Home

Whats up with people running the score?

This is a discussion on Whats up with people running the score? within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
ESBC Roster - The Best We've Ever Seen in a Boxing Game?
PES 2021 Team Spirit Guide - Understand Chemistry on a New Level
MLB The Show 21 Diamond Dynasty Budget Beasts
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 12-07-2009, 09:15 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Whats up with people running the score?

Quote:
Originally Posted by caseyj622
I am not somebody who will run the score up if I have the game in my COMPLETE control. but frankly, I have no problem with somebody trying to run the score up on me. In fact, I believe it gives me an opportunity to get a pick or a fumble and try to run it back. If they just take a knee, the game is over. So i don't mind it at all. And if it bothers you so much, you should try playing some defense. I can't believe it bothers you so much that you will never play online again because of that...and why in the world would you be calling a goalline defense when you are down by a TD. anything can happen. It's never over until it's OVER.
1) I knew this response was coming.

2) I thought he was going to kneel down with 13 seconds left, so I just picked any formation.
Old 12-07-2009, 10:49 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 3
keeping the ball in play is not an honorable thing to do. its redtarted , just kneel down. but i disagree with op because if its in the game, its in the game. it might be classless but, you actually see this in real life every once in a while. you see it in college more than the league though. plus, i was down by 4 points with 12 seconds left, no timeouts, and my opponet at my 20 yard line or something one day; this idiot threw a pass and i got a pick 6 to win the game. it can only hurt people to run up the score. they were going to win regardless, unless something crazy happens to put you back in the game. you dont get extra points online for margin of victory, so its all risk and no reward. dont take it personal if someone runs up the score, because they are probably the type of person to do things like that just to get under peoples skin. if someone starts running up the score on me and i have time outs left, i will do something stupid like call one with 1 second left to give them another play, even when i have no shot at winning. i just take it in stride, its only a game
Old 12-08-2009, 01:05 AM   #11
MVP

cdon2k's Arena

OVR: 20

Wow Casey, just wow... To the OP, the sad part to me is that the game allows this sort of play. I am still wondering why fairplay has never made it to nextgen to eliminate these jerks. I have had this happen a few times and while it doesn't bother me too much, what does bother me is my opponent wasting my TIME. For a guy to extend a game when it's clearly decided is classless. Madden takes too long to finish a game as it is without a jerk extending a decided game. I read a thread related to this one about people not granting mercy. Give me a break. You won, cool, move on to the next game.

I have found unranked play and online franchise to be my modes of choice. Unranked play doesn't quite give me the competition I desire, but it does save me from many of those guys who can't take a loss and will do ANYTHING to win. Even if that means glitching, pausing, and whatever exploit they can find. The other thing that's nice about unranked is that there is no disconnect percentage. Wife wants you to go to wal-mart? Fine, just msg the guy "gotta run" and do what you need to do. It's that simple. Online franchise can be fun if you can get in a decent one. I recommend the online section of this forum to look for a franchise.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-08-2009, 08:31 AM   #12
Left side, strong side

C the Lyte's Arena

OVR: 18

i had to run the score up on some hapless fool yesterday. I stress "had to". He couldn't stop me running the ball, and tried cheesing all game with that roll out deep pass crap every play. It was 28-0 at the half, he had negative yardage, and hadn't even crossed the 50 in the 1st half. I offered mercy at the half, and the poor sap declined. If I am dominating you and offer a mercy to end things quick and you decline, I am pouring it on after that. He quit midway through the 4th quarter down 49-0.
Old 12-08-2009, 09:20 AM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 22

Honestly is a video game. If you're playing Call of Duty and lose 40-0 do you get made someone ran up the score?

Grow up.
Old 12-08-2009, 10:29 AM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 3

any1 who complains about the score being ran up is just too sensitive. i dont do it, and i think it is stupid, but please dont cry about it. what can you do? dont let it get under your skin, thats what people want. if someone runs up the score, just take it in stride. every1 online wont do that crap. you HAVE to have thick skin when playing online. peolple will send u messages taunting you, run around the goalline on a breakaway td, run the same exact play over and over, run up the score, call u lucky or sorry, etc. never let this get to you if u play online. online ranked play by far offers the best competition so if u want a real challenge, u have to put up with some b.s every once in a while. plus, its not like the score has never got ran up in an nfl game. rememeber the 06 or 07 patriots?
Old 12-08-2009, 10:37 AM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 5

Honestly yea I think youre being sensitive. I mean if you lose by 40 or 4, its still a loss.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-08-2009, 11:04 AM   #16
MVP

cdon2k's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by njd.aitken
Honestly is a video game. If you're playing Call of Duty and lose 40-0 do you get made someone ran up the score?

Grow up.
Like I said, it's a TIME issue. If someone is up 40-0 on me. I just want to get mercy and go on about my life. To continue the contest is a waste of TIME. The OP mentioned that the game was over with a kneel down. His opponent scored THREE MORE TIMES probably adding 15-30 minutes to a decided game! Maybe it's just me, but I can hardly get in a game being married, having a life and whatnot and then stuff like this happens. In the TIME I am wasting with this guy, I could be trying to fit another game in before I have to stop playing.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »