards, while Pennington was averaging 120 passing yards, with 1 TD through 4 games.
Old 12-07-2009, 03:27 PM   #3
Rookie

scfan919's Arena

Yea, on certain teams it seems overpowered, however, when I played the Packers, I couldn't get to the outside to save my life. Instead I had to run up the gut and try the counter, it worked, and he still got his 2 TDs, but only got like 75-100yds whereas he had been getting like 150-200 per game.
Old 12-07-2009, 03:37 PM   #4
Rookie

Playing with the vikings is too cheap for me as well, because in the half season before I quit playing as them in franchise, I had peterson at over 2000 yards rushing, and he had broken his own rushing record 3 seperate times, and had only not rushed for under 100 yards once against the steelers. Contain sucks in this game, and peterson breaks way to many tackles, and I found it very unrealistic that he could rush for over 200 yards against the ravens, but it happened for me. Btw, Im playing on all-pro.
Old 12-07-2009, 03:39 PM   #5
Rookie

scfan919's Arena

I am using some custom sliders that I have found to give me very realistic games, and very nice stats...got them from the slider forum on here. But when I use Peterson its like his speed and agility are just to good.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-07-2009, 04:50 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by golionsgo
Playing with the vikings is too cheap for me as well, because in the half season before I quit playing as them in franchise, I had peterson at over 2000 yards rushing, and he had broken his own rushing record 3 seperate times, and had only not rushed for under 100 yards once against the steelers. Contain sucks in this game, and peterson breaks way to many tackles, and I found it very unrealistic that he could rush for over 200 yards against the ravens, but it happened for me. Btw, Im playing on all-pro.
When I was playin on all-pro Rashad Jennings (Jags Rookie) averaged 100 yards per game and he isnt that good in the game. If you switch it up to all-madden you should see a more realistic defense when you try to run the ball.
Old 12-07-2009, 05:12 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 26

If I am using a fast back like Peterson, Johnson, Bush, ect ect I will limit myself to only using a toss or a sweep play once per quarter and it cant be a critical down.(I am playing on the 360 so I dont know about post patch yet) I was averaging 8+ yards a play every toss play against almost every team so I made the choice to almost completely remove it from my playbook.

And as another poster said, running with the vikings is kinda almost cheat. They are legitimately a good rush team IRL because they have a strong offensive line and AP but in madden it is completely overdone and you end up getting 200+ yards a game on 20 carries if you have even the slightest amount of stick skills.(default all pro) Obviously IRL AP doesnt run for 200 yards a game...There are even games where he doesnt break 100 yards but madden doesnt properly reflect that aspect.

The amount of TDs you are scoring is about right with the vikings. Their line will give you about a 90% chance to score on the goal line in madden. Given the fact that you have AP as well you, are almost 100% going to get a score if you are in the goal line set. It would be stupid to not run the ball in the red zone with odds like that lol
Old 12-07-2009, 05:32 PM   #8
Rookie

Are you using the sprint button? If you are, don't: if the CPU can't sprint, neither should you.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »