Home

Old 12-07-2009, 08:23 PM   #9
Underdog

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45
Re: Cut scenes are unnecessary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
I'm not sure about that, I am on hardcore and still get cutscenes (which I like as well), just no backtrack.
Really? I admittedly just assumed that Hardcore turned everything off based off what I was told for Madden 09. Interesting.
Old 12-07-2009, 08:24 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 36

I would like them to make them all live next year. That way they are unpredictable, and it will happen as soon as the play ends just like in the NFL. They did it in NBA Live 10 and I feel like they will do it for Madden 11. Also I would like interactive sidelines!

I don't mind the cutscenes tho, all tho they are annoying now.
Old 12-07-2009, 08:27 PM   #11
Pro

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krioniq
Change the playing style to Hardcore and you will have your wish. No post-play anything.

I personally enjoy the cutscenes, they add atmosphere to the game. I do think EA should add more and more variety to them in future Madden iterations to keep it fresh. It'd be better also if they could work without the camera fades, but that's a little nuance that I can live without honestly.
I do agree that they add atmosphere to the game. They could still add the same stuff from the cutscenes into the post-play, though. Either that, or they should make some of the cutscenes (such as the chain measurement and ref deliberations) from the broadcast angle as well so that it looks more like it would on TV. For now, it seems like a lot of the cutscenes are too zoomed in.

I think there should be interactive sidelines too. The whole "real-time" atmosphere should feel alive (meaning camera men, sideline players, crowd, cheerleaders, etc), not just in cutscenes. I wouldn't mind if the graphics were scaled back a bit for an interactive sideline and crowd personally.

Last edited by TDogg09; 12-07-2009 at 08:32 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-07-2009, 10:05 PM   #12
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krioniq
Change the playing style to Hardcore and you will have your wish. No post-play anything.
You're still forced to watch the chain-gang pull out the sticks. And depending on which side you view them from, you know before it's over if it's a first down or not. You have to watch the fumble skirmish, which is another venture of tedium.

Not only this, the half-time garbage is also anoying. I don't need to see stats and highlights. I know what happened in the game. I've been playing it. Yeah, I can skip over it. But it still takes a long time to load all that crap just so I can skip it.

I'm not saying these things don't have their appeal. I just wish there was a super-sleek no-frills version of game play that just let you get down to business.
Old 12-07-2009, 10:18 PM   #13
MVP

JayD's Arena

OVR: 16

I'd rather have cut scenes than nothing at all. I swear people ask for something the year prior and when it gets put in the game people bitch about it.
Old 12-07-2009, 10:47 PM   #14
Banned

OVR: 24

You serious???
Go play Madden 08 and you'll get your wish. Sheesh.
Old 12-07-2009, 10:52 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 2

Would it be that hard to just give us an on/off switch. I personally can't stand them. When you know the result 1 second in because it's "that angle, it becomes pointless. What I'd give for some automatic replays though -- or just an easy way to access the manual replay that doesn't require almost calling a timeout by mistake 10 times a game...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-07-2009, 10:54 PM   #16
MVP

bigsmallwood's Arena

OVR: 37

Cutscenes are the best part of the game!!!!! If you must complain, then ask for an option to turn them off, but they add to the game TREMENDOUSLY! Go play NFL 2K5.....and see how a REAL game looks....OH and aren't cutscenes part of the real NFL? YES!!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »