Home

Whats up with people running the score?

This is a discussion on Whats up with people running the score? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-07-2009, 06:50 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
Whats up with people running the score?

So I was playing against some guy online and he was New Orleans, so I chose Indianapolis. The game is pretty even 17-14 him at halftime and its 24-17 Saints when I burn him on a double move and complete a pass to Garcon at the NO 5. Garcon doesnt even hit the ground and Sharper hits him and its a fumble. I call a challenge and the game instead challenges the spot of the ball. It must have been that because there was no way it was a fumble. When I saw the play develop I was like ok I'm fine with an incomplete. But nope the game determines it a fumble and I lose a TO and he gets the ball back. 2 plays later its 31-17.

With 2:13 to go I march downfield and score a TD 31-24 with 33 seconds left. I kick an onside kick and recover it. Im down to the NO 13, when Manning gets hit and throws a duck up and its picked off by Fujita. Game over.

Now heres where it gets weird and frankly frustrating. Neither of us went for it on 4th downs all game(I had to go twice on that last drive with 2min left) and we both kicked field goals on 4th and goal from the 2 and 3 respectively. So I'm thinking games over so I just pick GL defense and expect him to kneel down since I had no TO, there was 14 seconds left and the ball was at his 14. Instead, he comes out 5wr and throws it to Meachem for a TD(obviously I chose my play before he did). And if that wasnt enough he went for 2 and made it. This was all in the process of me messaging him saying GG and that I thought the game screwed up the Garcon fumble. with 5 seconds left I was just content with kneeling down and leaving. But he kicks the onside kick recovers, and trys another hail mary.

What was shaping up to be a good legit game turned into him suddenly thinking he had to run the score and be a dick. I'll probably never play online madden again.

Last edited by 6194life; 12-07-2009 at 06:52 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-07-2009, 07:14 PM   #2
MVP

baseballsim's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Whats up with people running the score?

I can see how this would tick you off and it would tick me off too but not enough to never play online again.

If it really burns me up I'll just send my opponent an IM to voice my displeasure and then find another match.

Last edited by baseballsim; 12-07-2009 at 07:17 PM. Reason: no pleasure
Old 12-07-2009, 07:56 PM   #3
MVP

TeamBuilder's Arena

OVR: 15

I don't play online because of what you just described and the ridiculous trash talking. It's not even fun. I thought that playing only unranked games would be okay because I just wanted some clean fun games... I was wrong.
Old 12-07-2009, 08:02 PM   #4
MVP

baseballsim's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamBuilder
I don't play online because of what you just described and the ridiculous trash talking. It's not even fun. I thought that playing only unranked games would be okay because I just wanted some clean fun games... I was wrong.
I tried offline franchise but can't get into it. I find playing online more competitive. Online play in Madden 10 really isn't as bad as it was last year, in my opinion.
Old 12-07-2009, 08:43 PM   #5
Pro

OVR: 16

Was this on xbox? If so add your gamertag in the Xbox Sim... topic.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-07-2009, 08:49 PM   #6
MVP

TeamBuilder's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseballsim
I tried offline franchise but can't get into it. I find playing online more competitive. Online play in Madden 10 really isn't as bad as it was last year, in my opinion.
What I do is play offline franchise, and after 3 seasons a few of my buddies and I export our teams and play against each other using our franchise teams. We get a lot out of franchise and we get the chance to play against human opponents.
Old 12-07-2009, 09:01 PM   #7
Pro

caseyj622's Arena

OVR: 3

I am not somebody who will run the score up if I have the game in my COMPLETE control. but frankly, I have no problem with somebody trying to run the score up on me. In fact, I believe it gives me an opportunity to get a pick or a fumble and try to run it back. If they just take a knee, the game is over. So i don't mind it at all. And if it bothers you so much, you should try playing some defense. I can't believe it bothers you so much that you will never play online again because of that...and why in the world would you be calling a goalline defense when you are down by a TD. anything can happen. It's never over until it's OVER.
Old 12-07-2009, 09:14 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 5

I would say that that he was trying to; (A):keep the game fun and interesting, or (B): giving you a chance to win the game. My brother and I play quite a bit and if it is at the end of a close game keeping the ball in play is the honorable thing to do.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »