Home

When will there finally be pocket pressure

This is a discussion on When will there finally be pocket pressure within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
ESBC Roster - The Best We've Ever Seen in a Boxing Game?
PES 2021 Team Spirit Guide - Understand Chemistry on a New Level
MLB The Show 21 Diamond Dynasty Budget Beasts
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 12-07-2009, 04:34 PM   #1
Or should I

catcatch22's Arena

OVR: 23
When will there finally be pocket pressure

This franchise has never had this feature in the game it desperately needs to be added.

No matter how much pressure you put on a qb in this game they still throw too accurate with guys right in their face. Unless you hit them, qb's in this game throw balls as if no one is near them. Sure you see the pressure throw animation but the throw itself is never effected by pass rush pressure, just the animation of the throw.

I know madden has never added this element to the game but it's about time they did. without it, it makes having great pass rushers useless since they have to hit the qb to have any effect.

Before anyone says this has not been in any other game so why complain, it is in All Pro Football 2k8 where if you get good pressure on qb's who can't handle it you can force them into bad throws just on pressure alone in their face. Please add this in a patch or at least next year. It is about time!

***EDIT***

Use the "throw on the run rating" as a can he throw under pressure rating if you throw this in a patch. That is the only rating that comes close to how one throws under pressure. If not it needs to be added next year as a rating. All Pro football calls it "tough as nails" for qb's. Either case this HAS to be added to make pass rushers more valuable.

Last edited by catcatch22; 12-07-2009 at 04:38 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-07-2009, 04:44 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: When will there finally be pocket pressure

I agree. It seems like if I dont play with a great DL the quaterback gets no pressure at all. Though Ive found that mixing up blitz packages helps a whole lot. Still, a three man rush is doing nothing at all...
Old 12-07-2009, 04:50 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 19

Disagree and agree with you.

I believe that Madden 10 does have pocket pressure. I have had numerous times rushing the QB only for him to try to throw a quick pass that was either intercepted or incomplete. Madden 08, 09 had no pocket pressure or even a pocket to begin with.

The pocket pressure is not where it needs to be though. Only a few QB's such as McNabb will run, but it seems the QB always runs up the middle. I would like the CPU QB to evade the pressure more and break the pocket and still attempt a throw.

So there is pocket pressure but it still needs improvement
Old 12-07-2009, 04:53 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 34

Either that, or a pocket presence/pocket composure type rating.

APF does this very well.

QBs with the "tough as nails" attribute..can stand in there with bodies flying around them, and deliver crisp passes..while others cannot..

the lower teir QBs get really scatter shot, when pressured..as they should be.

A gold QB, can make all of the throws you need to make, and arent as phased by pressure..silvers are still good..and bronze less releiable. and less compused under pressure.

No reason why Madden couldnt do something similar.

Last edited by sportyguyfl31; 12-07-2009 at 09:37 PM.
Old 12-07-2009, 04:58 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLEAR17

I believe that Madden 10 does have pocket pressure. I have had numerous times rushing the QB only for him to try to throw a quick pass that was either intercepted or incomplete. Madden 08, 09 had no pocket pressure or even a pocket to begin with.
Yea I know what you mean but I still think there are too many times where the quaterback has what seems like hours in the pocket.

Quote:
The pocket pressure is not where it needs to be though. Only a few QB's such as McNabb will run, but it seems the QB always runs up the middle. I would like the CPU QB to evade the pressure more and break the pocket and still attempt a throw.

And I have also seen the qb run up the middle while scrambling almost everytime. The only time the qb ran to the side I sacked him so...that doesnt count.

Do you think that OL players are ranked too high when it comes to blocking for the pass?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-07-2009, 05:04 PM   #6
Or should I

catcatch22's Arena

Quote:

I think you misunderstood my point a bit. I mean that in many circumstances where I devised (brilliant if I say so myself) schemes to get pressure on the qb and give the qb no room to step up and make a pass with my pass rushers right there about to hit him, the qb quick throw or not makes a very strong accurate throw despite the pressure. The only reward I get is a quicker thorw or an animation of the qb adjusting, but the throw itself is just as strong and accurate despite the pressure.

Which is why I brung up All Pro as an example of where they got it right to an extent. NFL 2k5 had the composure rating but it did not work right. I would like madden to do it the way All Pro did it.
Old 12-07-2009, 05:06 PM   #7
Or should I

catcatch22's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by P. Hays
Yea I know what you mean but I still think there are too many times where the quaterback has what seems like hours in the pocket.
Actuall I have found ways to get pressure on the qb by doing different blitzes and stunts and it works but unless you hit the QB the pass rush has little effect on the QB.
Old 12-07-2009, 05:07 PM   #8
Rookie

I see. I have suffered the same.

But it always happens to me with a high ranked quarterback. Manning always gets the pass off perfectly right when Im about to hit him or hanging off of him it seems. But thats fine, Manning is one of the best so I guess the game has to cut him a little more slack.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »